Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Lakes in Almogia?

Almogía Oct 18, 2016 at 1:53 AM

We are staying in Almogia in July/August 2017 we would like to know if we are close to any lakes suitable for swimming. Thanks

• Altea from Alicante

Spain Oct 14, 2016 at 12:57 AM

Does anyone know the easiest way to transfer from Alicante railway station to Altea by public transport. there looks like there is a bus or a tram but I can't find the details of stops etc

• water park

L'Estartit Oct 12, 2016 at 9:51 AM

we are staying at the roma apartments september next year is there a water park near by please

• ma3333's Profile Photo

Pyrenees in october

Pyrenees Oct 4, 2016 at 2:40 PM

Next week I'll be heading to spain for a hiking trip. were planing to hike a 5 days trek on the gr 11 trail . I don't have much experience with hiking this time of the year, so perhaps some people here can help me answer some of the following questions:

- Are the winter rooms in the huts open? how do i contact the operators?
      - If so, what is provided in the winter rooms (matress, blankets?) and what is the procedure? Do I need to get a key, where and how do I need to pay? is there a fireplace or a posibilty of lighting fire inside the huts?
      - Does anybody know about the current conditions? Is there already a lot of snow (compared to other years)? What is a good place on the web to find out about local conditions?

Any further general tips from experienced people are always welcome. Many thanks in advance!

• Taxi from Murcia to La Manga

Murcia Sep 30, 2016 at 8:15 AM

Any ideas on how long it would take to get a taxi from Murcia Bus Station to La Manga - and how much it would cost?

• Busking, Las Palmas

Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Oct 15, 2016 at 4:12 AM

Do You know, is there allowed to busking like a human statue on Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (la playa de Las Canteras) and on the other cities on island. Does they requires licence?

Thanks for any help.

• Tips for Palma

Palma de Mallorca Oct 6, 2016 at 3:43 PM

Hello guys.
      My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Palma around end of October.
      We are in our mid 20's and found some really cheap tickets for 3 days in Palma.
      What would you recommend us to see, in which part to stay (cheap)?
      Looking forward to any tips, advices and answers.
      Thank you.

• Flamenco shops & Parking

Sevilla Oct 1, 2016 at 1:27 AM

Where is the nearest place on non-metered parking near the cathedral please - we parked a 20 minute walk on the outskirts of town by the metro down from the Alcatraz and saw one large church but not the cathedral and missed out on a lot of the barrie gothic

When we were walking down from the large church keeping straight we went into a large shop selling shawls and beautiful fans - they gave me a dark green carrier bag - my friend is into salsa/tango dancing and I would like to get some reasonably priced fans - any suggestions please

Really looking forward to going back to this lovely city - planning to go Mid Nov Many thanks

• dog friendly beaches / bars

Santander Sep 30, 2016 at 3:33 AM

I have never been to Santander or Spain I would like to go next September and would have to bring my pet dog via the ferry so would have a car I have found many places to stay so that's ok but what are the bars like with dogs and are the beaches dog friendly ?

• BurrenYoga's Profile Photo

Data SIM Card in Lanzarote

Isla de Lanzarote Oct 18, 2016 at 7:34 AM

Does anybody know of what deals exist to buy a Data SIM card in Lanzarote?

I am hoping to buy a 2 GB data SIM card for my unlocked MiFi device, and when it runs out, to buy a new one.

Just in case coverage of the different networks vary by location, I will be mainly using this in Costa Teguise.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

• boasnovas's Profile Photo

Catalunya Oct 17, 2016 at 1:23 PM

I`ve been to Barcelona already, but never in winter time. We are going in Febuary to Barcelona for 6 days. Any suggestion in the city or maybe day trips that we could do by car? thanks

• One day in Barcelona. Nou Camp.

Barcelona Oct 13, 2016 at 3:42 PM

Hi All,

I am travelling this weekend to watch Barcelona FC match ( starts at 16:15 Local ). I am travelling with 11 year old son.
      My flight arrives in Barcelona at 09:50 and I need to go to BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel. Any idea how long will it take for me from this Hotel( which I suppose is very close to airport) to get to Nou Camp. Is there any time I should target to reach Nou Camp? I am not sure if I should go to Town centre spend around an hour or so ( eat food etc) and then head to Nou Camp.

Any advise is highly appreciated?

• Best public transportation from Barcelona Airport to Grand Torre hotel Catalunya?

Barcelona Sep 30, 2016 at 10:42 PM

What is the best and easy way to go from aiport to my hotel, and from hotel to port of Barcelona?
      Can we buy a ticket for hop on hop off bus at the hotel or have to buy it online? Thanks for your advise.

• Veltra Tour (4-Day Spain Tour: Cordoba, Seville and Granada from Madrid)

Spain Oct 9, 2016 at 6:57 AM

I am planning a trip to Spain in April 2017. Have anyone heard of Veltra Tour company? I am thinking about booking a 4 day trip (4-Day Spain Tour: Cordoba, Seville and Granada from Madrid) with the company. Or if you have any suggestions on a tour company in Spain, it would be great.

• raj11's Profile Photo

Isla de teneriffa OR Isla de Fuerteventura.. which one is better ??

Isla de Fuerteventura Oct 6, 2016 at 7:49 AM

We are a family of 3 (me , my husband and our 7 years old kid).. and wanted to know which would be a better holiay destination in your opinion among Isla de teneriffa and Isla de Fuerteventura.. We would like to have a relaxed location with beautiful surroundings and kids friendly beaches

• Best Place to go

Nerja Sep 25, 2016 at 12:49 PM

Hii Everyone, I am new to this and did post a question yesterday and now I cant find it, lol, so Im going to try husband and I will be travelling from Canada in June 2017 and thought I had found a great place to go and now am having second thoughts.....I had planned on us staying in Nerja but I have come across so much negative talk with regards to a "sewage" problem....any comments or suggestions? Ideally the location we stay in will be a smaller city/town with easy access to beaches/shops/restaurants.....preferably that allows us to experience the spanish culture with modern conveniences....

• Long term rental for this winter

Cadiz Oct 6, 2016 at 8:04 AM

My husband and I are planning to spent the winter in Costa de La Luz. We are looking to rent a studio/appartment/ small house ( one bedroom, living room, kitchen) for approximatively 2 or 3 months (from December till March),what kind of a price would I be looking at? I would be curious to know if anybody could recommend sites or resources to view (cheap) rental listings and if possible to get in touch directly with owners.

• Overstaying 90 day Schengen stay limit

Barcelona Sep 26, 2016 at 7:44 AM

I am from the US and am studying abroad in Barcelona for 87 days. There is no way for me to get a student visa, and my program director can't extend my trip by 3 days in order for me to get a visa. I my family is planning on meeting me in Barcelona on my 87th day and we are planning to go to Italy on my 89th or 90th day. We are planning on staying in Italy for about 10 days, staying in only Italy for those 10 days, and then flying back to the US from Italy. If I get caught overstaying my 90 day limit, what are the consequences? Has anyone ever dealt with a situation like this? Would it be smarter to just meet my family in Italy rather than have them meet me in Spain (saving money and already be in Italy before I reach my 90 day limit). Thank you! Any advice is greatly appreciated.

• Possible itinerary in Extremadura

Extremadura Sep 23, 2016 at 2:17 AM

I will be travelling between Seville and Lisbon in mid February and was thinking of visiting Extremadura on the way. I have 5 or 6 days for this. I would be be interested in getting itinerary suggestions.
      Thank you.

• GhysdyhhC12's Profile Photo

Taxi's Scam in Madrid/ Demonstrations?

by GhysdyhhC12 Online Now Sep 13, 2016 at 10:41 AM

Hello guys, what's up?

Can you help me please?

1) Does someone know about taxi's scam in Madrid? I've read that some taxi drivers can overcharge while they're not using meter, but that's all.

2) How does a taxi ride to the Airport Barajas work? Is there a fixed fare? How much does it cost?

3) Are there demonstrations planned for this week, as OSAC said?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards!

3 Answers Sep 14, 2016 at 5:24 AM
    • Best internet provider in Madrid, your opinion

by Hectaz Online Now Sep 7, 2016 at 7:36 AM

Hello, I would like to install home Internet, adsl or fibre (preferably adsl because I know this place has adsl installed already, and I'm guessing that it'll take less time for them to install).

I basically need it for work and after just moving to Madrid I'm uncertain with what company to go with.

Something that is below 50 euros per month and less than a week of wait for installation.

Thank you in advance

• 1 hour layover to get from Terminal 4S to Terminal 4, is that enough time?

by marlins35 Online Now Aug 22, 2016 at 2:49 PM

I'll be flying from Miami to Rome with a 1 hour layover in Madrid. I'll need to get from Terminal 4S to Terminal 4, is that enough time? Will I have to go through security again?

3 Answers Aug 23, 2016 at 2:59 AM
    • Grevil's Profile Photo

Arriving Madrid Airport just after midnight

by Grevil Online Now Jul 13, 2016 at 3:57 AM

We have seen a reasonably priced flight with Aegean Air which arrives just after midnight on a week night.
      Will there likely be problems or dangers getting to our city hotel from the airport at that time of night?

Would extra cost of an earlier arrival be worth it?

7 Answers Jul 22, 2016 at 3:51 AM
    • 55 minute layover in Madrid, Barajas to transfer from terminal 4 to 4S-- sufficient amount of time?

by YousefM Online Now Jul 9, 2016 at 6:36 PM

Hi everyone,
      I recently booked a ticket from Tel-Aviv, Israel to Funchal,Madeira, with a connection at Madrid barajas.
      I booked the ticket via a travel agency and the operating airline is Iberia , however, i'm a little concerned about the transfer time from terminal 4 to 4S- my flight lands in Madrid at 10:40 at terminal 4, then the flight to Funchal,Madeira departs at 11:35 at terminal 4s, totalling about one hour between touch down and take off, a timeframe within which I have to get from the plane to the departure gate.
      I've done my homework and read about the underground 5 minute train, but ideally I'd really like to have an account of someone who's faced the same transfer; is it possible in one hour ? I'd just like to know it this is a /possible/ amount of time, so as to know if I should get a train down instead, i dont know any thing about barajas and how it goes
      I'd be very grateful for any information anyone can bring to the matter.
      Thanks to all who read :)

5 Answers Jul 22, 2016 at 3:52 AM
    • Toledo and Segovia Day Trips

by BaydeNoc Online Now Jun 28, 2016 at 5:02 AM

We are planning day trips in September out of Madrid to Toledo and Segovia. We have allotted a Saturday and Monday, and are wondering which city we should visit on which day to minimize the crowds.

4 Answers Jul 23, 2016 at 12:28 PM
    • nilanjanbee's Profile Photo

SIM Card with Data Package

by nilanjanbee Online Now Jun 14, 2016 at 3:04 AM

We will be starting our tour from Madrid and travel onto France, Brussels, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland and Italy over a period of 20 odd days. Question I get a sim card from Spain which will work across all these locations? Main reason for the sim card is data. Is it very expensive?

1 Answer Jun 14, 2016 at 3:19 PM
    • Left luggage - Consigna

by mariac1667 Online Now Jun 12, 2016 at 2:13 PM

Hi has anyone had any experience with the left luggage service in downtown Madrid called Dropit?
      I think they are on the calle Jardines
      thanks Maria

1 Answer Jun 13, 2016 at 6:43 AM
    • Tourist Travel Pass & Food

by dmagee32 Online Now Jun 7, 2016 at 10:12 AM

Is the Tourist Travel Pass still offered for getting around the city? And if so, can it only be purchased in Madrid, not online?
      I will be traveling with family and looking for the most cost effective way to get the Madrid food experience, any food suggestions would be appreciated!
      Also, I only speak English, how much will this hinder my overall experience in Madrid?
      Thanks in advance for your assistance!

1 Answer Jun 7, 2016 at 2:47 PM
    • first time visit

by sumitbikramdas Online Now Jun 5, 2016 at 1:13 AM

I am planning to watch a home game of real madrid at santiago. also want a good tour of spain. so people can you help me how to do things there?

2 Answers Jun 6, 2016 at 3:28 AM
    • Mad-Maddy's Profile Photo

3 days in Madrid

by Mad-Maddy Online Now Apr 23, 2016 at 4:40 PM

We will be in Madrid for 3 nights late August, Wednesday-Saturday after finishing up our trip from La Manga. We are staying in a Barrio Salamanca hotel. We don't mind hopping on the train/uber/taxi but we are not looking for long distance trips outside of Madrid. We really want to be with the locals and away from tourist traps. If you'd like to share your favorite attractions and places to eat----we would love to hear. I'm not really sure how to classify our budget since we aren't sure of the economy in Madrid--we don't mind paying for good food/drink but aren't looking for fancy places. Local, casual hangouts. We normally spend about $30-$35 (US Dollars) for lunch and double that for dinner--depending on our mood/taste buds---we can more or less too if the place is worth it.

14 Answers Aug 25, 2016 at 2:05 AM
    • How to kill a day?

by 313Mccormick Online Now Apr 11, 2016 at 4:11 PM

I have a small tour group that needs to kill a day before our 9:30 PM train to Jerez. We have to check out of our hotel by noon (or earlier) but can stack our bags there. We will have already gone to the Prado, the Reina Sofia and a walking tour of the Calle Arenal, Piazza Mayor, Puerta Cerrada, the Palacio Real, the Cathedral and the opera and have eaten at The Market. Any ideas? Are tapas bars open all afternoon? Is there an area where you can tour them? Should we try to tour Toledo?
      Thanks much

7 Answers Apr 13, 2016 at 12:54 PM
    • Bull fight tickets

by dmagee32 Online Now Apr 3, 2016 at 10:46 AM

We will be in Madrid in July, I am looking to purchase tickets to a bullfight on July 10. Do you recommend purchasing tickets when we get there or purchasing them online? I found has tickets, however, I am unsure if this would be the best option/website to do so. Any information would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

4 Answers Apr 3, 2016 at 4:18 PM
    • 40h in Madrid. Help!

by Johan81 Online Now Mar 24, 2016 at 11:37 AM

I´m going to Madrid in mid April and it´s my first visit in the city. Going to be there for 40h to see the Champions League game between Atletico Madrid vs. Barcelona!

I will arrive tuesday afternoon so I will also try to get a ticket to Real Madrid vs. Wolfsburg.

Now I have a couple of questions :-)

• If I don´t get any ticket to the Real game. Where do you recommend me to see the game?
      • Any nice bar, rooftop bar or tapas bar to recommend? I´m a vegetarian so not a place with only meat ;-)

As I said, I will only be in Madrid for 40h, so I don´t need plenty of places. Just one or two good recommendations.

Br //Johan

4 Answers Apr 8, 2016 at 8:32 AM
    • kfelgran's Profile Photo

Meeting for coffee or lunch in Madrid May 26 - June 6

by kfelgran Online Now Mar 14, 2016 at 5:45 AM

I'll be staying in La Puerta del Sol the above dates and it would be fun to meet an English speaking Spanish VT friend to get an understanding of local issues and world issues and also to practice my Spanish for a bit. I'm a youngish grandmother, politically active/human rights centered American from Boston. 2 Years ago I met up with a FB friend in Rome and it was wonderful. A friend of mine suggested this sounded weird, but my motives are just getting to know a local who is also caring about the state of the world and cares about justice for all.

4 Answers Mar 26, 2016 at 9:33 PM
    • PesiKatrak's Profile Photo

Train travel

by PesiKatrak Online Now Mar 8, 2016 at 12:56 AM

information on travelling by train from Lisbon, Portugal to Madrid, Saville and Granada in Spain. Is there a rail pass that can be used over 6 days?

12 Answers Mar 20, 2016 at 2:11 AM
    • PesiKatrak's Profile Photo

guided group tours in English

by PesiKatrak Online Now Mar 8, 2016 at 12:44 AM

information on guided group tours in English of Madrid, Saville and Granada

4 Answers Mar 8, 2016 at 5:27 AM
    • Odd situation- madrid

by anderson99 Online Now Feb 18, 2016 at 12:06 AM

Hi all members im new to this site, i have different situation than yours and want explain to you and see if that possible or not please help me.

I have colombian student visa and i from lebanon but i live in UAE and my situation like this, want travel to Colombia but normal airlines takes more money more time in transit and above that need 2 or 3 more visas (transit ones), so im thinking of make it on 2 tickets like the following:

(1) abu dhabi---madrid
      (2) madrid-----medellin

the second ticket i will reserve it in the airport itself, now my questions are:
      1-do i need schengen visa for this situation ?
      2- will they allow me to do this change from T1 to T4 ?

Thanks for your time

Best regards,

9 Answers Mar 2, 2016 at 10:15 AM
    • 5 hours in Madrid on a Sunday afternoon. Ideas?

by antuantuan Online Now Feb 6, 2016 at 8:24 AM

A bit crazy, but next weekend we'll travel to Madrid just for the day. We'll have approximately 5 hours to spend in the city. I would like to have a nice lunch. Something not touristy but with great Spanish food would be great. Any recommendations?

What would you do with the rest of the afternoon? We have both been to Madrid, so something a bit different and off the beaten track would be nice. Perhaps have lunch and explore an area that is not one of the most touristy ones?

I'm looking forward to hearing your suggestions!

1 Answer Feb 6, 2016 at 11:51 AM

What should I plan to wear

by kfelgran Online Now Jan 30, 2016 at 2:22 PM

I am arriving May 26 and leaving June 6. I know it gets chilly at night. Is a sweater enough or should I bring something heavier? Can you give me an idea of range of temperatures day to night in F? Or just suggest what to include in packing. Thanks so much.

5 Answers Feb 3, 2016 at 1:04 AM

Hi, Need some advice Madrid

by kfelgran Online Now Jan 30, 2016 at 2:19 PM

Hi, I'm a grandmother traveling alone for the first time. Been to Madrid twice before with tour groups. Staying in Plaza Puerta del Sol. I don't feel comfortable eating dinner in a restaurant but am totally comfortable eating outside at a café table. Any tips for budget to moderate eating in the evening not too far away? Is it unusual for a woman to dine alone inside of a restaurant?

4 Answers Feb 4, 2016 at 4:34 AM
    • MADRID (resident location)

by thanito Online Now Jan 23, 2016 at 11:00 AM

Hello everybody! I will visit Madrid in 29/4/2016 and I am already trying to find out where I will book my resident place. I would like to ask for the safer place in the town. Of course I'd prefer to stay in the city center but I would appreciate your feedback.

• What about the airbnb solution? I would like a hotel breakfast but do you think that a hotel is value for money in comparison to house from airbnb?

Thank you all in advance guys!!!

4 Answers Jan 24, 2016 at 1:30 AM
    • Prepaid Train Tickets

by Janed40 Online Now Jan 11, 2016 at 5:35 PM

I will be in Madrid for a few days in September and I would like to do at least two or three day trips from Madrid, I am looking online to purchase my tickets in advance but there are no trains/routes yet available. Does anyone know how far in advance they allow you to purchase these tickets? I am traveling in September of this year.

3 Answers Jan 12, 2016 at 3:55 AM
    • Cuban Cuisine in Madrid

by spoton57 Online Now Jan 8, 2016 at 10:27 AM

Hello everyone,
      Any uptodate recommendations on 1-2 Cuban restaurants in Madrid? Think food, not so much Clubs-music-dance. Thanks to all.

4 Answers Jan 11, 2016 at 9:32 AM
    • I am planning to visit Madrid, any recommendations?

by HoffAnn Online Now Jan 5, 2016 at 2:33 AM

Hello :)
      I am planning to visit Madrid soon, and I wanted to ask if you have some recommendations?

Thanks! :)

2 Answers Jan 5, 2016 at 1:23 PM
    • Oleg_D.'s Profile Photo

Where El Goloso Monastery is?

by Oleg_D. Online Now Dec 27, 2015 at 4:44 AM

In the God sake, can anybody tell me exact location and open hours of Monasterio de El Goloso. In fact I’m looking for the tombs of Beatriz Galindo "La Latina" and Francisco Ramírez "El Arillero". They were buried in Monastery of Convento de la Concepción Jerónima:
      Probably people living in Madrid should know an answer. Thank you in advance.

12 Answers Jan 8, 2016 at 11:16 AM
    • Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

Dinner with my better half

by Martin_S. Online Now Nov 24, 2015 at 4:45 AM

Shalom, Shalom:
      My wife, Zohara, and I plan to visit Madrid either before or after the VT Euromeet in May 2016.
      I would like to surprise her with a nice dinner hopefully at a place with a view over the city.
      Any suggestions.
      (and yes I have been going over VT pages on Madrid and so far found nothing suitable :o)))
      Thanks for any help.

10 Answers Nov 30, 2015 at 4:08 AM
    • Tickled_Pink's Profile Photo

Where to purchase Real Madrid Soccer Tickets to watch a game

by Tickled_Pink Online Now Nov 10, 2015 at 4:08 AM

Whilst we are in Madrid we would like to attend a soccer match.
      Is there a website/s where can we purchase Real Madrid tickets?

Approx costs of the tickets

Which station is close to the stadium, is it in walking distance & any other tips you can provide

1 Answer Nov 10, 2015 at 5:11 AM

Where should we spend more time: In Madrid or the outskirts?

by Tickled_Pink Online Now Nov 6, 2015 at 12:27 PM

While I love exploring cities, I sometimes feel that the hidden gems are on the outskirts. Can anyone suggest places to visit around Barcelona, Seville & Madrid respectively?

5 Answers Nov 6, 2015 at 5:33 PM

Please suggest popular district to stay in Madrid?

by Tickled_Pink Online Now Nov 5, 2015 at 2:42 PM

Please provide the area/suburb/district that we should book our hotel when staying in Madrid, taking into account the proximity of transport, sites etc

Any other other tips when choosing the location of a hotel will be appreciated.

3 Answers Nov 6, 2015 at 12:31 AM