change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

Daily excursions to castles and river tours

by Pawtuxet Online Now Jan 7, 2016 at 7:27 AM

My family is planning to visit several small villages in the Loire Valley next year. Thinking of staying between Angers and Saumur. Does anyone have experience with one day castle and/or river tours leaving from Angers or Saumur? Many thanks in advance. Janet in R.I., USA.... "Pawtuxet"

7 Answers Jan 8, 2016 at 5:29 AM
    • Loire Tour Companies

by lvregan Online Now Mar 25, 2015 at 4:29 PM

We're looking into doing a tour of the Loire Chateaux's and are trying to find a reputable company to guide us. We're primarily looking into a company called Quart de Tours with a website of Wondering if anyone could shed some light on this company? Thank you in advance. Vince

8 Answers Mar 26, 2015 at 4:29 PM
    • Seeing the chateaux

by cathy9510usa Online Now Feb 10, 2015 at 1:41 AM

We'll be in the Loire region with basically only a full day to see what we can (staying in Blois, so we'll definitely see that one).

However, I don't think we'll want to see the interiors as much as the outsides and surroundings (gardens, etc.). My idea was to go from Blois to Amboise, Chenonceau (possibly visit interior), maybe Chaumont, and Chambord.

I know Amboise is very visible from various viewpoints, but are many other chateaux visible from their surroundings and can be photographed without paying to enter?

Thanks very much for any help you can give.

10 Answers Feb 11, 2015 at 8:36 AM
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

Best way to see the Loire

by roamer61 Online Now Nov 2, 2013 at 6:07 AM

I am thinking about, as a possible option, the Loire valley for 2015. If I was to do this, how is the best way to do it?
      Should I take a tour or can it somehow be done more independently? I should point out, I do not drive.

6 Answers Nov 2, 2013 at 3:24 PM
    • Chateau Card

by grumpyoldlady Online Now Apr 15, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Crazy question - is there a "chateau card" which we can buy which will allow us access in to a number of the chateaux rather than pay for individual entrances - does anyone know of one. We do similar things in the UK

Many thanx

3 Answers Apr 16, 2013 at 7:57 AM