VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Luton Travel Answers

change location

Stansted -> Luton -> Northampton

by mtandon Online Now Nov 10, 2008 at 12:37 PM

Hello,

I would like to know how to get from Stansted to Luton airports. Also, how to get to Northampton from Luton Airport.

I will be travelling between airports at about 8am. Also, if you could quote the costs, it would be really helpful!

Thanks!
Cheers,
Mansi

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Stansted -> Luton -> Northampton

by leics Online Now Nov 10, 2008 at 12:53 PM

Bus is the only direct way between airports.

londontoolkit.com/travel/lut...

11.10GBP one-way

I hope you have allowed plenty of time for your transfer, as you are travelling in the morning rush-hour and traffic can be very heavy on the Mll and M1.

You could get a train from Luton to Northampton. First you'll have to get the airport shuttle bus to Luton Airport Parkway station. www.nationalrail.co.uk will give you times and fares. Journey takes around 2 hours, with 2 changes (you will have to go into London and out again, stupid as it seems). One-way fare from 17.80 (but may be considerably more, depending on timings; it's a commuter route).

Alternatively (and a fare better option, imo) you could take a coach (long-distance bus). Takes around 1 hour 10 mins, one-way fares 13.90GBP. You would be sensible to book your ticket online in advance at www.nationalexpress.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Stansted -> Luton -> Northampton

by mtandon Online Now Nov 10, 2008 at 1:26 PM

Thanks for the help. National Express looks the most convenient. :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Luton