VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Manokwari

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Currency exchange

Bali Jan 13, 2017 at 1:42 AM

Hi, should I exchange my GBP£ for Bali currency in the UK or should I wait until I get to Bali?
      THanks

more
    • hugobaur's Profile Photo

Guide in Banjarmasin

Banjarmasin Jan 7, 2017 at 12:15 PM

I shall visit Banjarmasin for a few days in early March 2017. Can you recommend a good guide to show me around and help with short tours in the area of South Kalimantan. Thank you!

more
    • adelinemmc's Profile Photo

7 hours layover in Jakarta airport

Jakarta Jan 8, 2017 at 9:47 AM

Hi. On my way back from hols near Sorong I will have about 7 hors before my flight. Even counting check in time for the second flight etc., it leaves me with 5 hours. Any idea of where to park myself? Is there any lounge, spa, even day hotel within the airport?
      Thanks

more
    • scotontour's Profile Photo

Seminyak or Sanur

Bali Jan 3, 2017 at 11:47 PM

If staying for two days before departing, which one would you prefer?

more
    • Last 4 nights Uluwatu or Lombok?

Bali Jan 5, 2017 at 7:28 AM

I am travelling to Bali for 14 nights in June and I am seeking advice on where to visit and for how long.

This is a loose plan so far however I am open to suggestions!

4 nights Seminyak
      3 Nights Ubud
      3 Nights Gili T
      4 Nights either Lombok with a day trip to Uluwatu during our stay in Seminyak or 3 nights in Uluwatu and an extra night in Gili T with day trip to Lombok.

In terms of what we are looking for on our trip, we are looking for a variety of things. We are a young couple and like going out and partying however we also want to do lots of cultural things as well and see some temples. We prefer to stay in five star hotels/villas and we have already chosen ones we like in Seminyak, Ubud and gili T.

Ideally we would like at least one destination on our trip to include nice white sand beaches however we are not big water sports people so that is not mandatory. We have decided against Nusa Dua though as we want to experience more of what Bali has to offer rather than stay in a 5 star resort the whole time.

I would also like to swim with turtles which I have heard you can do in Gili T and see some waterfalls which seem to be abundant on Lombok however I was wondering if this could be a day trip?

I want to visit all of the above at some point during the trip however I am undecided on whether to do a day trip to Lombok when in Gili T and stay in Uluwatu for 3 nights or to visit Uluwatu for a day trip while in Seminyak and then stick with Lombok for 4 nights. My main concerns are how few and expensive the nice resorts are in uluwatu are (I am finding it difficult to find the right accommodation in terms of price, availability and service level) while I have found this to be easier on the north side of Lombok I am concerned about the travelling time staying in Lombok will add on to the trip and that the nice beaches seem to be much further south far from the hotels in the north?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
      Lucy

more

Travel Route

Bali Dec 25, 2016 at 11:33 PM

I have a thought on travel route in Bali (7nghts) and would like the experienced members to comment on the pro & cons
      ....Go direct from airport to Sanur and stay for two nights (leaving one case in local storage)
      Then travel to Ubud for two nights
      Then travel up onwards over hills to Lavina or Pemuteran (recommended by lonely planet) for two nights
      Then take west coast road back and stay in Seminyak for one night before collecting case & departure

I am estimating travel time in car with driver, subject to traffic....are these correct?
      30mins from Sunur
      2.5 hrs from Ubud to Lavina
      3 hours from Pemuteran to Seminyak
      25mins Seminyak to Airport

I look forward to your comments

more

Is Lonely Planet Ebook worth buying?

Bali Dec 22, 2016 at 10:00 PM

Is lonely planet ebook on Bali worth buying and upto date?
      I head off in a few weeks and wanted to ask members if any had bought it and thought this ebook was a worth while addition for their trip?
      Will not go diving so don't need it on that front.
      &
      While writing can members advise if Sanur is worth a two or three day visit .....current thought is to perhaps head straight there from flight arrival as it should only take 25mins with roads being quiet late at night.

All thoughts welcome and appreciated

more
    • info re Manokwari area

by claytondianajean Online Now Apr 16, 2008 at 12:18 AM

Maybe going to this area in Sept 2008.
      Has anybody good tips on the Arfak Mountain area or the Cendrawasih Marine Park?
      And Nusi Island, off Nabire?
      Remote obviously but are they worth the time and cost to get there?

1 Answer May 14, 2008 at 1:01 AM