Malta

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Simons apartment Mons G Depiro

Sliema Nov 13, 2016 at 11:03 AM

Are there any supermarkets and restaurants within walking distance? Thanks.

3 Answers Nov 15, 2016 at 10:06 AM
    • Dramaqueen2's Profile Photo

Student Storage Facility

Malta Nov 2, 2016 at 7:03 AM

Hi, I wonder if anyone could help. My daughter is studying at Malta University. We are from the UK. Do you know of a facility whereby we could store her belongings during summer recess when she returns to the UK?
      Thank you in advance

2 Answers Nov 2, 2016 at 12:48 PM
    • One morning and one afternoon in Malta

Malta Oct 24, 2016 at 8:41 AM

Hello everyone. I will be coming to Malta for a conference and it seems that I will have one morning free (from 9am-1pm) and one afternoon (after 4pm). I will be staying in Valetta.

Do you believe there is any point of trying to visit Mdina (by bus) during the morning and seeing Valetta in the afternoon? It seems to take around 30' by bus to get from Valetta to Mdina, so that leaves around 2,5 h to explore the town. Is it enough to see the main attractions or should I not even bother and leave for another time (if any)?

And one more thing: any good tips on budget restaurants at Valetta (or at Il--Furjana etc)?
      Thank you all!

5 Answers Oct 28, 2016 at 2:41 PM
    • DariaPiasenti's Profile Photo

Best place to stay

Malta Sep 22, 2016 at 9:35 AM

I am visiting Malta on next November for 4 nights, which do you think is the best area to stay?
      I would use public transport and so I need to be well based fro that. Also I would love a bit of night life.
      Wondering about a day trip to Gozo too.
      If have any highlights about what I should not miss, it will be a great help.
      Thank you!

6 Answers Sep 25, 2016 at 10:28 AM
    • DariaPiasenti's Profile Photo

Is it November still a good time of the year to visit Malta?

Malta Sep 20, 2016 at 5:57 AM

Hi everyone! Wanna take a 4 days off next November. I was wondering about going to Malta,that seems to be perfect destination for is trip: I would be solo travel and I'm looking for relax and chill, I would love to find myself into an island atmosphere rather than a big city life this time. In particular, I love sea, sunset, natural landscapes, port and fishing village. I am not really too worried about laying on the beach ( that of course I love , but do not expect it in November) Yes, some nightlife is appreciated. I am a bit concerned about weather: do you think November will still make the trip worth? Or should I save Malta as destination maybe for next summer? If coming next November, which would be best places to go and activities to do? Thank you so much in advance Happy travel Dadi

9 Answers Sep 21, 2016 at 10:59 AM
    • upnorthin88's Profile Photo

Transport In Gozo??

Gozo Aug 10, 2016 at 10:07 AM

I know this is probably a long shot and most definitely my last chance. Would anyone know where i could hire any mode of transport for a couple of days from tomorrow 10th Aug or 11th Aug. I have tried many hire places and people that I know and have met along the way over the past week but to no avail!! Any kind of being pointed in the right direction would be much appreciated.

2 Answers Aug 10, 2016 at 12:20 PM
    • From Malta to Sicily

Malta Aug 10, 2016 at 7:06 AM

Hello fellow VT!

I will be in Malta later this month for one full week. I was thinking of hopping over to Sicily for a day trip if it's actually feasible. Would you happen to know how I can get to Sicily from Malta and how much approximately this would cost?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions :-)

Cheers,

TravellingCA

3 Answers Aug 11, 2016 at 12:36 AM
    • alisononthego's Profile Photo

Two days in Valletta on cruise ship

Valletta Jul 31, 2016 at 8:56 AM

Hello, we have two days in the port of Valletta on 5/6th October 2016. We would like to see as much of the island as possible. Could anyone tell us if there are bus tours that to a complete tour or partial tour of the best sights please? Also, is it worth making the trip to Gozo or any other islands? What about in the evening, where would you suggest for somewhere lively and interesting? May thanks in advance

6 Answers Aug 2, 2016 at 12:58 AM
    • St Julians nightlife, in September

Malta Jul 22, 2016 at 12:19 AM

Hello everyone,

I would like to go in St-Julians the first week of septembre. From Sunday to Tuesday.
      I would like to know, if at these days, there is a lot of tourist or if the city is calm, because i want to come here to do parties and if there is not a lot of people i would chose an other place.

Thanks for you responses.

Loïc

4 Answers Jul 22, 2016 at 6:32 AM
    • Artist/singer

Malta Jun 22, 2016 at 8:37 AM

Hi there. I'm a singer/artist from
      barcelona and i'm travelling to Malta in july. I'm searching for musicians, artists, special places like live music or folklore to know. Anyone can help me? Thanks!

• 19 Corner Street, San Lawrenz, Gozo

Gozo Jun 22, 2016 at 5:28 AM

Hi, 24 years ago I had my honeymoon in a beautiful farmhouse in San Lawrenz. Its address was 19 Corner Street, Marked on the attached photo.

I have been trying to find if it is still available to let for quite some time, but usual internet searches are not showing me this particular property. Looking on google maps/earth it does look a bit neglected now. I know there are lots of other lovely properties available, but would love to know if anyone knows whatever happend to this place.

• the_dutchman's Profile Photo

How to spend a week in Malta

Malta Jun 21, 2016 at 3:06 PM

My wife and I will be visiting Malta in late September or early October. We will likely spend a week there. What could we do to fill our time once there?
      Gerry the Dutchman, thanks for your help.

5 Answers Jun 23, 2016 at 7:01 AM
    • hikerroeland's Profile Photo

who can help

Malta Jun 2, 2016 at 9:30 AM

Hi. We will be in Mellieha ( Adenau)10 full days. We are tinking of buying a 7 day bus card. I would like to go to

1) Vallette
      2) Mdina &Rabat
      3) Gozo
      4) Marsoxlokk
      5) The Three Cities

..Question.. Can I take a public bus and should I take a public bus? Numbers? What stop do I get off ?
      I am bad at orientation..thus the questions! OR would I be better off to take the Hop On Off bus that goes to all these places for my own peace of mind?? Do advise!Many thanks!

4 Answers Jun 19, 2016 at 2:16 AM
    • jcourtnellsmith's Profile Photo

Old couple first visit

Malta May 31, 2016 at 3:17 AM

Couple in 70s, like paddling in shallow water. Don't walk far. Which is the best resort for a quiet couple looking for a relaxing week early August.

2 Answers Jun 6, 2016 at 12:13 AM
    • shinezy's Profile Photo

Meeting new friends

Valletta May 11, 2016 at 5:19 PM

Good day,
      My friend and I will be visiting Valetta from 23/10/2016 to 28/10/2016 for our company conference, We will have some free time at our disposal during our stay here and would like to meet with locals as we are interested to know and learn about the Maltese culture. I have visited Valetta for 1 day, at the end of March this year during my cruise on MSC Preziosa and fell in love with the place. It is absolutely beautiful. We are both single females, cultured, educated and would prefer to meet with matured people who would be interested to meet with us and teach us the locals way of life. We will pay our own expenses . We will be staying at the Westin Dragonara Resort. I think it is in a area called St. Julian's. Thank you

3 Answers May 30, 2016 at 3:37 AM
    • InaLsk's Profile Photo

Extreme sports in Malta

Malta Apr 17, 2016 at 9:18 AM

I like extreme sports like skydiving and also watersports. Any suggestion for doing something extreme in Malta(May 2016)? and the prices?

Thank you!

1 Answer Apr 17, 2016 at 12:04 PM
    • ChelleMo's Profile Photo

price for eating out?

Malta Apr 14, 2016 at 12:08 AM

typical prices for eating out?

9 Answers Apr 17, 2016 at 9:20 PM
    • InaLsk's Profile Photo

Transportation for exploring the Malta ,Gozo and Korino

Malta Apr 12, 2016 at 7:09 AM

Hello,
      I want to come to Malta on 26/5-31/5 with my boyfriend. We would like to see as many places we can into Malta ,Gozo and Korino. I heard that renting a scooter is a bad idea. Also renting a car would be difficult.
      Is it easy with the local transportation to explore it? and go to Gozo and Korino as well? Or do we have to rent ?
      And how much does it cost to rent a scooter or a car? Any good link for economic choices?

Thank you.

4 Answers Apr 14, 2016 at 9:00 AM
    • Hotel/ Apartments for groups

Malta Mar 9, 2016 at 2:27 PM

I am going on holiday in June 2016 with a few mates. 3 of us in total, all male under 21

Wondering if there are any good apartments/ hotels for us. We don't want to disturb any other guests when we get in at 4am drunk

thanks in advance

4 Answers Mar 10, 2016 at 11:28 AM
    • songlines's Profile Photo

Need we bring warm clothing?

Malta Mar 4, 2016 at 4:35 AM

We will be staying in an apartment in Marsaxlokk from middle of March to middle of April. What with climate change and all that I am really wondering what to pack clothes wise? Will real winter clothing still be necessary I wonder?
      Many thanks,
      Songlines

10 Answers Mar 5, 2016 at 8:14 AM
    • Where to buy weekly bus ticket

Malta Mar 3, 2016 at 4:18 PM

Can anyone tell me if I will be able to buy a weekly bus ticket in the Raddison Blu hotel Golden Sands, or if not on the bus at the bus stop outside Raddison hotel ?

5 Answers Oct 21, 2016 at 3:41 AM
    • Buses from Raddison Blu Hotel Golden Bay

Malta Feb 28, 2016 at 10:45 AM

Can anyone tell me if I can get buses from directly outside the Raddison Blu Hotel in Golden Bay which will take me to and from The ferry to Gozo; Bugibba and Mellieha ?

2 Answers Feb 28, 2016 at 11:42 AM
    • shinezy's Profile Photo

Shopping in Valetta, Malta

Valletta Feb 15, 2016 at 2:36 PM

Hi everyone,
      Any shopping malls in Valetta, Malta or where would be the best area to do some
      shopping?
      Thanks.

5 Answers May 11, 2016 at 5:36 PM
    • MalenaN's Profile Photo

How long from airport to Cirkewwa

Malta Jan 9, 2016 at 1:12 AM

I have found the time table for bus X1 running between the Airport and Cirkewwa. The time table has only got departure times, not arrival times. Approximately, how long does it take to go from the Airport to Cirkewwa?

6 Answers Jan 9, 2016 at 10:02 AM
    • LudovicaA's Profile Photo

new year's eve

Malta Dec 29, 2015 at 12:58 PM

Hi everybody! :) I am spending a week in Malta with my family and I would like to find somewhere to party and celebrate the new year with my brother and a friend, do you have any suggestion of some cool place in the island? I really have no idea! Thanks

3 Answers Dec 30, 2015 at 6:45 AM
    • oromer's Profile Photo

5 Days in malta

Malta Dec 25, 2015 at 1:57 AM

We are a couple 60+, will visit Malta from Dec. 29 in the morning to January 3 also in the morning. Staying in Intercontinental Hotel in St. Julians.
      Will appreciate recomendations about what to do, to see, where to eat, local tours, New Year's Eve celebrations (we saw about the Gala Dinner in Ta'Marija restaurant, do it wort €75?), transport, etc.
      Thanks for any help/

7 Answers Dec 28, 2015 at 2:03 PM
    • Where in Malta should a first-timer stay?

Malta Dec 18, 2015 at 11:33 AM

Hello. I am a new guy on VT, and need advice. I am tempted to buy my wife a short trip to Malta for Christmas as a surprise. She loved Santorini a couple years ago. Malta has lots of different areas which sound interesting. We will probably travel in late February or early March. IF you were to advise someone for a first-time short vacation in Malta, where would you recommend staying as our home base? Thank you.

12 Answers Dec 23, 2015 at 2:43 AM
    • Paola Market

Paola Dec 17, 2015 at 10:46 PM

I read somewhere that there is a Market in Paola on a Friday morning. Is this still the case and where would I find it.
      Thanks!

4 Answers Dec 19, 2015 at 1:51 AM
    • TatyanaA's Profile Photo

Malta before Christmas

Malta Nov 28, 2015 at 10:37 AM

I'm coming for 4 days and shall be staying in St. Paul's Bay. We'd like to visit Gozo for a day. I'm looking for some tips to make this day more successful, so maybe anybody can help me with logistics - I'm hearing a lot of bad reviews about unreliable and slow buses there and all over Malta
      The other question concerns Christmas celebrations - any recommendations what to visit? Markets, concerts, etc...

12 Answers Dec 6, 2015 at 3:59 AM
    • 11dana's Profile Photo

travel to sicily

Sliema Nov 13, 2015 at 3:42 AM

go &return a day trip from malta to sicily,between15-20 nov,possible?

1 Answer Nov 13, 2015 at 3:53 AM