Luxembourg

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Good airport private transfer services

Luxembourg Jul 10, 2016 at 9:35 AM

Hello Everyone! Could you recommend me some great private transfer services from and to Luxembourg Airport? I will arrive early morning and leave a few days later late evening. Every recommendations are really useful to me! Thank you !

more
    • Good airport private transfer services

Luxembourg Jul 10, 2016 at 9:35 AM

Hello Everyone! Could you recommend me some great private transfer services from and to Luxembourg Airport? I will arrive early morning and leave a few days later late evening. Every recommendations are really useful to me! Thank you !

2 Answers Jul 12, 2016 at 9:17 AM
    • i need help!!!

Luxembourg Nov 12, 2015 at 8:28 AM

hello! i´m travelling to luxemburg nest week and i would like to know several things:
      1) which place is better Echternach or Viandem? can i do both en the same day? as far as i can see, there are public transportation for bouth.
      2) i would like to go to trier, but i need to come back the same day. is there any service or tour recommended?
      3) is there anyone living there to hang out?
      thaks!
      Julieta

2 Answers Nov 12, 2015 at 10:50 AM
    • remich to luxembourg airport

Luxembourg Sep 23, 2015 at 11:26 AM

how do i get from the dock in rematch to the airport in luxembourg by public transportation? I am arriving by riverboat but am independent of the ships itineray and need to get with into the city center or the airport.

• Lieler in lux

Luxembourg Jun 30, 2015 at 12:18 PM

Hi))

How do I reach Lieler by bus ( from the north of Luxembourg ) ? I want to visit the 3 country point of Lux Bel DE.

Or, I could also visit this point ( dreilaenderpunkt ) from St Vith in Belgium if a bus route exists.

Thanx

5 Answers Jul 1, 2015 at 6:38 AM
    • Kathrin_E's Profile Photo

Long weekend in Luxembourg - Day trip options and other questions

Luxembourg Jun 16, 2015 at 2:09 PM

Ok so here is the plan, we are still in the early stages of planning...
      Two ladies in their 40s plan a 3 night stay in Luxembourg city this August. Arrival by train from southwestern Germany via Trier on Rheinland-Pfalz-Ticket + Lux. That gives us Friday afternoon and evening, full Saturday and Sunday, and Monday morning to play with. Either on Saturday or Sunday we'd like to do a day trip by public transport, preferably train, to one or maybe two neighbouring small towns in Luxembourg's countryside to see a bit more than just the city.
      Interests: history/historical buildings, especially churches, generally wandering the city and getting a feel of its flair and architecture, a museum or two, perhaps a little shopping. Not into nightlife, but we appreciate cafes and pubs with outdoor seating (weather permitting), small cosy bistros and restaurants.
      Not worried about language skills: German, basic French that covers the usual tourist needs, no Letzebuergisch but imagination to guess the meaning from German - I think we will get by.
      Budget is medium - I do not expect Luxembourg to be cheap compared to Germany.

1. Where to stay: Budget for accommodation is up to 120 € for a twin room, preferably including breakfast. Do I understand correctly that the central station has the red light district in close vicinity and hotels in that area would not be the best choice? I hope to find something in the old town. How about the quarters on the opposite side of the valleys? Any more areas that should be avoided? Any good hotel recommendations? Where to look for "3 nights for 2" offers, in case these exist?

2. Day trip options: Any good tips? Since ancient churches are preferred to castles by my friend, I was thinking Echternach.
      But I cannot find Echternach in the map of the train network on cfl.lu/espaces/voyageurs/de/... How to get there, is it by bus?
      Same question about Vianden. Seems trains go no further than Diekirch.

3. Has anyone visited the casemattes? Are these guided tours or do you go on your own? Worth it?

4. The website of the tourist office mentions a tour of the city and illuminated ramparts on Friday nights: lcto.lu/en/place/toursonrequ... Worth it? Or can the illuminations also be seen and enjoyed without a tour?

There will probably be more questions when we go further into details.

9 Answers Nov 12, 2015 at 2:17 PM
    • CHRISTMAS DAY

Luxembourg Jun 4, 2015 at 5:39 AM

IS THERE ANYWHERE OPEN ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN LUXEMBOURG FOR FOOD AND DRINKS?

2 Answers Jun 5, 2015 at 11:36 AM
    • bushmantony's Profile Photo

Euroforum Building, rue Robert Stumpe - which bus route?

Luxembourg May 23, 2015 at 10:42 AM

Hi, its been 10 years since last came to Luxembourg City so I am rather unfamiliar with public transport. Later next month I am staying at the Hotel Grey, 4 Rue Joseph Junck, 1839 Luxembourg - which I believe is close to the train station. I need to get to the Euroforum Building, rue Robert Stumpe - could anyone advise please? Also, I have been told the area around the hotel is situated in slightly sleazy, I will be in town for a week so suggestions would every welcome on good vegetarian eating out and sociable places to meet/chat with local people. Uke most Brits' my French is terrible. Thank you, Sparky. PS what buses leave the airport to the train station? best Tautag

2 Answers May 23, 2015 at 2:02 PM
    • Car Parking

Luxembourg May 4, 2015 at 1:19 PM

I heard parking in Luxembourg was free on Sundays. Is this true? If so, until what time on Monday?

• roads and restraunt in February

Clervaux May 1, 2015 at 11:22 AM

I am planning a trip for February. Driving from Amsterdam, are roads maintained or are they so small access would be difficult in snow?

Where are some places to eat in or near Clervaux?
      Thanks

2 Answers May 1, 2015 at 3:27 PM
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

is 1 night over enough?

Luxembourg Apr 5, 2015 at 7:07 AM

we are planning to take train from Brussels to Luxembourg in the morning, I know it takes about 3 hrs. then we will sight scene, I read fodors.com/news/story_5237.h...
      these are must see, are they all in or around Luxembourg city? is 1 day enough?

thanks

21 Answers Jul 1, 2015 at 11:36 AM
    • what is the best place to visit Vianden or Mullerthal in November

Luxembourg Nov 12, 2014 at 5:35 AM

what is the best place to visit Vianden or Mullerthal in November

1 Answer Nov 12, 2014 at 7:51 AM
    • what is the best place to visit Vianden or Mullerthal in November

Luxembourg Nov 12, 2014 at 5:35 AM

what is the best place to visit Vianden or Mullerthal in November

1 Answer Nov 14, 2014 at 3:01 AM
    • War Memorial

Vianden Nov 2, 2014 at 1:31 PM

This plaque tells that after the WWII battle in Vianden, the liberation of Luxembourg was complete. Additionally, there are the names of US soldiers who fell there.Can you list the names and military units? (In addition to Gambino)

2 Answers Nov 2, 2014 at 3:42 PM
    • Accommodation in Luxembourg-City

Luxembourg Sep 11, 2014 at 8:43 AM

Who has a recommendation for a budget accommodation in Luxembourg City?
      What's the quickest way from there to Clervaux and Vianden. Are these places to reach for a day trip by public means of transport?
      Thank you.

1 Answer Sep 11, 2014 at 10:15 AM
    • More scenic and affordable

Luxembourg Aug 10, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Hi all,
      I wanted to know which country out of belgium, luxembourg or netherlands is more scenic (landscape wise) and more affordable, a balance of these two factors. I am not into shopping and the travel is in first week sept. thanks already!

3 Answers Aug 12, 2014 at 3:29 PM
    • motorcycle trip through luxembourg from metz

Luxembourg Aug 5, 2014 at 1:14 AM

tips for where to park my motorcycle safe from thieves while having a look around in the city

• The_Lord's Profile Photo

Hotel one night close to City centre with car parking

Luxembourg Jul 20, 2014 at 4:12 AM

Hi please any guidance/ideas most welcome on a good quality, reasonably priced hotel?
      Many thanks

1 Answer Jul 20, 2014 at 6:11 AM
    • AllieK's Profile Photo

Luxembourg

Luxembourg Jul 10, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Hi!
      I was just wondering if there's any buses between Antwerp and Luxembourg...and Luxemburg to Rothenburg (Germany)

I would prefer the cheaper option of the bus if possible. Is there any particular company that does it? Or anywhere to read a timetable?

Help or advice with either of these routes would be great :)

P.S It's for the end of July, roughly 2-3 weeks away

5 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 4:38 AM
    • Lux. to Remick travel.

Luxembourg Jul 8, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Two adults need to travel Luxembourg railway station to Remick to board a cruise on monday 8th September 2014. Can someone suggest the methods to do so without useing up too much time? Thanks , Ron and Sheila from Australia.

2 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 1:13 AM
    • Livange location

Livange Jul 7, 2014 at 3:52 AM

Hello
      I am taking a big group of student to Luxembourg, and have been provided a quote for a hotel in Livange. However I cannot find any information on how easy it is to travel into the city. I don't want my students paying a lot for taxis to get in the city - or getting lost as they are quite far out. can anyone advise what the bus/train connections are like?

Thanks,
      Joy

3 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 10:02 AM
    • jkb1's Profile Photo

luxembourg to berlin

Luxembourg May 1, 2014 at 6:45 AM

how to travel overnight cheap between luxembourg and berlin?

1 Answer May 1, 2014 at 2:39 PM
    • what is the cost to travel by Bus from Remich to Luxembourg

Luxembourg Mar 30, 2014 at 1:36 AM

what is the cost to travel by Bus from Remich to Luxembourg

1 Answer Mar 30, 2014 at 1:51 AM
    • Is Esch sir-sure worth a day trip from Lux City?

Esch-sur-Sûre Mar 29, 2014 at 9:15 AM

I've been to Vianden, Clervaux, Trier, Metz, etc., and am looking for other good day trip ideas from Lux City. Is Esch sir-sure worthy the trip? Thanks!

7 Answers Mar 29, 2014 at 2:40 PM
    • v3tt3lWC's Profile Photo

2 Days in Luxembourg Accomodation

Luxembourg Feb 24, 2014 at 12:30 AM

Hi, looking for hotels near Luxembourg city we will be going by car, but don't want to drive up and down from hotel to the city? Planning on doing 1 full day seeing as much of the country as we can, any suggestions?
      Thanks in advance!

1 Answer Feb 24, 2014 at 12:51 AM
    • The Dutch restaurant by the river

Vianden Feb 11, 2014 at 2:25 PM

We want to visit the hosts of the dutch Bar (eetcafe) by the river tomorrow but have lost their business card. The hostess is called Betty or Letty of something similar. Does anyone have the name or contact details of this bar?

2 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 5:04 AM
    • JasonP16's Profile Photo

Hollow Statue

Luxembourg Feb 4, 2014 at 2:03 PM

About 15 years ago my friends and I were walking some trails in Luxembourg city when we came across a giant statue. When we got closer we noticed that you could actually go inside it and climb a ladder to the top. Once at the top you could look out a rectangle cut into the face, and look out onto the city. For the life of me I can't find any information what so ever on this statue. Any information would be a great help. Thanks, Jason

• EduardoPereira's Profile Photo

Extra days in Luxembourg

Luxembourg Jan 2, 2014 at 2:39 AM

Dear all
      I will spent 2 extra days in Luxembourg in mid January and I´d like to have suggestions on what to do there. One day I thought about spending it in Luxembourg ville and the other I´m not sure.....Trier or Metz or someplace else. Suggestions?? Thanks.

2 Answers Jan 2, 2014 at 1:34 PM
    • Watching Bundesliga in Luxembourg

Luxembourg Nov 19, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Hello,

I will go on the weekend to visit Luxembourg but I dont want to miss the great soccer match between Bayern Munich vs Dortmund. So I am searching for a place which will show this awesome match. Can somebody help me to find a place where they will show this match live?
      Thanks

• midnightflyers's Profile Photo

Christmas restaurants open either 24th or 25th December

Luxembourg Nov 18, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Hi I'm going to Luxembourg for Christmas and am finding it impossible to find any restaurants that will be open ( beside a few in hotels) for either Christmas eve or Christmas day. If anyone could help I would be very grateful?

• travelbox's Profile Photo

Luxembourg card

Luxembourg Oct 19, 2013 at 9:45 PM

where do u buy Luxembourg cards in Luxembourg

5 Answers Oct 19, 2013 at 11:03 PM