Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• nikoskaps's Profile Photo

Where do backpacking /where use agents, 3 week trip central-NE Myanmar by bus/boat/trek (in my 50s)

Myanmar (Burma) 7 hours ago

Hi there!
      I plan a solo, almost backpacking, 3 week trip, next month, around central – northeast Myanmar, trying to minimize or even better :) exclude the travel agents (maybe not possible - nor wise!).
      My initial idea is to do a loop Bagan –Mandalay – Hsipaw – Inle lake and back to Yangon, by public transport, a bit of boat rides where it is interesting, some easy trekking to experience nature and local villages, while keeping budget costs low as possible, maybe 30-50 $/day?
      Could you please suggest a rough idea about where is it possible and effective cost/travel-wise, to do everything independently, and where it worth to use agents?
      I am in my 50s, still enjoying backpacking independent travel, as I’ve always been doing, and yet trying to cope with the difficulties that may occur. Luxuries are not my priority at all, but I’d enjoy some ease here and there, if it is cost / time / and travel-quality worthwhile. I hope, by this, I managed to communicate my complicated thought, well to you :) .
      I already started studying a couple of guidebooks, but it would hugely help to get a first guidance from you guys, so I focus my search and planning of the rest of the many details for this itinerary, to the right direction.
      Thank you in advance!
      Happy travels!!

• xaver's Profile Photo

Long neck women tribes

Myanmar (Burma) Oct 2, 2016 at 11:56 AM

Do you know if there are tours leaving from Bagan or Mandalay which include a visit to Kayan villages? As far as I could understand there are excursions but from Inle lake.

• Guest house/Hotel/Airbnb in Mandalay?

by tandjtravel Online Now Jan 29, 2016 at 10:29 AM

Looking for a place to stay in Mandalay that is in a good location to sites but not noisy - $30-$50 range for 2 people. CLEAN is important. Any suggestions?

2 Answers Jan 30, 2016 at 3:39 PM
    • Air Mandalay - Flights between Yangon and Mandalay

by tandjtravel Online Now Jan 26, 2016 at 7:18 PM

Hi, I'm trying to check flights to/from Yangon to Mandalay on air mandalay but it always comes up with "NO FLIGHTS" - I'm sure that this airline flies between these two cities doesn't it? Does anyone know the trick?

4 Answers Jan 28, 2016 at 5:05 PM
    • yangon to mandalay

by drbsinghania Online Now Apr 14, 2014 at 9:57 AM

hi ! would like to know about travelling from yangon to mandalay...i have a liking for train travel

4 Answers May 16, 2014 at 11:09 PM
    • Mandalay Airport Transit time

by luluf66 Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 4:01 AM

Hi, we have a 9.30 flight from Mandalay. We will have to fly from Pagan to Mandalay before. There is a flight arriving at 8.15 - I assume the airport is not so big, but would we have enough time for the transit? Thanks!

3 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 1:45 PM
    • Best time to visit Burma

by redhead415 Online Now Feb 22, 2012 at 12:36 PM

We are currently looking at two tours to Burma. One tour leaves October 13, 2012 through October 25, 2012. We were told this is the rainy season and not the best time to visit. There is another tour leaving October 31, 2012 through November 12, 2012. Is this a better time to tour? Does a few weeks make that much of a difference in the weather? Will it still rain in November? I am leaning toward the November dates, but the October tour is cheaper. What is the temperature like during both these dates? Will it be hot and humid? Will we need jackets in the mornings and evenings? The tour will include Yangon, Mandalay, Bagon and Inle Lake. Also, will we need to purchase Malaria pills?

10 Answers May 24, 2012 at 12:06 AM