VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Lombok Travel Answers

change location
Sibi3's Profile Photo

Where to change traveller's cheques

by Sibi3 Online Now Aug 14, 2007 at 10:49 PM

Hello again!

My holidays are coming closer and closer and I'm so looking forward to it! There are two questions I would like to ask you:

1) Where can I change Traveller Cheques? Is this only possible in Mataram or are there other places where I can do that?

2) I would love to go to a market and I already know that there is one in Kuta (Wednesday and Sunday if I remember right). Are there other places to go to the market?

Thank you!

Regards,

Sibylle

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • jchills's Profile Photo

Re: Where to change traveller's cheques

by jchills Online Now Aug 16, 2007 at 7:22 PM

I suggest you change your money in Bali as the rate will be better. There are money changers in Sengigi. I use the one in the "mall" in the centre of Sengigi but I have used cash.
    There is a large market in Mataran which is fun to go to if you like to see a true indonesian market. May need someone to take you around though. Can i suggest you talk to the massage girls who work on the beach in front of the Intan in Sengigi. They would make a good guide for you as I found them very trustworthy and helpful.
    In you want more details email me OK
    cheers
    john

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Sibi3's Profile Photo

Re: Where to change traveller's cheques

by Sibi3 Online Now Aug 17, 2007 at 4:00 AM

Hi John

Thanks a lot for your replies, but I'm not going to Bali at all. I do also not require a money changer, but a bank or a hotel etc. to cash traveller cheques.

I'll ask the massage girls for the markets and I'm already looking forward to a massage =).

Can anybody else help me with the traveller cheques question?

Thanks a lot!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines