Travel Answers
Makawao

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Possible to do your own self-tour manta ray night snorkle?

Hawaii (Big Island) May 17, 2016 at 1:15 PM

are there any places to do a manta ray snorkel without involving a tour company?
      If so, what does one bring to such event? Underwater flashlight? Is a camera with flash ok?
      I'm an experienced day time snorkeler but have no clue what to bring to this party and expect so your advice and tiips would be appreciated.

more
    • Transport from Airport to town

Honolulu Apr 28, 2016 at 11:50 PM

Are there any trains or buses

more
    • Transport from Airport to town

Honolulu Apr 28, 2016 at 11:50 PM

Are there any trains or buses

more
    • First time visiting - to cruise or stay put? Help!

Hawaii (State of) May 20, 2016 at 7:01 AM

Hubby and me are planning our first trip sometime in Nov or Dec and are trying to decide what's better in terms of getting a good feel for the islands. Option 1 is a 7 day cruise on Pride of America (first time cruisers also), option 2 is picking 1 island and exploring in depth.

A little background on us, we're in our 40's/early 50's and not big on a lot of physical activities such as hiking, surfing, biking, etc. We like doing sightseeing tours, cultural events, and hanging out at the beach/pool. A cruise sounded great until I realized how small the cabins are and considering hubby snores so bad that I don't think I'd get much sleep. The ship does have the single suites so that might be an option or we just pick one island.

Question is Which one??? Oahu seems like the best pick as it doesn't seem like the other islands have enough of the type of activities we like to keep us active/interested for a whole week. And I really don't want to spend too much of my vacation on planes island hopping. Is it feasable to fly to say, Kona, for the day, do some sightseeing and be back to Oahu that night without being totally exhausted the next day? Help!! Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.

more