Travel Answers
Maratea

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Assessing the AV2 trail and recomendation where to escape after the 5th day

Dolomiti 14 hours ago

Hi,
      My partner and I are planning to arranged to do the first 5 days of Alta Via 2 in the Dolomites. We hike quite a bit but is always just for 1 or 2 days at a time. We are trying to get a better idea of the trail to make sure it is not beyond our capabilities. Our days, along the AV2, are listed below:

Questions:
      1. Can someone comment on what kind of equipment we need and what kind of equiptment is helpful (hiking poles vs. ferratas kits)l. We want to avoid via ferratas.

2. On day 5/6 is there a good place to finish the hike and get back into town. We want to make our way back to Milan .

Thanks!

Day 1 Bressanone to Rifugio Ditta di Bressanone Cicerone book difficulty rating: 2
      Day 2 to Rifugio Genova 2
      Day 3 to Rifugio Puez 2-3
      Day 4 to Rifugio Pisciadu 3
      Day 5 to Rifugio Castiglioni 3
      Day 6 to Rifugio Castiglioni 2

more
    • Beach in Vietri sul Mare and Sorento

Vietri sul Mare Yesterday

We plan to stay 14 days in Salerno at the end of august and first half of September. So we planned to visit all the major towns on the Amalfi coast but to have some sunbathing on La Baia beach in Vietri sul mare.

1) Can anyone tell me what are the prices of a parasol + sunbeds for 2 people on La Baia beach in Vietri sul mare and is it far from the bus stops?

2) Are there any sandy beaches in Salerno? What are the prices? Where are they situated?

Thank you in advance for your answers!

more
    • Best romantic country area in Tuscany?

Tuscany Jul 14, 2016 at 2:32 AM

Dears,

I am planning to visit Tuscany for 2 days this September with my partner. I am wondering about the best place preferably a countryside overlooking the sea where we can have rent a small villa for a quite and private time while still being able to get to the town center, enjoy good food, and mingle with the locals.
      Thank you!

more
    • Best way Tivoli to Barberini?

Tivoli Jul 10, 2016 at 6:20 AM

We need to travel from Villa d'Este in Tivoli to Piazza Barberini in Rome and are undecided about train to Tiburtina and Metro B to Barberini or Cotral bus from Tivoli. Cost is less of a consideration than time

more
    • cmcard2's Profile Photo

Places to stay

Naples Jul 7, 2016 at 10:46 AM

Looking place with view bay of Naples close to the lungomare or Chiaia district.

Any recommendations?

more
    • hotel Val Passiria

Meran Jul 5, 2016 at 12:37 AM

Hi ! I'm looking for a hotel in Val Passiria which is suitable for perfekt family holidays. While searching I found the Stroblhof: http://www.stroblhof.com/en/ Did anybody know the hotel or can recommend another? We are 2 adults with 3 children which are 4,7 and 9 years old. The budget is not fixed yet.
      Lovely greetings smiley

more
    • Booking for beach necessary?

Castiglioncello Jul 2, 2016 at 1:39 PM

I'm going to Castiglioncello tomorrow for the day and was wondering if I will be able to use the beaches as I am not staying at a hotel or have made any bookings.

more
    • Campania Arte Card?

Italy Jul 2, 2016 at 10:57 AM

Is the Campania Arte card (option with transportation) worth it? I will be visiting the Naples Archaeological Museum, Pompei, and using the SITA bus several times along the Amalfi Coast. Thanks everyone!

more
    • Food Tours

Parma Jun 28, 2016 at 10:28 PM

The food tours for Parma are very expensive. Does anyone know of any cheaper options? Is it easy to do some of the chees, ham, and balsamic tours self-guided?

more
    • cmcard2's Profile Photo

Poligano al Mare, Trani, or Monopoli?

Italy Jun 28, 2016 at 2:10 PM

Any preference for place to stay for a few days? Recommendations for hotel would be appreciated!

more
    • ValeryCollins's Profile Photo

Can you identify these tombs in Otranto please

Otranto Jun 28, 2016 at 4:43 AM

As we walked through Otranto we came to a partially derelict area near the castle with some tombs set in the wall. Does anyone know whose tombs they are. I do have a photo I can post.

more
    • desert_princess's Profile Photo

Prices , food, supermarkets

Bibione Jul 20, 2016 at 6:05 AM

Is there double pricing in Bibione - tourists and locals?
      Any idea how much an umbrella per day costs?
      Thanks in advance :)

more
    • boat trip

Milazzo Jul 18, 2016 at 10:32 PM

Hello,

I'd love to know if there is a daily boat trip from Miltzo to Stromboli at the end of September 2016.
      all the best

Schafer46

more
    • Swimming Pools

Montecatini Terme Jul 16, 2016 at 2:02 PM

Are there any swimming pools in Montecatini?

more
    • Rob61's Profile Photo

Best town to stay for trecking in the dolimite mountains

Dolomiti Jul 10, 2016 at 2:48 AM

We would like to stay as close as posible to the mountains, with good transport to start of the route/ cable car.and any high routes to recommend we aim to go in September
      Thank you for your help
      Rob and Jill

more
    • Transportation

Pescara Jul 5, 2016 at 4:50 AM

Hello,

I will visit Pescara in one week with some friends. We rented a house in Francavilla , but we would like to visit also the surrounding. We will stay for one week and we were wandering if it is cheaper and more convenient to rent a car , or by bus? Or is there any other method like bla bla car ?

Thank you, Delia

more
    • ValeryCollins's Profile Photo

Is that San Oronzo on the promenade in Otranto

Otranto Jul 2, 2016 at 7:11 AM

First - thanks for all the great answers to my last question about Otranto. Now for my next question. There is a column with a statue on the top on the sea front of Otranto which looks very like San Oronzo who features a lot in Puglia towns. I have made an extensive search on the internet but no joy - does anyone know if I am right?
      Thanks

more
    • Garda and Gardaland

Garda Jun 29, 2016 at 3:01 PM

Visiting Garda and Gardaland in July. What is the weather like in July (20 - 28July)?

Moreover, as for Gardaland, I have been told that one can buy 'priority' band where queues can be skipped .... has anyone been there and experienced such? If yes, is it available online?

Thanks.

more
    • sandeepgarg's Profile Photo

Milan Study

Milan Jun 28, 2016 at 10:25 PM

My daughter and 2 friends arrive at Malpensa on 11th July afternoon. They are there till 23rd July for a summer course at NABA university (downtown of Navigli area). They are staying near the institute itself.

Now,

1. How do they get to that area from the Malpensa airport?

2. How do they travel around Milan? What is the best process to sight see around Milan, and what all to see? They will be staying near the Central Station on night of 23rd (basically spend the whole day of 23rd roaming around Milan City).

3. How to travel to and from Linate airport and NABA? For the 3, will a Taxi be more cost effective?

Thanks in advance friends.

more
    • Train from Milan Malpensa to Rome

Italy Jun 28, 2016 at 6:33 PM

I am arriving in Italy- Milan Malpensa Airport on Oct 5, 2016 at 12:15PM (Noon). I am looking to travel to Rome via train. Is there enough time for me to make the following train? I will still need to collect luggage and get through custom.

TRAIN #10350 Regional | Malpensa Aeroporto (MXP) 14:13 — Milano Porta Garibaldi 14:54 | 41m
      TRAIN #9573 Frecciarossa | Milano Porta Garibaldi 15:18 — Roma Termini 18:55 | 3h 37m

more
    • Bus service?

Scalea Jul 24, 2016 at 7:16 AM

Hi all,

I know there is a rail service, but is there a bus service in scalea itself? Further, is there a bus service between Scalea and neighbouring towns?

more
    • train between Tivoli and Rome Tiburtina

Rome Jul 10, 2016 at 5:53 AM

Does anyone know about the schedule between Tivoli and Tiburtina? We are interested in how long it takes and how often it runs.

more
    • Italy to Slovenia

Italy Jul 2, 2016 at 11:25 PM

Hi,

In August we (a late 20s couple) are traveling from Milan to Venice to Triste to Ljubljana. Would you recommend taking the train? If so, do you have any recommendations on which train company or the best times to travel?

Many thanks for your assistance :)
      Rachel

more
    • FrancineM1's Profile Photo

La Spezia to Lucca?

La Spezia Jun 29, 2016 at 6:49 PM

Wondering how much a car service would cost from La Spezia to Lucca with a little site seeing on the way. It looks like an hour or so by trains... has anyone had experience with a reasonably priced car service, not sure if they charge by the hour, miles, etc... thank you Francine

more
    • Driving Venice to Como in early October

Italy Jul 18, 2016 at 1:27 PM

Driving Venice to Como in early October. Take the toll road or is there a more interesting/scenic route with a place for an overnight ?

more
    • Maratea and santavenere hotel

by genebeans Online Now Jul 6, 2007 at 2:19 PM

I was hoping that someone would place some info on Maratea but nothing yet. Also I looked up Hotel Santavenere and the rates that come up show1,500-$3,000 per night???Can this be true??Any help is appreciated--Thanks-Gene

2 Answers Jul 6, 2007 at 4:35 PM
    • Hotels in Old Town

by jazzymum Online Now Jan 3, 2007 at 8:47 PM

We are looking for accommodation in Maratea but with all the little communities it is difficult to get a good understanding of the area and how far apart things are. We want something atmospheric and not too expensive. The Old Town sounds like what we are after, but is it far from the beach? An apartment with two double bedrooms or a bed & breakfast would be great or a hotel (assuming not too expensive). All the websites I've found so far are for accomodation which appear to be quite some distance from the Old Town and/or requires a car. Do you have any suggestions?
      Regards

1 Answer Jan 5, 2007 at 3:15 AM
    • need info on area in general

by genebeans Online Now Jun 26, 2006 at 10:43 AM

Is there someone who is real familiar with the Maratea area. Are there restaurants in other than hotesl and is there a piazza in town with a few shops and restaurants. If not does any one know the closest decent size city near Maratea.Also is it easier to fly into Naples or Lamezia Terme in Calabria-How about the Santavenere hotel? Anyone know anything about that--Thanks for your help-Gene

1 Answer Jul 12, 2006 at 2:17 PM