Lombok

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Fresh pork

Medan Nov 14, 2016 at 9:00 AM

What markets in Medan, Indonesia sell fresh pork for cooking at home?

more
    • chaotic1's Profile Photo

Best place to buy toys, dollhouse, carved scale furniture

Bali 15 hours ago

I am a miniaturist and I have seen some beautiful Indonesian scale furniture for dollhouses so I would like to know the best area to find anything like that. We will be staying in Ubud and probably taking some craft classes there. Also interested in a cooking class.

more
    • Private Driver wanted

Surabaya Nov 29, 2016 at 10:45 AM

Coming to Surabaya 12/7 to 12/20 to visit friends, have a rental car, looking for a good driver for intermittent driving, inside and outside of the city, male or female no preference as long as a good driver

more
    • scotontour's Profile Photo

Top three towns to visit in Bali

Bali Nov 14, 2016 at 12:06 AM

If members were to pick from their own experience to stay for 2/3nights at each....where would They chose as top three towns on the island to visit in January.

more
    • scotontour's Profile Photo

Top Three Locations on Island to stay

Bali Nov 13, 2016 at 5:48 AM

Can members advise from their experience of actually visiting, can they advise ...
      if they could spend two or three days in each --- what is their top three locations.
      There are so many locations around the island it would be good to get feedback. I shall stay close to airport on first and last day of trip but will go anywhere which is recommended from there

more
    • Nhwany's Profile Photo

Bali-jogyakarta-surabaya-bandung

Bali Nov 10, 2016 at 12:06 AM

Hi,
      I need help how to go to jogyakarta from bali and from jogyakarta i want to go surabaya and bandung,is there any bus or train beside taking the flight.
      Thanks,Much appreciated

more
    • last 2 night splurge

by RenaD Online Now Oct 28, 2016 at 8:26 AM

Looking for a beautiful hotel on the beach for our last 2 nights on Lombok celebrating birthdays and anniversary. I am looking at Tugu and Qunci villas. I love a beautiful beach and the beach at Tugu looks nicer than Qunci Villa. Advice and any other suggestions would be great. Thanks

3 Answers Oct 31, 2016 at 8:08 AM
    • snorkeling and beautiful beach

by RenaD Online Now Oct 18, 2016 at 8:46 AM

Looking for the best snorkeling experience and cannot decide between north gili and southwest gili. Also, looking for a beautiful beach for the last few days of our trip and wondered about selong balanak . We are traveling with our 3 adult children and saw Villa Atas which looks beautiful but only has 1 review. I am a little nervous about booking without knowing a little about the area. Any other advice for beach spots would be appreciated.

2 Answers Oct 18, 2016 at 1:54 PM
    • How many days to spend in Senaru

by RenaD Online Now Oct 18, 2016 at 8:06 AM

We are not climbing and want to hike the waterfall and visit local villages. We have a reservation at Rinjani Lodge for 1 night but wondered if I should stay 2 nights. Is there enough to do if you are not a climber?

1 Answer Oct 18, 2016 at 1:58 PM
    • Rainy days in Lombok!

by ShannonHartmann Online Now May 3, 2016 at 8:16 PM

I am heading to Lombok tomorrow and the forecast looks like rain and storms for the next week :(

Any suggestions for activities on rainy days?

Thank you!

5 Answers May 4, 2016 at 4:49 AM
    • Riding around Lombok

by Jo301274 Online Now Apr 13, 2016 at 2:19 AM

Hi Everyone,
      My hubby and I will be in Lombok for 4 nights or so. We were thinking of taking our time and riding around the island on scooters. Would appreciate your thoughts on this. We have bike licences back home and will have international licences ect. Wondering what the roads are like? Any to avoid ect. If anyone has an ideas on an itinerary? And accommodation along the way? Can't seem to find much info on the net.
      Thanks in advance for any ideas you can throw our way :)
      Cheers
      Tim and Jo

10 Answers Apr 19, 2016 at 10:10 PM
    • isa-baerchen's Profile Photo

Transport Gili Air to Kuta Lombok

by isa-baerchen Online Now Oct 18, 2015 at 11:09 PM

Dear fellow travelers,

We're currently on Gili Air and want to go to Kuta Lombok afterwards. Can anyone recommend a a cheap transport to get there.

We were thinking about taking the ferry to Bangsal and then probably a cab. Does anyone know the proper rates for the ferry and the cab?

Thanks in advance!

Best,
      Isabel

7 Answers Mar 8, 2016 at 4:46 PM
    • On a budget

by farhana_osthman Online Now Sep 15, 2015 at 6:59 PM

I'll be going on a holiday by the end of October for 3 days.
      Any advice on how to travel around? Which is better, by renting a car or just take a taxi?
      Whats the budget for all (excluding hotel & flight)?
      Thanks!

8 Answers Feb 29, 2016 at 12:27 AM
    • MariaP65's Profile Photo

day trip to Gili's or.....

by MariaP65 Online Now Jul 23, 2015 at 11:06 AM

wondering if day trips are enough to experience the Gili islands or should be spend a few nights and on what island? Gili T?
      the plan is the spend 3 nights Bali, 6 nights Lombok, 3 nights Gili T.... and can we leave from Gili T to DPS in one trip? flight leaves at 4pm international ... or should we get an airport hotel for the night before??
      Thanks alot
      M

6 Answers Jul 25, 2015 at 1:02 AM
    • SeetaKaur's Profile Photo

Big Luggage Problem from Bali to Gili

by SeetaKaur Online Now May 31, 2015 at 9:40 AM

Hi,

Is there anyone can offer solution where to store luggage?

We are leaving from ubud, then planning to stay at gili air for 2 days then lombok for another 3 days then go back to our next destination at bali in seminyak area.

Problem here, we have two large luggages which i am not sure if its gonna be great idea to carry it with the jetty to gili air ( We still can't find hotel we love to stay here, most of we preferred already fully booked). Travel with it to lombok and back to bali again

I am thinking of few options, leaving it at our ubud resort ( Still waiting for their confirmation if they are willing to do this to hold our luggages for 5 days ).

So we would love to hear your experiences here, what would be solution that makes more sense :)

And thank you very much in advance

2 Answers Jun 1, 2015 at 4:24 AM
    • IS Lombok safe for foreigners

by alwa Online Now Mar 26, 2015 at 3:38 AM

There has been a rapid spread of the paramilitary criminal organization throughout Lombok in the past 2 years. These criminals are armed and dangerous, they wear full military uniforms and often use this to intimidate their victims althought they arealso not afraid to use their weapons including bush knives and pistols. This is a extremist paramilitary criminal organization run mainly by people from Bima (Sumbawa) , a well known breeding ground for Islamic extremists. IS LOMBOK SAFE FOR FOREIGN TOURISTS?

11 Answers Apr 8, 2015 at 10:38 AM
    • dragontml's Profile Photo

accommodation

by dragontml Online Now Oct 29, 2014 at 11:12 PM

Hi travelers, we will be traveling to Lombok first time in May 2015 and would like to know best area for us to stay. Ease to move around to beach / street food / restaurants.
      We have four nights and thinking of splitting the say in two different locations.

Thanks !

7 Answers May 5, 2015 at 1:19 PM
    • Booking flights with Lion Air

by Aroha4u Online Now Oct 5, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Hi, I am wanting to book flights with Lion Air in busy season (January) and their website doesn't allow overseas credit cards. Can someone please tell me how I can go about booking as I don't want to miss out on seats? Thanks

3 Answers Oct 18, 2015 at 11:04 PM
    • TracyKT2014's Profile Photo

Convenience Stores

by TracyKT2014 Online Now Mar 16, 2014 at 4:54 AM

Are there any convenience stores in Senggigi eg Circle K or Mini Mart?

4 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 3:24 AM
    • Travelling around Lombok

by Dandan23 Online Now Mar 10, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Hi I am travelling to Lombok in May. My difficulty is being a first timer there is so much I want to see. Is it worthwhile travelling around the island and staying in different accommodation, or just doing day trips and basing myself in senneggi? I would like to see the waterfalls, do a couple of surfing lessons, go to spas and the markets, and do a horse ride on the beach. Would it be worthwhile hiring a car and going around the island? Anyone done this and can give me tips to stay, places to see? I will also be going to the gilis for a few days- is gili t the most worthwhile?
      Thanks!

9 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 10:50 PM
    • Lombok tours

by Laryan Online Now Feb 14, 2014 at 11:59 AM

If you are on a cruise ship which docks in Harbour Take tender into Lombok Can you just hire taxi on the dock to take you around for a couple of hours without having to pay the formidable cruise ship prices for tours

5 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 11:55 AM
    • redhafaikah's Profile Photo

Lombok with a 1 year old

by redhafaikah Online Now Jan 26, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Hi there!
      I will be traveling to Lombok with my family of 2 adults, 2 x 60year olds and a 1yr old baby. Is there any activity you would suggest for people who are not too mobile? We will be spending 3 nights there so we hope to get at least 1 day of activity outside the resort in Senggigi. Tetebatu sounds very nice but would it be advisable with a 1yr old? We will be renting a car with driver and I reckon my parents would be able to walk for 30mins or so but unable to do steep treks. We like to experience local food and culture and would be great to see some nice scenery.

Any suggestions would be most welcome. :)

Thank you!

cheers,
      Red.

2 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 3:08 AM
    • ham1d1's Profile Photo

Scuba diving and climbing Mt Rinjani

by ham1d1 Online Now Jan 22, 2014 at 5:30 AM

My friend and I will be travelling to Lombok 11-14 April 2014. I plan to do scuba diving while my friend will climb the Mt Rinjani.
      Which part of Lombok would be the best to stay for the 1st night so that it will be easier for both of us to do our activities the next day?

3 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 12:00 PM
    • Looking for Manta Ray

by Chanccc Online Now Jan 15, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Diving at Lombok Islands , is it probably to see manta ray? Thank you!

3 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 5:48 PM
    • snorkeling

by Chanccc Online Now Jan 10, 2014 at 3:54 PM

which beach can we take snorkeling in lombok island

7 Answers Mar 16, 2014 at 3:05 PM
    • erinlouise's Profile Photo

Choosing an area and place to stay

by erinlouise Online Now Jan 9, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Hello, I'd like to stay in accommodation that is close to good body surfing and also shops/markets - within walking distance if possible! We are travelling with our 1 year old baby and would prefer not to be in cars as I understand that there are no baby seats in taxis/cars.
      Thanks for your assistance!

3 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 8:03 PM
    • wsloh's Profile Photo

Any Big Mac index comparison?

by wsloh Online Now Dec 2, 2013 at 6:37 AM

We know IDR is currently a low value currency, hence good time to visit Lombok. However, doesn't anyone here know some basic info on food cost index...

1) 1 can of Bintang Beer cost how much in IDR?
      2) A large pizza?
      3) a loaf of bread, 600g, ??
      4) 1litre tetrapak juice from the super market?

In order to get some ideas on what to expect in gems of cost?

1 Answer Dec 2, 2013 at 12:28 PM
    • travel tips over christmas

by lindacarnby Online Now Nov 17, 2013 at 4:37 AM

Hi!
      Im going to Lombok over christmas and new years, plan to go south west (if you dont have any other suggestions). But I need some tips. Im going on a budget, so need cheap accommodation. Also how hard is it to find accommodation if you dont pre-book?
      Terima Kasih!

6 Answers Nov 18, 2013 at 3:27 PM
    • cheekin22's Profile Photo

Lombok Airport To Gili Trawangan

by cheekin22 Online Now Oct 21, 2013 at 4:35 AM

Greetings,
      My friend and I will travel to Lombok in early of November.
      We will arrive by air in the noon time and wish to go directly to Gili Trawangan from the airport.
      Wish to check, Is there any public transportation go directly from the airport to the pier and then to Gili T?
      If so, How much does it cost?
      Do you think we have enough time to reach Gili T on our arrival day? (we will arrive around 12 noon)

Any tips would be very much appreciated :)
      Thanks.

6 Answers Oct 23, 2013 at 4:43 AM
    • accommodation for three young 50 yr olds

by sondrajean Online Now Oct 2, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Can someone recommend somewhere in Lombok to stay for 3 woman (50 yrs young lol) preferably with a separate sitting room. close to the action and lots of massages.

4 Answers Oct 30, 2013 at 2:14 AM
    • Leather goods

by Buddy0927 Online Now Sep 30, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Can you buy leather handbags in Lombok?

1 Answer Sep 30, 2013 at 1:58 AM
    • currency in Lombok villages

by Gggmmbb Online Now Sep 18, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Can you use Australian dollars to make purchases at the Lombok craft villages?

5 Answers Sep 29, 2013 at 5:44 AM
    • claudia87's Profile Photo

Transportation in Lombok

by claudia87 Online Now Aug 16, 2013 at 7:05 AM

I will visit Lombok in late September, and i'm looking forward to a driver/ guide to do a full day tour and the transfers from lembar harbour to the hotel, and from the hotel to the airport. But my agency is getting me a high price for that, about 400Us Dollars. My question is, it's easy to arrange in local any driver to do a full day tour? Is less expensive to take a blue bird taxi for the transfers? Very Thinkful.

9 Answers Sep 2, 2013 at 9:16 PM
    • cris2984's Profile Photo

lombok-flores

by cris2984 Online Now Jun 30, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Hello guys...I'm travelling to Indonesia this week...and I would like to have some tips in advance before go there.
      I want to go to Lombok, and after to Flores but i don`t want to flight and i rode in other webs already i can take a ferry and diferents buses but i hace to spend loke 2 days for arrive to Flores...is true???
      Somebody can tell me.
      How I can to do it? where I have to take the ferry or the bus. for arrive to Flores?? ...if anyone can help me please...thanks in advance :)

7 Answers Jul 13, 2013 at 4:00 AM
    • marrioage laws

by kabeeni Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 7:57 AM

i am forgiener i want to marry from indonesian girl , i want know what is the regulation and laws to get married

6 Answers Mar 25, 2013 at 5:42 PM
    • sarisavitri's Profile Photo

Trekking Rinjani on my own

by sarisavitri Online Now Jan 29, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I will go to Lombok this April. Is it possible to treck with our self to Mt. Rinjani? and how many days for the minimum to spend for this trekking? please i need some information. Regards!

7 Answers Nov 17, 2015 at 12:42 AM