Mandello del Lario

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Cooking classes in Italy

Italy Nov 26, 2016 at 5:31 PM

We are planning a trip to Italy in early May. Can anyone recommend a one-day cooking class in Tuscany that would include shopping, cooking, eating...and, of course, wine?

more
    • Shopping hours

Siracusa Nov 13, 2016 at 2:00 AM

We will be in Siracusa next week and would like to do some clothes shopping. Can somebody please tell me what are the general opening hours for shops?

more
    • boats to Sorrento?

Naples Yesterday

Are there any boats (public or commercial) that cover the stretch from Naples to Sorrento?

more
    • Subaristas's Profile Photo

Using a public transport to get from Milan center to 'Museo Storico Alfa Romeo' in Arese.

Milan Dec 3, 2016 at 10:39 AM

Hello.

On Dec. 13-15d. I'm planning to visit Milan. One of the main museums I'd like to visit is Museo Storico Alfa Romeo in Arese region. According to giromilano.atm.it's journey planner, I should take the M1 metro and then at the nearby Rho rail station, I should catch a 561 line bus and then get off at the Via Aldo Moro street, with a few hundred metres left to reach my destination.

My question is: if I buy a 2-day ATM ticket (which cost 8.25 €), does it still mean it's valid around Arese area or is it only around Milan center (in other words: will I have to buy additional bus tickets to get there)?

Thanks in advance

more
    • station facilities

Arezzo Dec 2, 2016 at 4:32 AM

we will catch a train to Rome at 1pm on Easter Sunday 2017

is there a cafe and will it and other facilities be open?

thank you

more
    • Colosseum Tickets/Tour

Rome Nov 15, 2016 at 10:49 PM

Hi All,

I am hoping for a recommendation for a tour company to book with to take a tour of the Colosseum(inc underground and third ring)?

It seems the recommended "official" ticket website coopculture.it sells tickets online which are only valid until the 31st December- we would like to book for the 9th Jan.

Any suggestions??

Thanks in Advance

more
    • Romantic restaurant in Rome

Rome Nov 14, 2016 at 3:22 PM

Hello everybody.
      I will travel to Rome with my family next month. It is my first time in Rome, and I would like to find a really nice restaurant, not too expensive, to celebrate my birthday. Any suggestions will be wellcome.

Our hotel is near Teatro dellĀ“Opera.

Thanks in advance.

more
    • Need help planning itinerary to ischia and another area/ country

Ischia Porto Nov 27, 2016 at 4:20 PM

Traveling for 7 total days- looking to make my mother in laws wish come true to travel to ischia however realize not too much to do there so will put 3 days aside for there need another destination that would be convenient and worthwhile for another 2-3 days stay. Please advise will be traveling with total of 8 adults
      thank you so much!!
      Dana

more
    • Voyteck's Profile Photo

A traditional italian restaurant in the Old Town of Milan suitable for New Year's Eve Dinner for 2

Milan Nov 6, 2016 at 8:31 AM

Could someone possibly recommend a nice mid priced place to celebrate the last evening of 2016? We both love italian quisine, good wines and we would like to be close to the New Years celebrations. Thanks!

more
    • meeson's Profile Photo

bar opening times

Treviso 23 hours ago

Hi vt'ers

I am off to Treviso on the 29th December for new year and all the bars seem to say open for lunch 12 -3 then dinner 7 til late, does this mean that I will not be able to get a drink between 3 and 7 times and will the bars actually shut in the afternoon.

cheers in advance

more
    • colinsco's Profile Photo

On a budget

Italy Dec 2, 2016 at 9:03 AM

On a budget in Venice any tips??

more
    • sheriK9's Profile Photo

may 1 and train travel to and from civitavecchia

Rome Yesterday

will be in port in civitavecchia may 1. wanting to get to rome to tour on our own using the rick steves "heart of rome walk" as a guide. the best and least expensive option is for us to take the train in to rome and then use the metro and walking as a way to accomplish just a bit of sight seeing. my question: is using the train/ metro a viable option on this holiday day or should we spend way more money and use the ship's transport in to rome (which guarantees we will arrive back at the ship for departure). we will be in port for about 10 hrs and i realize it takes an hour or more to get in to the city from civitavecchia. opinions? we know most all the big tourist spots are closed this day.

more
    • CanadianOne's Profile Photo

Venice to Croatia

Venice Nov 21, 2016 at 9:41 AM

HI VT!

Whats the best way to get to Croatia from Venice and back.
      We only have a week in Venice, but would love to see Croatia for atleast 2 days.

thank you!

more
    • meeson's Profile Photo

spare days

Treviso Nov 12, 2016 at 8:16 AM

Hi
      I will be in Treviso over new year and flying back on the 6th January. I have plans up to the 2nd jan then nothing planes. What is there to do ? I have a good budget and maybe could go to other city for a couple of days maybe.
      thanks in advance vt'ers

more
    • Sicily Adventure

Sicilia Nov 27, 2016 at 11:31 AM

Have today booked a holiday in Taormina to celebrate our Golden Wedding. We have been to Italy plenty of times so know the mainland reasonably well but have never been to Sicily. We are both fit and active and prefer to use public transport rather than join organised groups. During our holiday (10 days ) what is considered to be a must see/do to get the most out of our time spent in Sicily.

Canolbarth (Wales)

more
    • diamond_skies's Profile Photo

Airport Shuttle from Bergamo Airport

Milan Nov 14, 2016 at 1:02 AM

We will be arriving in to Orio al Serio Airport and would like to take the airport shuttle in to Milan. I would like to book the tickets online but the website (Orio Shuttle) is asking for a time of departure. If our flight is delayed and we miss this time slot, does anyone know if we would be allowed on a later shuttle? If we wait until we land to buy a ticket, is it too risky that we may not get a seat?

Thanks in advance.

Jane

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Italy - Itinerary help

Naples Nov 9, 2016 at 5:41 AM

I have planned a 4 day trip to Naples and around and following is high level itinerary

Day 1: Reach Naples in night from London and stay here
      Day 2: Visit Naples and reach Sorrento in night and stay
      Day 3: Visit Positano, Amalfi and Ravello and return back to Sorrento for stay
      Day 4: Visit Pompei and then return to Naples to fly back

Please let know if this looks good. Day 2 - what are the key things to visit in Naples?
      We avoid public transportation and rent car mostly for convenience and cost, but wanted to take bus and train in this case considering the narrow mountain routes and traffic issues - any suggestions?
      I will travel with my wife and 2 daughters (aged 11 and 7) during 3 week of December. Any other tips and comments also welcome!

more
    • romalot's Profile Photo

Moto Guzzi

by romalot Online Now Jan 4, 2008 at 7:10 AM

I am looking for a reasonable priced hotel around this area,so i can get to the Moto Guzzi Museum, i need to be near public transport, i have noticed there is a hotel in Mandello called Grigna Hotel, it is on the via Statale, does anyone know of it, or can anyone suggest anything else. I will be going in May.
      Thanks Pat

2 Answers Jan 15, 2008 at 2:37 PM