change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• paddington28's Profile Photo

Helicopter flights

New York City Jan 2, 2017 at 7:50 AM

Looking at different deals for helicopter flights,am i better of booking in advancing,or do you think i can organise while i am there? Does anyone have any recomendations as well? Many thanks

more
    • airtrain and E line subway at rush hour

New York City Jan 2, 2017 at 8:06 AM

Our flight from London will arrive into JFK at 4pm. I'm assuming clearing immigration/customs/collecting bags etc will take about an hour or so, meaning we will be trying to leave the airport at rush hour. Our hotel is on 42nd street and only 2 mins walk from Port authority bus station on 42nd so I was planning on getting the airtrain to Jamaica and then getting on the E line subway to 42nd street. Does this sound like a bad idea at rush hour as we will also be travelling with suitcases? There's only 2 of us and I don't want to spend a fortune on transfers, and i'm also aware that the shared transfer vans (go airlink etc) don't have a good reputation, which is why i'm leaning more towards the airtrain/subway at the moment.

Any advice would be appreciated :-)

more
    • Keslauren's Profile Photo

Where to go for Christmas in New England or New York.

New York City Dec 26, 2016 at 12:16 PM

I'm looking at traveling to the US with my husband and 12 year old son next year around Christmas. Living in a warm climate, we wanted to experience a snowy Christmas with that traditional feel. We are not skiers but my son would love some snow type activities, skate on a lake and sled, toboggan, etc. We are looking at flying into NYC for a could of days and then driving either up through New England or New York for a few days. I'd love some suggestions of the best places to go to ensure my son is not bored but husband and I get to see some beautiful quaint Christmas towns. Plus also , the best place to stay on Christmas Eve and day (where there is snow around)? Thanks so much, this will most likely be a once in a lifetime trip for us.

more
    • paddington28's Profile Photo

Photography

New York City Jan 2, 2017 at 12:44 AM

As a keen photographer,i will be taking my big camera to New york in April.
      Just a few question,i wanted to get a photo looking towards the city at night, 1st place i had on my mind was brooklyn Bridge,looking towards the lights,if i went on there at night,is brooklyn bridge just as busy as the day time? as i would need my tripod,also from last time i remember there was a very very small park underneath the bridge,which i would also imagine give good photos looking across the water in to New York. Any ideas what the name of this park would be called? Many thanks.

more
    • effazainal's Profile Photo

Deciding between New York & London

New York City Dec 28, 2016 at 6:53 PM

Good day Vters,
      I need suggestions on deciding between New York & Europe( London,Berlin,Amsterdam & Paris) for my honeymoon.
      We are planning a honeymoon on a budget to challenge ourselves (me especially) by settling for "a lil less luxury" than our norm holidays 

Looking to travel: late January
      Duration: approx 10days
      About us: Newly wed couple looking for adventure at a budget.
      Asian Muslims, loves art,design & fashion.

We have never been to New York City and would love to explore but I am alil concern about the safety of being a Muslim , wearing a headscarf after the recent "scare" . I do read about how amazing NYC is and Muslims are pretty well getting by. Would appreciate honest advice from Newyorkers or travelers whom have just return from their trip to New York 

Questions:

1) Where are the places that I can easily get halal food and where are the recommended accommodations?
      We are open to Airbnb , cool hostels with private room or 2-4* hotels.
      2)What are the form of transportations that we can get by for travelers? Any discounts cards or etc?
      3) where are the places we should check out to make our New York trip unforgettable? we are fine with touristy attractions but more willing to explore like locals☺️
      4) any freelance tour guide who shared similar interest in art,fashion & music to bring us around?
      5) recommended free art n fashion galleries ? Or free fashion shows?
      6) shopping outlets for sample sales and to grab cheap souvenirs for our loved ones?
      7) will it be viable for us to make a quick trip to maybe LA or San Fran within the days?
      8) lastly, any recommended budget airline or any form of transportation that we can take to either LA or San Franc for a quick trip?

Thank you so much!

more