Popular Maldives Travel Answer Locations

• can i snorkel there if i am not a swimmer

Maldives 9 hours ago

can i snorkel there if i am not a swimmer

7 Answers 3 hours ago
    • shinjukugarden's Profile Photo

Short-term luxury cruises (1-3 nights)

Maldives Oct 6, 2016 at 1:41 AM

Can anyone recommend a company which does short-term snorkeling/diving cruises around the Maldives, with proper yachts? I know there are a few listed in, but they are all more than one week.

2 Answers Oct 6, 2016 at 3:28 PM
    • Slovenian_girl's Profile Photo

What to do / see on Maldives

Maldives Sep 29, 2016 at 4:13 PM

Hello everybody! I am flying to Sri Lanka next month and I am planning to combine this journey with Maldives. Any suggestions, how long should I stay there, where to sleep, eat, what to do, etc.? I would prefer some low-budget options.

Thank you very much!!

9 Answers Oct 2, 2016 at 8:13 AM
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

What time of Year and which island ?

Maldives Sep 16, 2016 at 4:54 AM

I am planning to go to the Maldives in 2017 but wonder are there any seasons to avoid, and what months are the cheapest for flights from the UK ?

So many islands to visit is there one which is far from the madding crowd or are they all equally as wonderful ?

2 Answers Sep 16, 2016 at 7:40 AM

Male Island Aug 17, 2016 at 8:12 AM

1 Answer Aug 18, 2016 at 2:27 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Is it safe to walk in Male'? Traffic conditions in Male'

Male Island Aug 2, 2016 at 3:02 PM

Is it safe to walk in Male' across the 2 km island, under the condition of traffic jams? Will the narrow roads of Male' allow a tourist to bring along a trolley luggage? Or is backpack preferred? Is it true that traffic jams in Male' last for hours from Orchid Magu to Alimas Carnival from morning to afternoon or only during peak hours before 8 am and after 4 pm?

Flyme Villa Air at Orchid Magu opens only at 9 am. As i wake up three hours before Male' time is it advisable to walk to Sultan Park from Lvis Boutique Hotel if i leave the hotel at 7.30 am Male' time or grab a taxi?

8 Answers Aug 9, 2016 at 3:31 PM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

How to reach the Seaplane Terminal of Male' Airport?

Male Island Jul 30, 2016 at 9:58 PM

Hi, Male' VT,

May i know whether there is a free airport shuttle service from the International Terminal of Male' Airport to the Seaplane Terminal?

5 Answers Aug 2, 2016 at 8:40 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Has anyone paid online using Maldives Payment Gateway?

Male Island Jul 24, 2016 at 3:20 PM

Has anyone outside the Maldives ever paid online using Maldives Payment Gateway? Is it a reliable payment gateway?

• Chyan's Profile Photo

Will Male flood when there is a shower in the morning?

Male Island Jul 23, 2016 at 6:06 PM

Since the Maldives is in the risk of disappearing under rise of sea levels, will Male easily flood when there is a shower in the morning?

7 Answers Jul 24, 2016 at 3:17 PM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Is there always ferry congestion at the jetty?

Male Island Jul 22, 2016 at 3:08 AM

Hi, i wish to know when travel by ferry from Male' airport jetty to Male' jetty is there congestion and long queues? I only have less than 2 days in Male and Hulhumale.

2 Answers Jul 22, 2016 at 5:33 AM
    • busses in Male

Male Island Jul 11, 2016 at 8:58 AM

Hello - is there a public bus network operational in Malé? I have seen information that the male city buses went live in 2011, but no confirmation that these are still operational.

6 Answers Jul 30, 2016 at 5:47 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Transportation in Male and Hulhulmale

Male Island Jul 2, 2016 at 12:46 AM

Are there many taxis in Male and Hulhulmale? Is it easy to hail one on both islands for tourists? I believe there are no public buses there. Is land transportation expensive there?

4 Answers Jul 13, 2016 at 3:02 PM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Currency in Maldives

Male Island Jul 2, 2016 at 12:44 AM

Do Maldives require tourists to pay in their currency or US Dollars? Do they require clean and crisp US Dollar notes?

4 Answers Jul 2, 2016 at 9:27 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Vegetarian restaurants in Maldives

Male Island Jul 2, 2016 at 12:42 AM

Are vegetarian restaurants scattered throughout the atolls of the Maldives? Or are they located in Hulhulmale and Male? Are inter-atoll ferry travels cheap in the Maldives?

3 Answers Jul 2, 2016 at 9:28 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Question about Maldivian dishes

Maldives Jul 1, 2016 at 6:37 AM

As a vegetarian, i want to know whether there are vegetarian food courts or vegetarian restaurants in Maldives. I learnt that Maldivian dishes are fish-based. So are there vegetables to be eaten? I also can't eat curries that are too hot.

4 Answers Jul 1, 2016 at 8:36 PM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Is December still rainy season in the Maldives?

Maldives Jun 29, 2016 at 3:39 PM

Is December still rainy season in the Maldives? Is it advisable to change flight to January in order to avoid the floods in the Maldives? It is forecast La Nina will return in the final quarter of this year.

2 Answers Jun 29, 2016 at 6:59 PM
    • Maldives Exclusive Travel Agency

Maldives May 17, 2016 at 8:57 PM

Hi, has anyone use Maldives exclusive Travel agency?

They are offering me a very good deal, but I haven't found much information on them. They require 30% deposit to confirm the booking and all payment has to be paid 30 days prior to arrival date, then I want to know if they are safe to book with. I'm going to Maldives on this July. They are always very responsive to emails.
      If anyone has used this company, or knows someone that had experience with them, please let me know.

Thank you very much!

• Chyan's Profile Photo

Is it advisable to travel in Male in July?

Maldives Apr 28, 2016 at 9:17 PM

Hi, I want to know whether it is advisable to travel in Male, the Maldives in July. I just booked return ticket for less than 300 Singapore Dollars with Tigerair. Not staying more than one night as Male is smaller than Singapore and I have no money to pay for a resort stay for more than one night. I hope there is no heavy rain and no flooding during this month. There is still plenty of sunshine on each day, right?

12 Answers May 2, 2016 at 5:37 PM
    • GabiLeft's Profile Photo

Maldives Mar 19, 2016 at 12:27 PM

DECEMBER HOLIDAY IN MALDIVES 5-13 .We want to travel PERSONS IN THIS PERIOD OF MALDIVES ! I'm single and I would like to find people who want to travel FRIENDS IN THIS PERIOD IN THIS PLACE !

5 Answers Mar 26, 2016 at 10:54 AM
    • veg food available?

Maldives Mar 19, 2016 at 2:15 AM

in Maldives maafushi island veg food available?/

with child any activity to do on island?

2 Answers Mar 26, 2016 at 11:03 AM
    • May-July - Which is best?

Maldives Mar 17, 2016 at 4:50 AM

Hi All,

We are thinking of visiting the Maldives between May-July 2017 for 2 weeks and appreciate this is "rainy season". We were provisionally thinking 1st May 2017. Just looking at all the climate charts it appears May has the most rain and most rainy days on average.

Anyone got any views on which is the best on average?

Many thanks

3 Answers Mar 17, 2016 at 9:19 AM
    • emmajon's Profile Photo

Turkish Airlines?

Maldives Jan 31, 2016 at 4:28 PM

Hi, me and my bf are planning to visit Maldives next month. Apparently, Turkish Airlines has the best price but it has 13 hours of layover in Istanbul. We learnt that they give a free tour of Istanbul if you have more than 10 hours layover which confused us very much. I heard good things about Turkish Airlines before like good food and comfy seats but still can't decide because of the layover time. What do you think? Thank you!

6 Answers Feb 1, 2016 at 1:17 PM
    • soft drinks

Maldives Jan 27, 2016 at 1:05 PM

Are there any place to buy cheap soft drinks before entering sea planes to resorts?

1 Answer Jan 27, 2016 at 8:38 PM
    • Exclusive maldivian experience

Maldives Dec 29, 2015 at 5:49 AM

we r planning to visit maldives in febraury...
      so can anyone suggest activities which v can do in maldives which are not found in another places like mauritius, andaman,bali.
      we have done parasailing, water sports in anadaman.

2 Answers Jan 19, 2016 at 8:17 PM
    • Inter Island Transfers

Maldives Dec 28, 2015 at 7:53 AM

I will be staying at Vilamendhoo Island Resort and am wanting to go to Ittha Undersea Restaurant at Conrad Resort.
      It is in the same group of islands, just not sure if they do sea taxis?? Any rough ideas of price??
      Thank you.

3 Answers Dec 29, 2015 at 1:54 AM
    • Taking Christmas presents

Maldives Dec 17, 2015 at 7:52 AM

Our intention is to bring out Christmas presents from our family on our forthcoming holiday - someone says that we will be hit with custom duty at Male airport is this true

2 Answers Dec 17, 2015 at 1:22 PM
    • Public ferry 23.12.?

Maldives Dec 11, 2015 at 7:24 AM

Hello guys,
      I would like to ask you if public ferry from Male to Dhiffushi is working on 23.12. I am not sure, but I think it is public holiday in Maldives and I do not know if any ferry works.

Thank you in advance.

2 Answers Dec 11, 2015 at 10:43 AM
    • Any Dress Code for Christmas eve gala Dinner

Maldives Dec 8, 2015 at 12:28 PM

We are going to be @ Paradise Island resort on Christmas Eve and there will be a Gala Dinner. Is there a dress code for the party or we can dress casually and go. What all to expect at the party ??

3 Answers Dec 8, 2015 at 1:28 PM
    • Anyone going to Maldives?

Maldives Oct 28, 2015 at 1:13 PM

Anyone wanna share speedboat transfer costs?
      Dec. 7 from Male to Olhuveli
      Dec 8 from Olhuveli to Male

We will be in Maldives from dec 5 to 9. Fyi. 

1 Answer Oct 29, 2015 at 2:59 AM
    • Anyone willing to share speedboat from Male to Olhuveli?

Maldives Oct 28, 2015 at 12:16 AM

Date is from December 07 and back to Male on Dec 08, 2015.
      Let me know!

1 Answer Oct 28, 2015 at 3:13 AM