VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Long Beach Travel Answers

change location

long beach to duarte

by Canadiannurse Online Now Dec 10, 2004 at 6:12 PM

Is car the only way to get to duarte from long beach area. Is there any light rail or public transportation. I am a nurse in Ontario, Canada and I know Duarte has a Bone Marrow Transplant Unit. I am looking to relocate to California. I was interested in Long Beach because they have a decent public transporation system. Does Long Beach have a Bone Marrow Transplant Unit for Adults within any of the hospitals. I can't find anything on the web. I know there is a pediatrics unit.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • HarmoniousBotch's Profile Photo

Re: long beach to duarte

by HarmoniousBotch Online Now Dec 11, 2004 at 9:35 AM

"Decent"? Long Beach has, at best, an adequate public transportation system. A car is really a necessity in southern California. You can get by without one, but the public transportaion here is not like major cities elsewhere in the US and Canada. You can waste a lot of time here trying get around on public transportation. Find the best job, then get a car. I'd recommend also checking San Diego. It is home to a large number of hospitals.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines