VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Mainz Travel Answers

change location
yuming's Profile Photo

bus time table?

by yuming Online Now Sep 8, 2003 at 7:16 AM

Hi, I will be in Mainz at 13-09, and go to hahn airport at mainz main train station at 6:20am. I am planning to live in Mainz youth hostel which is 3km away from train station. luckly, there is No. 62.63.92 bus . My question is : is there any early bus at Sunday morning 5-6am ? expecially bus 62.63.92. Are they go to mainz train station? Thanks inadvance.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • clocki's Profile Photo

Re: bus time table?

by clocki Online Now Sep 8, 2003 at 8:28 AM

Yep, seems that there is one, or at least I hope so :-) Just checked the website (www.rmv.de) and almost got lost, not very intuitiv if you ask me... [snip] Ok, found a better stop before I sent the message :-) The busstop you are looking for is "am Viktorstift / DJH" (the latter one means Youth Hostel). With this, you can feed the website above. Maybe this small map of the area is of any use for you (12kb pdf): rmv.de/id=3k6ssk84r1/coremed... The Youth Hostel webpage says Otto-Brunsfels-Schneise as it's address, which is very close to the north-east. This one seems to be good: Bus 92: DJH --> Hauptbahnhof 5:44 --> 5:56 (costs: 1,95 EUR) Don't know about busses 62 or 63 but this way, you'll have half an hour at the station, in case you plan to buy some books/magazines/sweets or whatever. As a side-note, it's not that far to the station, so if you don't have tons of luggage, you can also walk the whole way. Depends on personal preference. Cheers, - Marko PS: On the way to Hahn, please wave and greet my home town which you can see sitting on top of a small hill, 10 minutes before you arrive at the airport ;-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines