Lyon

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• First Visit

Le Cap d'Agde Nov 28, 2016 at 3:19 AM

My wife and I are hoping to visit the naturist resort for the first time next June/July (2017) and we're wondering what's the best accommodation to book?

Many thanks in advance.

more
    • Buying a laptop

Paris Nov 28, 2016 at 5:42 AM

Hi all,

I am going to Paris from 23rd Dec till 3rd Jan for Christmas holiday,
      In Australia normally you get a good deals for laptops in stores like JB High Fi or Harvey Norman, can anyone help me where I can buy a low price portable laptop in Paris?

more
    • hotel accommodation

Reims Nov 5, 2016 at 11:11 AM

Hello. the on ly way we can get to reims is via Charles de Gaulle in aris, thence by train. Is the station at the airport difficult to find? also, once at reims, can anhone suggest a cheap hotel near the station and cathedral> we cannot walk far especially with luggage, and we would also like to be close to Christmas market. many thanks

more
    • How tourist-y is Antibes in January or February?

Antibes Nov 7, 2016 at 12:32 AM

How tourist-y is Antibes in January or February?

I need a get-away soon, but I don't want to be around large numbers of tourists milling around, taking photos, partying. Unlike many tourists these days, I'm not "looking for the action" (excitement) at all.

I do speak French fluently and have been a francophile most of my life.

Is Antibes in the winter subdued enough, quiet enough for me to spend two weeks just de-compressing, wandering around, reading (French novels) and listening to classical music in my apartment? Or should I look elsewhere on the Cote d'Azur, somewhere smaller like Vence or Beaulieu, etc.??

more
    • Menton or Villefranche-sur-mer ?

Menton Nov 5, 2016 at 11:46 PM

How would you compare Menton with Villefranche-sur-mer as a base to explore the Cote d'Azur for a first-time traveler (to the French Riviera) for two-weeks? I am looking for a quiet village or small town atmosphere, away from hordes of tourists, and crossed off Antibes, etc. for that reason. Somehow I narrowed down to my list to Menton and Villefranche-sur-mer. I know the latter is much smaller and seems to cater to a more upper-tier clientele, while the former has attracted many French retirees.

I do speak French and have a degree in art history, with interest in French history and literature. I will not have a car.

more
    • Solo woman traveling in Paris on New Years Eve

Paris Nov 28, 2016 at 10:57 AM

I am a 54 year old woman who will be arriving in Paris Orly airport on Thursday, December 29 at 5 pm,
      and flying out of DeGalle airport on Sunday, January 1 at 11 am.

My questions...

1. What area in Paris should I stay in?
      Since I really only have two days I would like a great location to walk to things in the area and as a base for sightseeing. I would be so grateful for decent, hotel and restaurant suggestions in that area?

2. What is the best/easiest way to get from Orly to "that area" at that time of day?

3. Are there any good one day tours?
      I would probably book that for Friday or Saturday, and spend the other day on my own exploring the area around my hotel.

4. What is there to do on New Years Eve? I don't drink but would love to know what would be safe for me to do alone that night.

Thank you very much!

more
    • Archway's Profile Photo

Can anyone suggest a day-trip from Paris?

Paris Nov 11, 2016 at 7:32 AM

I will be visiting Paris in a few weeks. I have been to Paris numerous times and know it very well. Equally, I have taken many day-trips from Paris and have been to all the obvious places (and even beyond). Can anyone suggest a new place I might visit? I am looking for a place within a two hour radius by train.

I like quaint places, and/or places that has a old worldly feel to them. I enjoy visiting places with a riverside setting as well e.g. Moret-sur-Loing. 

Here is a short list of day-trips I have taken:

Amiens, Auxerre, Beauvais, Bourges, Châlons-en-Champagne, Chantilly, Chartres, Compiègne, Dijon, Fontainebleau, Giverny, Moret-sur-Loing, Orléans, Provins, Reims, Rouen, Senlis, Sens, Tours, Troyes, Versailles.  

I have not listed other places I have visisted that are further a way e.g. Caen, Lyon, Metz, Nancy, Nantes, Rennes etc.

At the moment I am thinking of visiting Meaux (because there is a cathedral in Meaux), but I would like to have a few other places on my list. I thought of trying to get to Avallon and/or Loches, but it appears there aren't any direct (or very few direct) trains to Avallon or Loches.

Many thanks

more
    • How expensive...?

Villefranche-sur-Mer Nov 5, 2016 at 8:57 AM

How expensive are sundry items and groceries, not just tourist souvenirs? Is the mark-up really high?

more
    • Pottery equipment and materials in Lyon

by Grahamdudley Online Now Oct 24, 2016 at 11:19 PM

I wiil be moving to Lyon in a few months and want to contact craft potters to buy a used wheel and kiln, Info about materials - glazes, clay, markets, the viability of a pottery shop,studio, pottery lessons etc, will be appreciated.
      Thank you for your interest,
      Graham.

2 Answers Oct 26, 2016 at 6:53 AM
    • GETTING TO HOTELS IN OLD CITY

by RalphS11 Online Now Sep 21, 2016 at 10:32 PM

CAN TAXI'S GO TO HOTEL FRONTAGE? WHERE WOULD THEY DROP YOU OFF

4 Answers Sep 22, 2016 at 11:32 AM
    • Nuits de Fourviere

by pedersen766 Online Now May 28, 2016 at 8:07 AM

I'm an exchange student planning to go to Lyon on 7th of July for Nuits de Fourviere concert, to see the band The Last Shadow Puppets. But unfortunately, I'm gonna go just by myself. Is there anyone who will attend the concert and would like to come together with me? Or is there any kind of forum where travelers unite to discuss going to concert in a foreign country together? Thank you!

1 Answer May 28, 2016 at 9:08 AM
    • Hotels in Inns

by ChefEddy Online Now May 21, 2016 at 8:56 AM

Any ideas for spots that have parking available in or out of the city. Maybe something in the country side.

Thanks

1 Answer May 23, 2016 at 1:02 AM
    • Celebrating significant birthdays

by BarbaraE10 Online Now Mar 31, 2016 at 5:57 AM

I'll be in Lyon in June with family (all adults), two of whom are celebrating significant birthdays this year. Do you have any suggestions for something fun/novel/active and preferably outdoors to do? Many thanks.

4 Answers Apr 4, 2016 at 10:27 AM
    • Is July a good period of the year to visit Lyon

by bean4bean4 Online Now Mar 22, 2016 at 11:58 AM

I've just realized that hotels in Lyon in June are very expensive... and that the same hotels in July are quite affordable.
      Is there any reason why it is that so?
      Is it because locals are on vacation and a lot of museums, etc... are closed?
      Thanks!

10 Answers Mar 26, 2016 at 10:41 PM
    • meeson's Profile Photo

eurostar to lyon from st pancras

by meeson Online Now Jan 6, 2016 at 11:25 AM

hi vt'ers
      Has anyone got the Eurostar from st pancras ? it takes nearly 5 hours and flights only take 1 hr 45mins. Ive never been on Eurostar before and thought I might give it a go but is it worth it. the prices seem to be about the same as well
      thanks in advance

10 Answers Jan 7, 2016 at 6:30 AM
    • arrive in lyon part

by Cohenking99 Online Now Jun 27, 2015 at 6:22 PM

arrive in lyon part dieu with the tgv and than take a train to chambery challes I have only 10 minutes to change were do I have to go in the station never was there do I have enough time to change?

4 Answers Jun 28, 2015 at 4:13 AM
    • sheanbedi's Profile Photo

Long term rental in Lyon 69002

by sheanbedi Online Now Jun 25, 2015 at 8:48 PM

Hi, I am looking for a long term rental apartment for 1 year or more in Lyon. Prefer district 69002 near Bellacour area.
      60 to 100 sqm with a budget of Euro 900.
      Any recommendations ?
      Thanks

3 Answers Jun 26, 2015 at 12:50 AM
    • Good restaurants in Lyon

by VitaLubis Online Now May 18, 2015 at 10:43 PM

Hi,

I will go to Lyon next month.
      I know that Lyon has so many good restaurants.
      Could anybody inform me some good restaurants in Lyon ?

Thank you

1 Answer May 18, 2015 at 10:59 PM
    • Buy Antiques in Lyon

by VitaLubis Online Now May 18, 2015 at 10:41 PM

Hi,

I will go to Lyon next month.
      I am interested in buying antiques
      Could anybody inform me where I could find good quality antiques in Lyon ?

Thank you

3 Answers May 20, 2015 at 9:06 AM
    • chrisdScotland's Profile Photo

Lyon City Bus Routes Map

by chrisdScotland Online Now May 14, 2015 at 2:44 PM

I am trying to use www.tcl.fr website to find out if there any buses I can use, along with the T1 tram line, to get from Gare Part-Dieu to area around Hospital Center Saint-Joseph Et Saint-Luc, 20 Quai Claude Bernard. I've clicked on 'Getting around' and can see the drop down list of routes but I find them not very user friendly. Can anyone help?

6 Answers May 15, 2015 at 7:55 AM
    • How does one get from Lyon St Exupéry TGV station into the city ??

by dewijones Online Now May 4, 2015 at 4:23 AM

How does one get from Lyon St Exupéry TGV station into the city ??
      I will be arriving at 1945 on a Friday night with Ouigo
      thanks
      Dewi

4 Answers May 5, 2015 at 4:19 AM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Birthhouse info

by agathi Online Now May 1, 2015 at 8:18 AM

Hallo my friends. Actually I speak no French at all and this might be a problem in my case, that's why I need your advice. We will be in Paris for some days and I was thinking of Lyon as a day trip. Lyon has been in my heart as the city of the novels I have read as a young girl and thus it is some kind of a "need" to see her. Of course, Lyon of the 19th century must be a past now, but nevertheless it is Lyon after all.
      Sorry for the introduction. My main reason for asking your help is that Greek woman was born in Lyon in 1933 and her mother was burried in Lyon before she and her father returned to Greece. So, do you know if I have any chance of finding out the address of their house or the cemetary her mother was burried. Whom shall I contact in Lyon's town hall? Any advice?

3 Answers May 1, 2015 at 11:59 AM
    • Lyon - Two train stations

by dewijones Online Now Feb 24, 2015 at 11:30 PM

There are two train stations in Lyon. I believe that one is in the city and one is some way out. Which is which ??
      What are the transport links like for the one that is out of the city ?
      Especially early in the morning and late at night.
      thanks

4 Answers Feb 25, 2015 at 9:50 AM
    • jstravelvalet's Profile Photo

Car service

by jstravelvalet Online Now Feb 21, 2015 at 3:54 PM

Best choice/price for a car service from Lyon to Epernay for 8 people. Any suggestions appreciated.
      Judy

6 Answers Feb 22, 2015 at 9:56 AM
    • pulgaron's Profile Photo

What's a good neighborhood to stay in? Plenty of walkabout places

by pulgaron Online Now Feb 11, 2015 at 1:49 PM

Just wondering about a good hotel in a pedestrian friendly area. What's your favorite area in Lyon to stay in?

3 Answers Feb 16, 2015 at 8:02 AM
    • May Day Holiday

by wendyliz5 Online Now Jan 14, 2015 at 2:35 AM

Hi
      My very first question! We will be in Lyon on 1st May this year which is an official public holiday. What is likely to be closed and will public transport be operating? Thanks.

8 Answers Jan 16, 2015 at 2:00 AM
    • yavili's Profile Photo

Lyon airport - city transportation

by yavili Online Now Nov 5, 2014 at 5:45 AM

Salut! Is there a cheaper way to get to the city other than Rhonexpress? 14.5 Euros for a 20 minute ride is quite expensive!

3 Answers Nov 6, 2014 at 1:11 AM
    • Gare de lyon - Perrache bus stop to le Radiant

by a.winfred Online Now Oct 22, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Hello! I'm just wondering how one would get from the Gare de lyon - Perrache bus stop to le Radiant (1 Rue Jean Moulin, 69300 Caluire-et-Cuire, France) I've been using previous questions and Google directions for help but no luck this time. Any help? Thanks

1 Answer Oct 24, 2014 at 10:38 PM
    • Wings2Fly's Profile Photo

Need a Hotel?

by Wings2Fly Online Now Oct 5, 2014 at 4:43 AM

Will be stopping one night in Lyon and will have the next day to see the city. In order to maximise our time there, we want a hotel near a tram stop or metro stop. I have difficulty in walking very far. I have been unable to locate a suitable one using regular resources. Can someone help?

4 Answers Oct 10, 2014 at 5:57 AM
    • ThiagoRamos's Profile Photo

From Lyon to Paris

by ThiagoRamos Online Now Sep 19, 2014 at 6:09 AM

Hello, my friends!

I´ll be travelling around France with a rented car and need to go from Lyon to Paris. I was thinking of returning the car in Lyon and taking a flight or a train to Paris? Travelling by car and returning it in Paris is another option. What do you think?

How long is the trip from Lyon to Paris by car, by plane and by TGV?

How much does it cost each of these options?

Thanks in advance!

9 Answers Sep 20, 2014 at 9:53 PM
    • TraceyF's Profile Photo

Vegetarian Restautants

by TraceyF Online Now Aug 31, 2014 at 1:59 AM

Hi

I am looking for recommendations for good vegetarian restaurants around central Lyon. Plus vegetarian friendly restaurants as my friend eats meat. Happy to go slightly above average for a special meal.

Thank you

2 Answers Sep 2, 2014 at 6:46 AM

Travel from airport

by TraceyF Online Now Aug 31, 2014 at 1:54 AM

Hi

What is the easist way to travel from the airport to Lyon - I am staying at Mercure 73-75 Rue du Président Edouard Herriot
      2. La Presqu'îlle

Thank you

1 Answer Aug 31, 2014 at 3:54 AM
    • what attire to wear

by tracyabridges Online Now Aug 27, 2014 at 3:15 AM

Hi
      I am travelling to lyon for a friends 50th and will be eating at the Le Garet on the friday night and the L'Auberge De I'lle Barbe on the saturday any advise to the attire to be worn for men and women
      Tracy

3 Answers Aug 28, 2014 at 4:52 AM
    • GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

Geneva to Lyon

by GentleSpirit Online Now Aug 10, 2014 at 11:47 AM

I am arriving early morning in Geneva (740am) what is the fastest way to get to Lyon?
      I had seen a shuttle that would get me to annency and from there to Lyon on the train arriving around 1400
      any ideas?

5 Answers Aug 11, 2014 at 12:23 AM
    • Charming Romantic Lyon

by TravellingCA Online Now Aug 2, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Hello everyone!

We'll be spending one night in Lyon on our way to the Cote d'Azur next weekend and would like to make it a memorable one. That's why I would appreciate your suggestions for romantic spots and charming restaurants in this magnificent city.

Thanks a lot in advance for your recommendations :-)

Cheers!

TravellingCA

1 Answer Aug 2, 2014 at 3:04 PM
    • Bed and Breakfast Lyon

by TravellingCA Online Now Jul 26, 2014 at 2:39 AM

Hello everyone,

I will be stopping in Lyon for one night on my way to Nice in a few weeks and I was wondering if any of you has any suggestions on charming bed and breakfast places in or around Lyon. Thanks in advance for all your suggestions!

Cheers,

TravellingCA

1 Answer Jul 26, 2014 at 9:58 AM
    • Romantic places in Lyon

by rma2511 Online Now Jul 21, 2014 at 7:26 AM

I'm taking a road trip with my girlfriend, and am planning on proposing to her when we visit Lyon, as I was living there as a student when we first met.

Are there any particularly good places for this that anyone can recommend? My first thought was fourviere, but would happily hear more suggestions as I have not been back since 2008!

Thanks!

Perouge travel

by TraceyF Online Now Jul 20, 2014 at 1:21 AM

What is the best way to travel from Lyon to Perouge

1 Answer Oct 12, 2014 at 12:07 PM