Travel Answers
Manta

change location
  • apbeaches's Profile Photo

April's devastating earthquake

by apbeaches Online Now Jul 15, 2016 at 4:27 PM

We will be visiting December, 2016 and understand that there was a devastating earthquake in April 2016. How does Manta look now? Beaches clean? City safe? Is there anything special to see and do at this point?

1 Answer Jul 15, 2016 at 5:49 PM
  • WiFi in Manta

by AlannaC Online Now Nov 18, 2014 at 7:26 PM

What is the closest spot for cruise guests to connect to internet/wifi from the Manta cruise port?

1 Answer Nov 18, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Visiting coastal Manta, Ecuador in June

by apbeaches Online Now Mar 12, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Are bug bites a big problem? I would prefer not using deet and chemicals, is there a natural repellent? Garlic? Ginger? Should I plan on long sleeves in the evening? CDC recommends Malaria, typhoid & hepatitis A - any thoughts and ideas?

7 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Off the beaten path in Ecuador

by apbeaches Online Now Feb 15, 2014 at 8:40 AM

Flying into Guayaquil & traveling to Manta this June. Is there anything off the beaten path and I shouldn't miss?
    Thanks!

3 Answers Feb 15, 2014 at 5:37 PM
  • How far from Quito

by bangles Online Now Nov 8, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I will be on a cruise next year and list of ports say Quito (Manta). As this will be my first visit to this part of the world when I started a bit of research it seems the 2 places are about 10 travelling hours apart and as the ship is only in port for a total of 12 hours this does not seem correct. Are there 2 towns called Manta? Obviously on such a short visit I would like to see as much as possible in the time allowed and not spend the time travelling on a bus. Am I better just spending the time in Quito?

7 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 8:47 AM
  • RetireinEcuador's Profile Photo

Mirador San Jose

by RetireinEcuador Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Where exactly is this residential community I heard about in Canada located in Ecuador? Does anyone know more about this place? I looked at the website http://miradorsanjose.com but I could not find out any past history of this company or where they are located in Canada.

• Looking for place to say in Manta

by HEATHERARAINE Online Now Apr 22, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Hey everyone!
    Just wondering, i am finding it very difficult to find a place to rent in Manta. I see tons of places in cuenca and other spots but nothing here, Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 3:01 PM
  • Bus to Montecristi

by allatsea Online Now Oct 7, 2010 at 9:11 AM

We are hoping to get an ordinary bus from the port in Manta to Montecristi. Is this practical, are there regular buses, and where in Manta would we get the bus?

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Visits by cruise ship in November

by grandmaR Online Now Sep 16, 2008 at 6:43 AM

We are scheduled to do two stops in Manta on a cruise ship

Wednesday, Nov 19, 2008 6:00 am - 7:00 pm
    Thursday, Nov 27, 2008 9:00 am - 6:00 pm

We will also be in Guayaquil, Ecuador on November 26th where we are doing the Guayaquil City & Historical Park tour.

The only tour the ship lists for Manta is one that deals with the manufacture of Panama hats. Is that a worthwhile activity? Is there anything else I should try to see or do in Manta or nearby that would give us a good view of Ecuador?

1 Answer Sep 24, 2008 at 7:21 AM
  • hotels

by travel2005 Online Now Feb 24, 2005 at 10:11 AM

i am going to be staying in Manta for a few nights does any one know of any good hotels?
    thanks

1 Answer Feb 28, 2005 at 5:16 AM
  • Life in Manta

by Amom Online Now Jun 22, 2004 at 8:42 PM

What is appropriate wear in Manta? What should a teenager bring to wear?

3 Answers Oct 2, 2006 at 7:58 PM
  • Maillekeul's Profile Photo

Manta - Ecuador

by Maillekeul Online Now Apr 16, 2003 at 2:25 AM

Hello, people ! Could anyone tell me more about the city of Manta, in the Province of Manaibi (Ecuador) ? Thanks in advance.

4 Answers Dec 7, 2003 at 2:14 PM