Lithuania

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Airport to city center

Vilnius Jul 30, 2016 at 11:01 AM

Best and cheapest way from airport to city center late at night?
      My plane arrives around 10 P.M.

Thanks

4 Answers Aug 1, 2016 at 7:06 AM
    • ViennaXLarge's Profile Photo

Join an day trip group tour to the Curonian Spit

Klaipeda Jul 16, 2016 at 7:59 AM

Hello to everyone!
      This year i will make a trip to Sweden, Lithuania and Latvia. During this journey I will also be for a whole day in Klaipeda. I've searched on the Internet for someone who organize a group tour along the curonian spit(see some dunes, etc,... )Unfortunately the companies I've found offered only private tours(at least 2 persons), but I didn't found anybody to "collect" travellers for a group tour. Can somebody give the name of a company which organizes group tours, or is this the wrong way and I should explore the spit on myself? Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

7 Answers Jul 20, 2016 at 10:56 PM
    • A week in Vilnius / Kaunas

Vilnius Jun 30, 2016 at 11:05 PM

I am interested in visiting Vilnius this August and thought that a whole week in Vilnius is too much, so I am considering to spend the first 5 nights in Vilnius and the last 2 nights in Kaunas. What do you think?
      Do you suggest any day trips from both cities please? actually we are interested in countryside, highlands, lakes, shopping and also some lovely old villages maybe. We might also be interested in a good museum or a brewery, etc.

21 Answers Jul 20, 2016 at 12:21 AM
    • STEVENMENT's Profile Photo

PANEVEZYS & RIETAVAS

Rietavas Jun 13, 2016 at 5:22 AM

Is it possible to visit both these towns in one day if driving from Vilnius?

3 Answers Jun 13, 2016 at 2:56 PM
    • STEVENMENT's Profile Photo

BUS STATION

Rietavas Jun 13, 2016 at 5:20 AM

Is it possible to leave bags at the bus station in Rietavas?

1 Answer Jun 13, 2016 at 11:41 AM
    • Vilinuisto Trakia

Trakai Jun 12, 2016 at 10:47 AM

Can you tell me which bus number to trakia from Vilinuis Please?

Thank you

1 Answer Jun 12, 2016 at 11:04 AM
    • Carlyjam's Profile Photo

Safe for woman alone?

Lithuania May 21, 2016 at 1:47 AM

Hi
      I was thinking about spending 10/12 days in Lithuania. Starting in Vilnius and moving round a few cities/towns. How safe would this be alone and what level of language would I need? I've heard a lot of Polish is spoken in Vilnius. I speak a basic level of Polish and understand a lot more spoken. I'm English, but I'm thinking English and a smattering of Polish wouldn't be enough in smaller places? Thanks for any help :) Carly

11 Answers May 23, 2016 at 1:21 AM
    • Lithuanian railways

Kaunas May 17, 2016 at 1:06 PM

Hi, where can I find train timetables for Lithuania? Is it possible to travel by train from Kaunas to Klaipeda?

Thanks, Johannes

17 Answers May 20, 2016 at 2:18 PM
    • Agroturism or country inns between Siauliai and Jurbarkas

Lithuania Apr 21, 2016 at 7:36 PM

Hi,
      We will be driving from Palanga to Vilnius via Siauliai in May. From Siauliai we plan to go via Jurbarkas toward Kaunas along the river route. Can anyone recommend a nice place to stay one night between Siauliai and Jurbarkas?

1 Answer Apr 25, 2016 at 10:42 PM
    • TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

Lux Express Eliminating Trips to Vilnius

Vilnius Mar 5, 2016 at 3:46 PM

A few weeks ago several of you were very nice in helping me find some bus routes from Warsaw to Vilnius. However when I went to book the only afternoon trip between the two cities Lux Express and Simple Lux no longer showed any trips. Am I missing something or does Lux Express still travel from Warsaw to Vllnius? Thanks in advance for helping me out again!

2 Answers Mar 5, 2016 at 11:37 PM
    • Simple Express or Ecolines?

Vilnius Feb 17, 2016 at 6:42 AM

I am travelling from Berlin to Vilnius by bus in March. I am quite a tall guy with way too long legs, and I am trying to figure out what bus company I should pick if I want to get most legroom.
      I have tried Eurolines before, and while their Business Coach is quite comfortable, it does not seem to operate on the Vilnius route, so I would like to hear your opinions about Simple Express and Ecolines. Which one should I pick for better comfort?

1 Answer Feb 19, 2016 at 12:02 PM

Options for Bus or Train From Warsaw

Vilnius Jan 29, 2016 at 10:27 AM

Planning on a trip to this area in late Spring and while bus transportation on Lux and Eco Lines is pretty good in the area there are limited options between the Vilnius and Warsaw. Three of the four options involve overnight trips on the bus.

Are there any options currently available, that I am missing, that get you from Warsaw (please identify station) into Vilinus in the late afternoon or very early evening? Thanks !

6 Answers Feb 2, 2016 at 11:36 PM
    • Looking for a book

Kaunas Nov 17, 2015 at 3:56 PM

Hello, I am looking for a Georgian poem in English - "The Knight in Panther Skin" by Georgian poet Shota Rustaveli.
      Do you have any idea where can I find this book to buy, even the used one? I really need it.

Thank you in advance!

1 Answer Nov 17, 2015 at 11:03 PM
    • Help in creating itinerary

Lithuania Nov 14, 2015 at 12:29 PM

Hi fellow VirtualTourist,

We would like to ask for your help in planning our trip to both Latvia and Lithuania. We would like to create some itinerary with your input so that we can visit and see those things that you feel best represents the country. We posted something earlier but now have a more definite idea of dates.

We have about 10 usable days between July 4 and July 15 to explore both places. If you feel that it is not enough time for both pls. say so. Our first choice then would be Latvia. My wife’s family hails from Riga.

We would leave from Lausanne/Geneva, Switzerland on July 3. We have to be in Warsaw, Poland on July 15.

In addition to in location itineraries we would appreciate your opinions on the best way to get from Latvia to Lithuania. Best by train, bus or air. If by air which airline, if bus which bus company. Also, best way to get to Warsaw from Lithuania. Of prime importance for us is to visit Vilnius as part of any itinerary.

We would also welcome thoughts on accommodations possibly for use as our base and accessible to transportation.

We are both curious of people, place and culture. My wife (58yo) is a 5th grade science teacher and I am somewhat retired (66yo) and “always exploring” interesting things. We are in good health and 2 summers ago spent fabulous 6 weeks exploring Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Serbia, Hungary, and southern Poland.

Pls. don’t hesitate to ask any questions you might have to help you help us.

Thank you for your time in reading this request as well as for your time in providing a thoughtful response.

Jack and Robin

2 Answers Jan 11, 2016 at 12:32 AM
    • Vilnius to Kaunas airport

Vilnius Nov 4, 2015 at 3:44 AM

Hi all, can I get a train directly from Vilnius centre to Kaunas airport or do I need to change or use busses?

Thanks

4 Answers Nov 4, 2015 at 4:34 AM
    • ramada hotel

Vilnius Oct 2, 2015 at 12:53 PM

Can you tell me if the ramada suites hotel is far from pilies street

3 Answers Oct 3, 2015 at 7:56 AM

Recommendation on Bus Line and Days

Vilnius Sep 24, 2015 at 1:04 PM

I see that there are two bus companies running between Warsaw and Vilnius, Eco Lines and Lux. Any recommendations on which one is more comfortable and on-time? it looks like a horribly long trip but the buses have features that many lines don't.

Second question, any advice on how many days to allocate in Vilnius as part of a seven day excursion to Vilnius, Riga and Tallinin? Thanks for your advice.

8 Answers Nov 11, 2015 at 5:16 PM
    • Sporting in Lithuania

Lithuania Sep 17, 2015 at 12:13 AM

Is there a sporting club chains in Lithuania which you can trust. Also were to buy sporting goods?

7 Answers Sep 25, 2015 at 12:48 AM
    • Palanga and the coast in late September/ beginning of October + car rental - pros and cons...

Lithuania Aug 27, 2015 at 12:54 PM

Hi-
      We'll be in Lithuania for a week, starting on September 27th. It's our first time there.
      Is it worth renting a car and driving up to the coast at this time of the year?

Any recommendations and opinions regarding renting a car for a part of this trip (preferably convincing and well-explained opinions...) will be very much appreciated... Should we rent one? For how long (considering we do want to spend a few days in Vilnius and Trakai)? If we do rent a car - where should we go? (we're interested especially in nature and photography, less in history/religion).
      Thanks,
      Ana.

8 Answers Sep 5, 2015 at 3:33 AM
    • public toilets and food

Kaunas Aug 15, 2015 at 8:36 AM

1 is easy to find public toilets in kaunas.
      2 do you find gluten free products in kaunas

3 Answers Nov 11, 2015 at 5:20 PM
    • Vilnius to Birzai

Vilnius Jun 10, 2015 at 4:21 AM

How far is it from Vilnius airport to Birzai and how much would it cost for the bus or taxi.

5 Answers Jun 11, 2015 at 12:33 AM
    • Restaurants,tattoo and shopping

Kaunas Apr 21, 2015 at 9:22 AM

Top 3 restaurants in Kaunas? where do lokals go for dinner? We have 3 days and one is celebrating a birthday. We don't like "turisty" places, but rather to go to popular lokal places. And experience the real life of Kaunas. Are there any good tattoo shops? And are there any nice lithuanian clothing shops (not H&M etc)

6 Answers Apr 21, 2015 at 8:59 PM
    • Restaurants,tattoo and shopping

Kaunas Apr 21, 2015 at 6:37 AM

Top 3 restaurants in Kaunas? where do lokals go for dinner? We have 3 days and one is celebrating a birthday. We don't like "turisty" places, but rather to go to popular lokal places. And experience the real life of Kaunas. Are there any good tattoo shops? And are there any nice lithuanian clothing shops (not H&M etc)

2 Answers Apr 24, 2015 at 5:21 AM
    • Nightlife in Panevezys

Panevezys Mar 31, 2015 at 6:48 AM

is there any good night clubs og pubs in Panevezys?

1 Answer Mar 31, 2015 at 7:06 AM
    • meeson's Profile Photo

cut throat shave anywhere ?

Vilnius Dec 11, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Hi vt'ers
      When I'm in Vilnius in Jan I will want to treat myself to a cut throat shave a barbers. Is there anywhere I can do this around Vilnius centre. I like to do this as you can't take razors on the plane in hand luggage and it's always a nice treat.
      thanks

5 Answers Dec 12, 2014 at 4:59 AM
    • meeson's Profile Photo

what coat should I take ?

Vilnius Nov 26, 2014 at 10:09 AM

hi vt'ers

im off to Vilnius in January. do I need to take a thick winter coat. I will have jumpers and a jacket with me but seems as im staying in the centre and won't be walking much I don't really want to be saddled with a thick heavy coat when I'm out and about. it will be a pain when I go to the bars etc.
      look forward to hearing your views
      thanks

8 Answers Dec 5, 2014 at 6:08 AM
    • Flying late into Vilnius

Lithuania Nov 21, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Hello,

I am looking to book a ticket to Vilnius in April but I will be arriving around 10:30 p.m. and was wondering if I would still be able to catch a bus, taxi, or train to the hostel that I've booked?

4 Answers Dec 5, 2014 at 6:13 AM
    • meeson's Profile Photo

shopping in vilnius

Vilnius Nov 14, 2014 at 2:19 AM

hi vt'ers
      i'll be in Vilnius in January and was going to treat myself to a nice winter coat. will I be able to find some there and will they be cheaper than in the UK. doesn't matter if they are nearly the same price, it will give me something to do one afternoon. also I'm quite latge so will I be able to purchase larger sizes.
      thanks in advance

3 Answers Dec 5, 2014 at 6:18 AM
    • meeson's Profile Photo

euros or litas jan 2015

Vilnius Oct 21, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Hi vt'ers
      I'm off to Vilnius on the 6th January. The euro comes in on the 1st Jan but I can use litas until 15th Jan. Should I take some euros or litas with me. I'm thinking about getting the best deal eg. food and drink. also will I only be able to get euros out of the banks once I am there.
      I was thinking maybe take some litas then get euros out of the machine. I don't want to pay 2 euros for a beer when, if I pay in litas it might be half the price.
      Its' a poser I know but would be nice to hear from seasoned travellers and what you have to say in respect of advice
      Thanks

8 Answers Dec 5, 2014 at 6:28 AM
    • marrrija's Profile Photo

Erasmus Student 2014/2015 questions

Vilnius Aug 26, 2014 at 2:27 AM

I have read some pretty useful advice here about everything going on in Vilnius.But I would like to ask also about the costs of food, the dormitories and in general cost of life because I would like only to use my Erasmus scholarship while living there.

And also if there is anyone who is an erasmus student going these year , you can write me and we can get to know each other, it's really easier when you have a companion.I am from Macedonia and I am going there to study German Language and Literature. :)

5 Answers Sep 9, 2014 at 3:48 AM