change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• live music during the day

by tentonnestevie Online Now Jul 26, 2016 at 12:48 PM

live music during the day

Hi, I'm going back to London with my girlfriend in a couple weeks and we were wondering where was the best place to find live music during the day on a Saturday? We're partial to a few pints and a bit of acoustic.

Cheers

more
    • sass1217's Profile Photo

Pub suggestions to catch a Tottenham match

by sass1217 Online Now Jul 25, 2016 at 4:05 PM

Hello,

My son & I will be visiting London in September, and although Tottenham is playing during that time, we can't fit an "away" game into our schedule. Is it customary for fans to go out and watch matches at pubs, as we do American football in the US? If so, we're looking for a fun and energetic Tottenham "friendly" pub to catch a match while we're in town. Thanks!!!!

-sass

more
    • transportation

by JoanD34 Online Now Aug 7, 2016 at 7:29 PM

What is the best way to get from heathrow to Park Plaza Riverbank hotel.

more

Easiest way to get to Victoria Station from Heathrow

by sass1217 Online Now Jul 27, 2016 at 11:46 AM

Hi! I'm looking for the easiest, not necessarily the quickest, way to get to Victoria from Heathrow. We will be traveling on a Saturday morning around 10:00. I have a 7 day travelpass covering zones 1-4. The less transfers, the better. Time is not necessarily of the essence, as we cannot check into our hotel until 14:00. We are traveling from the US for a 10 day stay, so will have at least 1, if not 2 bags each.

Thanks for your help!

more

Is Buckingham Palace a "can't miss" attraction?

by sass1217 Online Now Jul 25, 2016 at 3:58 PM

Hello,

My son & I will be in London while Buckingham Palace is open for visitation. I've already purchased the London Pass, and think we have enough to contend with already. We are history buffs, and I cannot wait to see Hampton Court Palace, but is BP a "must see"?

Also, what (if any) major attractions are (in your opinion) over-hyped and not worth the time?

Thanks!
      -sass

more
    • HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Escalator refurbishment at Euston Tube station - How is the situation?

by HORSCHECK Online Now Aug 21, 2016 at 1:54 PM

Has anyone first hand info about the "Escalator refurbishment at Euston Tube station" which is described here:

tfl.gov.uk/info-for/media/pr...

If I will be arriving on a Saturday evening some time between 18:00 and 19:00 h with the Victoria Line and have about 20 Minutes to get a train from Euston Station will I be able to manage that, even with luggage? Will there be any escalators in service at all?

Any info is most welcome.

more
    • HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Escalator refurbishment at Euston Tube station - How is the situation?

by HORSCHECK Online Now Aug 21, 2016 at 1:54 PM

Has anyone first hand info about the "Escalator refurbishment at Euston Tube station" which is described here:

tfl.gov.uk/info-for/media/pr...

If I will be arriving on a Saturday evening some time between 18:00 and 19:00 h with the Victoria Line and have about 20 Minutes to get a train from Euston Station will I be able to manage that, even with luggage? Will there be any escalators in service at all?

Any info is most welcome.

31 Answers Yesterday
    • transportation

by JoanD34 Online Now Aug 7, 2016 at 7:29 PM

What is the best way to get from heathrow to Park Plaza Riverbank hotel.

8 Answers Aug 9, 2016 at 10:36 AM

Easiest way to get to Victoria Station from Heathrow

by sass1217 Online Now Jul 27, 2016 at 11:46 AM

Hi! I'm looking for the easiest, not necessarily the quickest, way to get to Victoria from Heathrow. We will be traveling on a Saturday morning around 10:00. I have a 7 day travelpass covering zones 1-4. The less transfers, the better. Time is not necessarily of the essence, as we cannot check into our hotel until 14:00. We are traveling from the US for a 10 day stay, so will have at least 1, if not 2 bags each.

Thanks for your help!

10 Answers Jul 29, 2016 at 11:28 PM
    • live music during the day

by tentonnestevie Online Now Jul 26, 2016 at 12:48 PM

live music during the day

Hi, I'm going back to London with my girlfriend in a couple weeks and we were wondering where was the best place to find live music during the day on a Saturday? We're partial to a few pints and a bit of acoustic.

Cheers

4 Answers Jul 27, 2016 at 3:16 AM

Pub suggestions to catch a Tottenham match

by sass1217 Online Now Jul 25, 2016 at 4:05 PM

Hello,

My son & I will be visiting London in September, and although Tottenham is playing during that time, we can't fit an "away" game into our schedule. Is it customary for fans to go out and watch matches at pubs, as we do American football in the US? If so, we're looking for a fun and energetic Tottenham "friendly" pub to catch a match while we're in town. Thanks!!!!

-sass

7 Answers Jul 27, 2016 at 1:52 PM

Is Buckingham Palace a "can't miss" attraction?

by sass1217 Online Now Jul 25, 2016 at 3:58 PM

Hello,

My son & I will be in London while Buckingham Palace is open for visitation. I've already purchased the London Pass, and think we have enough to contend with already. We are history buffs, and I cannot wait to see Hampton Court Palace, but is BP a "must see"?

Also, what (if any) major attractions are (in your opinion) over-hyped and not worth the time?

Thanks!
      -sass

24 Answers Jul 27, 2016 at 1:21 PM
    • Best Hotel to Stay in London?

by reyes2016 Online Now Jul 22, 2016 at 11:50 AM

Hi I will be visiting London in month of August! So please guide me the best hotel to stay in Cheers!

8 Answers Jul 23, 2016 at 4:36 AM
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Considering a first time stay in Paddington station area vs. Gloucester Road underground area

by charlesracine Online Now Jul 22, 2016 at 10:45 AM

We have often stayed by Gloucester Road underground stop and this time considering Paddington as different area to visit and to use one of the Heathrow trains from Paddington station to LHR. We have a relatively early flight, 10:00 am departure from terminal 3 and thought this might be easier than a hotel directly at the airport the night before or a taxi from Gloucester Road underground area. We didn’t consider the Tube with the luggage and the travel time it would take. Gloucester area is nice, can that be said of Paddington station area too, considering the pubs, restaurants, sights, people, etc. All comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Also, thanks to all that answered my June posting.

11 Answers Jul 25, 2016 at 2:32 AM
    • English Teaching Courses in Asia

by Britontour Online Now Jul 16, 2016 at 12:11 PM

In which country in Asia can I follow a world class English teaching course? I'd like a 4 - 6 week intensive course. Which one is the best value for money?

7 Answers Jul 25, 2016 at 2:15 AM
    • Place for dinner and drinks

by chiad Online Now Jul 15, 2016 at 2:43 AM

Hi,
      Was wondering if there is any good place for dinner and drink around London eye? Taking team out tonight (5 of us), would like to be able to chat and connect with them while we drink. Budget £200. Thanks.

6 Answers Jul 19, 2016 at 4:51 PM
    • Best place to meet and take someone for the first time

by chiad Online Now Jul 11, 2016 at 2:26 AM

Hi, I am meeting someone at the airport and then we are going to spend some time together, being a Londoner I have this pressure to show her some good time..I prefer to relax and chill yet have a quality time. Is there any nice iconic bar or restaurant which might be unusual for a first date?

32 Answers Jul 13, 2016 at 12:58 PM
    • Cost of accommodations

by Lindawig Online Now Jul 8, 2016 at 1:07 PM

Three women hoping to find triple room in London hotel in late September. How much should we expect to pay for a nice, not luxury, room in a central location? Thanks!

12 Answers Jul 9, 2016 at 9:19 PM
    • Transportation from Southampton to Heathrow

by yuriG Online Now Jul 8, 2016 at 6:45 AM

How can I get from the port Southampton to the airport Heathrow?

5 Answers Jul 8, 2016 at 4:09 PM
    • accomodation east london

by robertjbarker Online Now Jul 6, 2016 at 11:23 PM

clean dwelling,for Mum Dad and young daughter air bnb etc reasonably priced in east London
      thank you Robert

7 Answers Jul 7, 2016 at 1:30 PM
    • vghunnur's Profile Photo

London pass

by vghunnur Online Now Jul 4, 2016 at 5:20 AM

How useful or value for money is 'The London Pass'?

10 Answers Jul 5, 2016 at 10:53 AM
    • What is the nearest YHA or backpackers to Canada Water tube ??

by dewijones Online Now Jul 4, 2016 at 3:28 AM

What is the nearest YHA or backpackers to Canada Water tube ??
      thanks

6 Answers Jul 4, 2016 at 11:16 AM
    • 15 hour transit/ stopover?

by Suki74 Online Now Jul 3, 2016 at 2:57 PM

Hi all!
      I am soon to be travelling to Mauritius with my 2 small children from London.
      We have a 15 hour transit.
      My daughter has learning disabilities, she will be using her pushchair.
      I was wanting to know about assistance at Dubai and what I can arrange prior to travel. Any advice gratefully received.

2 Answers Jul 4, 2016 at 12:05 AM
    • Deciding between 2 hotels in London

by Tally81 Online Now Jul 1, 2016 at 3:53 AM

I need advice in choosing between two hotels (London house hotel in Bayswater) and (Bladford near madame tussauds). The first is less expensive, slightly larger room, better rated, but I hear the location is crowded. The bladford is nice, but more expensive, but the location seems nicer than bayswater. Any ideas/advice? thank you!

4 Answers Jul 1, 2016 at 11:28 PM
    • oRi_5's Profile Photo

Place to stay

by oRi_5 Online Now Jun 30, 2016 at 5:47 AM

Hi.
      I'm looking for some advice on the best place to stay - not necessarily in London but not sure where to post. We are looking into a holiday where we fly to Stansted and then we will be spending a day in Legoland, a day in Chessington and a visit to the Natural History Museum for sure...other days are not planned yet. We will be travelling with a 4 and 2 yr old. We would find it easier to stay in an apartment rather than a hotel as it's easier with kids... but not sure which would be the best area to look which would be the most accessible to all the different locations as there is some travelling distance to all obviously. Also, if it would be possible to get around via public transport or best to rent a car?

We would be travelling in October.

Thanks!

16 Answers Jul 4, 2016 at 1:27 AM
    • Best time to visit London

by MunishK Online Now Jun 29, 2016 at 4:56 AM

What is the best time and cheapest way (Direct or connecting flight) from New Delhi, India to London.

10 Answers Jun 30, 2016 at 1:35 AM
    • meeson's Profile Photo

friends visa

by meeson Online Now Jun 25, 2016 at 3:57 AM

Hi vt,ers
      I thought I would ask you guys before I research this as I know some of you will know. I have a friend from Saudi Arabia who is studying at Dublin University. Does he need a visa to come to London in the next 2 months. Saudi Arabia apparently has a deal with Ireland, something to do with not needing insurance but he is not sure about London. Any help would be more than welcome
      Thanks guys

3 Answers Jun 28, 2016 at 12:25 PM

We can fly to LHR or LCY and depart days later from LHR, what do you recommend?

by charlesracine Online Now Jun 8, 2016 at 10:27 AM

We can fly from mainland Europe to London LHR or to LCY and will depart several days later from LHR, which airport do you recommend? We have not used LCY previously but, are familiar with LHR and have often stayed by Gloucester Road underground. This time considering Paddington as different area to visit and to use the Hethro Express train from Paddington station to LHR . All comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

8 Answers Jun 11, 2016 at 8:30 PM

We can fly to LHR or LCY and depart days later from LHR, what do you recommend?

by charlesracine Online Now Jun 8, 2016 at 10:27 AM

We can fly from mainland Europe to London LHR or to LCY and will depart several days later from LHR, which airport do you recommend? We have not used LCY previously but, are familiar with LHR and have often stayed by Gloucester Road underground. This time considering Paddington as different area to visit and to use the Hethro Express train from Paddington station to LHR . All comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

2 Answers Jun 10, 2016 at 10:23 AM
    • 12 hours layover. Any ideas?

by Corbama Online Now Jun 6, 2016 at 1:02 PM

I will be on a layover for 12 hours in Heathrow Airport on the 22nd and wondering what should I do? I will land at 8 and leave around 9pm so it is like perfect timing. I am a little nervous but I think I will be ok. Any suggestions? I want to see down town and couple must see attractions close to each other. Any cheap guides that will meet and take you train rides, and places to see? Any help is appreciated.

13 Answers Jun 17, 2016 at 9:45 AM
    • theflickguy's Profile Photo

Cigars at Gatwick

by theflickguy Online Now Jun 5, 2016 at 3:43 PM

Hello,

The last time I went through Gatwick duty free, I don't remember seeing a great selection of cigars. I'm looking to bring back a box of decent Cubans (e.g. Romeo and Juliette), does anyone know if anything like that is available and what to expect for pricing?

Thanks!
      Kelly

1 Answer Jun 6, 2016 at 2:20 AM
    • theflickguy's Profile Photo

Best pubs in Westminster?

by theflickguy Online Now Jun 5, 2016 at 3:23 PM

Hello, we'll be staying a couple of nights at the Doubletree Westminster. Can anyone recommend a nice pub that serves good food?
      Thanks!

7 Answers Jun 7, 2016 at 8:58 AM
    • Mikebb's Profile Photo

Best Phone Sim Card for England, France & Italy

by Mikebb Online Now Jun 3, 2016 at 7:57 PM

Hi
      We will be arriving London 20th June and be in England for 10 days, then France 13 days, Monaco 1 day, and Italy 6 days.

We only need our phone for occasional use, basically so family in Australia can contact us immediately and a few calls to relatives in England.

Appreciate all recommendations

9 Answers Jun 11, 2016 at 3:17 PM
    • Hoho tour

by Indisi Online Now Jun 3, 2016 at 6:02 AM

Can we get any day tours (hoho type) starting and finishing from Heathrow Airport, Windsor or any other nearby places as we will be staying in this area and do not plan to catch a tour from Central London. Moreover, we have already visited all the attractions in the Central London area during our last trip. We will be here for 3 days. Thanks!

2 Answers Jun 3, 2016 at 7:11 AM
    • Shuttle bus

by Indisi Online Now Jun 3, 2016 at 5:54 AM

What is the best mode of transportation from Heathrow Airport to the hotels on Bath Road?

2 Answers Jun 3, 2016 at 6:25 AM
    • sandeepgarg's Profile Photo

Gatwick Arrivals

by sandeepgarg Online Now Jun 2, 2016 at 3:40 AM

What is the normal time for getting out for an international passenger arriving at Gatwick?

Are some sort of London attraction tickets etc. available in the Gatwick Arrival area, or is it better to buy them online?

Thanks

3 Answers Jun 2, 2016 at 9:19 AM