i am planning to visit holland with my family just to see tulip bubfields in first week.of april 2014
i dont want to get disappointed going so far and seeing them in budding stage.
1. is first week of april right time??
2. are there any other places other than keukenhof gardens to see these multi coloured fields around amsterdam?
3 since it is high season i expect to be overcrowded is there any specific timings in a day where i can escape from the crowd like early morning or afternoon or weekends etc.
4. the entrance ticket to gardens is also valid for those bulb fields?
Is there any information at this time about how the extreme cold this winter may affect the timing of the tulip blossoms? We are hoping to visit about the 12th and 13th of April. If the tulips are not ready, would we expect something else worth seeing at Keukenhof?
is first week of april too early to see tulip fields? can any one from that region help me? please tell me the current status.
We are going to Lisse this spring to visit Keukenhof. Since we are travelling with our baby, I have several questions regarding :
1. Golden Tulips Lisse Hotel
- Does anyone have more info about this hotel?I was trying to find some reviews about this hotel but found only a few not-so-good ones.
- Are there any close supermarket or convenience store nearby since we are not opting for meals in their restaurant for 3 days and 2 nights.
- Also, the hotel page says that it is close (15min) to the beach but when I checked how to get to Noordwijk Aan Zee (assuming it is the beach referred by the hotel page), we still have to take the bus, then train then bus again. Is there a better way by public transport?
2. Keukenhof Express Combi-Ticket
We plan to buy combi-ticket but our questions are:
- if we buy express bus ticket from schipol to keukenhof, can we get off at the hotel first and not in keukenhof and visit keukenhof the next day(see itinerary) or is the combi-ticket good for one day bus trip to keukenhof then return trip also at the same day?
- i noticed that is is the same price whether you come from amsterdam or schipol(€23). If we buy ticket from schipol going to keukenhof, and plan to go to amsterdam after, is the ticket still valid on the bus from schipol to amsterdam?
Our itinerary for 2 days would be:
1st day - hotel check-in in the afternoon then go to the nearest beach
2nd day - keukenhof whole day
3rd day - hotel check-out, quick visit to amsterdam
The itinerary is still not final, though. It depends on the info we would get.
Thanks so much in advance :)
Are there any relatively cheaper breakfast options in or around the Keukenhof? Any recommendations? Our hotel charges appx 20 euros per person for breakfast, which I think is really steep.
we are driving up this weekend.
What is the best way to travel from Haarlem to the Keukenhof flower gardens and how much time should we set aside for our visit to the gardens. We would also need to return to Haarlem. Thanks, Nancy
We are planning to visit Tulip field, but are advised to delay my trip as there are still no flowers in the fields. Can anyone please let me know about the current flower status of the fields and when should we visit Lisse ?
Thanks in Advance...
Hi to all!
My Aunt and my Mother are going to Lisse to see.....The tulips! (Whatelse?). Could you please let me know what would be the nearest town to stay , convenient to Lisse and in a "Gîte" type of accom.? They are planning to go in March-April and will have their own car.
Many Thanks for the info.
Can anyone please advise on how to get to the Keukenhof from Bloemenveiling Aalsmeer? We taking public transpo.
Thanks so much for your assistance!
Cheers from Vienna,