Travel Answers
Male Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Poling's Profile Photo

Where to find a comprehensive ferry schedule?

Maldives Nov 25, 2016 at 8:04 PM

I will arrive at 9am, guess very unlikely to catch the ferry to the most popular resident island Maafushi at 10am from the airport. I haven't decided upon which resident island to stay and thus I wonder if there is a comprehensive ferry schedule for all ferries leaving Mele? May be I can choose an island that I don't need to wait too long at Mele?

any suggestions on the island to stay and the ferry schedule? Many thanks!

more
    • Poling's Profile Photo

Maldives inter-island transfer (late evening and Friday)

Maldives Nov 15, 2016 at 1:02 AM

I know that Friday is holiday and with very limited transportation. My initial plan is to arrive on a Monday (around 8:30pm) and leave on Friday (around 9:30pm).
      1. Is it possible to get to the island (haven't decide which one yet but would definitely not those with expensive one-island-one-hotel) when I arrive that late (i.e., 8:30pm)? There is another early morning flight but I am on waiting list.
      2. Do I need to change my schedule to avoid leaving on Friday as there may not be public ferry to Male'?
      Hope to get advice soon as I need to confirm the flights. Thanks!

more
    • ACCOMMODATION

by vkmurthy77 Online Now Aug 17, 2016 at 8:12 AM

JUST FOR A TRANSIT NIGHT TO CATCH THE CRUISE WHICH IS THE CHEAPEST ACCOMMMODATION
      AVAILABLE CLOSE TO PORT

1 Answer Aug 18, 2016 at 2:27 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Is it safe to walk in Male'? Traffic conditions in Male'

by Chyan Online Now Aug 2, 2016 at 3:02 PM

Is it safe to walk in Male' across the 2 km island, under the condition of traffic jams? Will the narrow roads of Male' allow a tourist to bring along a trolley luggage? Or is backpack preferred? Is it true that traffic jams in Male' last for hours from Orchid Magu to Alimas Carnival from morning to afternoon or only during peak hours before 8 am and after 4 pm?

Flyme Villa Air at Orchid Magu opens only at 9 am. As i wake up three hours before Male' time is it advisable to walk to Sultan Park from Lvis Boutique Hotel if i leave the hotel at 7.30 am Male' time or grab a taxi?

8 Answers Aug 9, 2016 at 3:31 PM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

How to reach the Seaplane Terminal of Male' Airport?

by Chyan Online Now Jul 30, 2016 at 9:58 PM

Hi, Male' VT,

May i know whether there is a free airport shuttle service from the International Terminal of Male' Airport to the Seaplane Terminal?

Chyan

5 Answers Aug 2, 2016 at 8:40 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Has anyone paid online using Maldives Payment Gateway?

by Chyan Online Now Jul 24, 2016 at 3:20 PM

Has anyone outside the Maldives ever paid online using Maldives Payment Gateway? Is it a reliable payment gateway?

• Chyan's Profile Photo

Will Male flood when there is a shower in the morning?

by Chyan Online Now Jul 23, 2016 at 6:06 PM

Since the Maldives is in the risk of disappearing under rise of sea levels, will Male easily flood when there is a shower in the morning?

7 Answers Jul 24, 2016 at 3:17 PM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Is there always ferry congestion at the jetty?

by Chyan Online Now Jul 22, 2016 at 3:08 AM

Hi, i wish to know when travel by ferry from Male' airport jetty to Male' jetty is there congestion and long queues? I only have less than 2 days in Male and Hulhumale.

2 Answers Jul 22, 2016 at 5:33 AM
    • busses in Male

by baudje Online Now Jul 11, 2016 at 8:58 AM

Hello - is there a public bus network operational in Malé? I have seen information that the male city buses went live in 2011, but no confirmation that these are still operational.

6 Answers Jul 30, 2016 at 5:47 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Transportation in Male and Hulhulmale

by Chyan Online Now Jul 2, 2016 at 12:46 AM

Are there many taxis in Male and Hulhulmale? Is it easy to hail one on both islands for tourists? I believe there are no public buses there. Is land transportation expensive there?

4 Answers Jul 13, 2016 at 3:02 PM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Currency in Maldives

by Chyan Online Now Jul 2, 2016 at 12:44 AM

Do Maldives require tourists to pay in their currency or US Dollars? Do they require clean and crisp US Dollar notes?

4 Answers Jul 2, 2016 at 9:27 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Vegetarian restaurants in Maldives

by Chyan Online Now Jul 2, 2016 at 12:42 AM

Are vegetarian restaurants scattered throughout the atolls of the Maldives? Or are they located in Hulhulmale and Male? Are inter-atoll ferry travels cheap in the Maldives?

3 Answers Jul 2, 2016 at 9:28 AM
    • Things to do in Hullumale

by MazzyA Online Now Nov 28, 2014 at 1:26 AM

can any budy Suggest me things to do in hullumale maldives

• artificial flower shopping

by patne.sanjay Online Now Nov 2, 2014 at 4:14 AM

how to buy online ,artificial flowers which i did liked on my earlier tour of Male at paradise island

1 Answer Nov 2, 2014 at 9:04 AM
    • Ferry Service

by sadannak Online Now Aug 10, 2014 at 1:22 AM

Is there any timing for the Ferry from Male to other Islands. Well when is the last ferry to the Islands? Many Thanks.

2 Answers Aug 10, 2014 at 4:24 AM
    • liquor in Maldives

by RakeshM Online Now Jun 30, 2014 at 5:51 AM

Is liquor easily available in Maldives

4 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 8:51 AM
    • reaching naifaru

by Ashokmale Online Now Feb 14, 2014 at 9:08 AM

How to book my boat ticket to naifaru island?
      when does it available?at what time?

1 Answer Feb 14, 2014 at 9:32 AM
    • Internal Transfers from One Island to another

by wilval76 Online Now Jan 25, 2014 at 11:10 PM

I was just wondering if there is any possiblilty of getting transferred from One Island to another as I am staying 2 nights on Bandos and 2 nights on paradise

2 Answers Jan 26, 2014 at 12:34 PM
    • Decent beech in male city

by tocsjoshi Online Now Jan 14, 2014 at 11:52 PM

I want to spend two nights in male before moving to a resort. I liked Octave hotel to stay as it has a kitchen. Is there any public decent beech where snorkeling, banana boats, and other water sports are avaialble and it beech is accessible easily from octave hotel.

5 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 8:06 AM
    • PiagetWong's Profile Photo

Cheaper transfer to Gangehi Resort?

by PiagetWong Online Now Jan 4, 2014 at 6:09 AM

Hi experienced travellers, it is my first time travelling to Maldives, and didn't know that there is a hefty seaplane transfer from the airport to the hotel (USD420/pax) after I completed the transaction. Is there any cheaper option, like Express Ferry or etc? Thanks in advance.

4 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 7:43 PM
    • AnnyF1's Profile Photo

Can you please let me about Maafushi,

by AnnyF1 Online Now Sep 26, 2013 at 5:12 PM

1. How I can travel from airport to Maafushi & how much it will cost.
      2. Is Maafushi is good place to stay.

1 Answer Sep 26, 2013 at 5:52 PM
    • AnnyF1's Profile Photo

Where to stay in Maldive

by AnnyF1 Online Now Sep 26, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Where to stay in Maldive

4 Answers Aug 14, 2014 at 4:02 PM
    • Need Suggestion

by sueequah Online Now Sep 22, 2013 at 10:32 PM

I will go to Maldives coming October.. so i need to know some experience and some transportation.. anybody can help or suggest on this? as what i and my bf plan.. we planned to stay at Male City once we reach there for 3 days 2 nights at the budget and comfortable hotel.. then planned to move to one nice and relaxing island which not cost too much as well for 3 days 2 nights then back again to hotel near airport for one night cause as what i searched from friday no ferry to back to airport from island.. i hope to hear from you all who experience all this before and thanks for the help and suggestion.

2 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 1:59 PM
    • need location

by deepu1119 Online Now Aug 22, 2013 at 3:40 AM

Where is AMDC airport clinic (ibrahimnasir intl.airport) located in maldives
      could anyone plz send me the location
      Thankyou

1 Answer Aug 22, 2013 at 3:57 AM
    • need location

by deepu1119 Online Now Aug 22, 2013 at 3:40 AM

Where is AMDC airport clinic (ibrahimnasir intl.airport) located in maldives
      could anyone plz send me the location
      Thankyou

1 Answer Aug 22, 2013 at 4:04 AM
    • cabs from the airport

by tracylee11 Online Now Aug 2, 2013 at 9:27 AM

hi there. we arrive at male airport at 1am. will there be a cab available at that time to take us to our hotel, which is only a few kms from the airport, on the same island.and what would we expect to pay?

3 Answers Aug 2, 2013 at 11:52 PM
    • accomodation regarding

by deepu1119 Online Now Jun 22, 2013 at 1:49 AM

im gonna start my work as a medical officer in AMDC airport clinic(ibrahim nasir airport) soon... which is the best place for me to stay? and i would like to know regarding transportation facilities..
      plz reply
      thankyou
      sandeep

1 Answer Jul 6, 2013 at 10:07 PM
    • Dres's Profile Photo

All Inclusive Resort near Male.

by Dres Online Now Jun 18, 2013 at 12:43 AM

I´m looking for an all inclusive resort near Male that offers airport transfers. I know the resorts are expensive -but I´m on a budget. A would appreciate any other tips you can give me. We don´t dive -just snorkel. Thanks, Dres

3 Answers Jun 18, 2013 at 6:12 AM
    • DIY on the island

by Lboris Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 6:59 AM

We are visiting the island as a port stop for 1.5 days next Jan. 2014. Is the island and nearby surrounding doable on your own? If not, is public transit reliable and avail? Thank you for all input/suggestions

3 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 8:40 AM
    • Safety standards on the islands

by kitty66 Online Now Mar 5, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Hi there
      can anyone advise what safety standards exist for bathroom fittings in the maldives etc safety glass? Do they conform to British Safety Standards or do they have there own safety standards?
      Any help would be much appreciated

1 Answer Mar 11, 2013 at 8:41 AM
    • homa's Profile Photo

Transportation to Kandooma from Male

by homa Online Now Oct 9, 2011 at 8:20 AM

Hi VT-Members and Experts,

I'm going to Maldives around Nov. this year and will stay at Holiday Inn Kandooma. I would like to ask whether there are other methods to get to the resort by myself? Since the resort-staff quotes me a price of USD183/person for the airport to resort transfer!
      Besides, my arrival time will be at about 2000 O'clock. Is that possible?

Thank you in advance!!
      Happy travelling!

Aaron

2 Answers Oct 9, 2011 at 12:39 PM
    • petertktan's Profile Photo

Male

by petertktan Online Now Jan 11, 2011 at 7:51 PM

HI,

I will be in Male for 2 days. Can someone advise me which ferry service I can take to have a small excursion to a neigbouring island? Where is a good place to go to spend a few hours away from Male? Any tips on good restaurants besides Trends in Anundhura Palace? Thanks.

2 Answers Jan 25, 2011 at 2:13 AM