Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Transportation - Munich Airport to Sheraton Munich Arabellapark hotel

Munich Sep 30, 2016 at 4:36 AM

Could I get instructions from Munich Airport to Sheraton Munich Arabellapark hotel by train (including how and where to purchase tickets for 2 adults) arriving mid morning March 15th? We will be traveling by pubic transportation until March 17th is there a specific train ticket we should purchase for the 3 days that could save on costs? We plan to visit the Concentration Camp, a Beer Hall and a Castle.

• Cell Phone sim and Data plan

Munich Sep 30, 2016 at 5:04 AM

Could someone recommend the best type of SIM and 1 GB data plan to purchase for if I am traveling to Germany, Austria, Czech Republic and Slovakia? I have the unlocked iphone for Europe and will be there for two weeks and would like to be able to upload pictures without worrying about roaming charges.

• A.n.D.i.n.A's Profile Photo

How to get to Zugspitze, Germany

Bavaria Oct 2, 2016 at 1:24 AM

We will visit Hohenschwangau in a few weeks to see Neuschwanstein castle, we are oh so looking forward to it!
      And from Hohenschwangau, we would like to get to the top of Zugspitze.
      I tried to gather some information re this matter, but it is pretty confusing.
      Can anyone please help me out?
      Danke schön 

• Activities in Munich, Germany

Munich Sep 30, 2016 at 5:09 AM

We are in Munich and have March 15th to March 17th free, (joining a tour on the 17th evening) and would like to visit the Concentration Camp, Neuschwanstein Castle and a Beer Hall? Does anyone have suggestions regarding transportation, tours, etc. We are staying at Sheraton Munich Arabellapark

• Boat trips from Lindau

by LindsayU Online Now Jun 4, 2015 at 3:29 PM

Hi! Are there boat excursions I can take from Lindau? Where would I book this? Danke!

3 Answers Jun 8, 2015 at 7:13 AM
    • Lunch/dinner boats Lindau

by repen Online Now May 4, 2015 at 1:39 PM

Are there Lunch and or dinner boat excursions that go our from Lindau on the lake. Or boat tours from there?

5 Answers May 5, 2015 at 11:43 AM
    • Lindau / Lake Konstanz in Easter April 2014

by Mitz13 Online Now Mar 26, 2014 at 8:56 AM

We are a couple with a 2 year old daughter and wish to travel to Lindau & Lake Constance in April 2014 during Easter. How is the weather during this period historically and will there be tourists shops / travel boats / restaurants open during this time.
      We want to make Lindau our base with a holiday apartment for 4-5 nights. Any suggestions on nearby excursions / car drives most welcome...will be hiring a car from Memmengin airport.
      Thanks so much for your time.

3 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 8:13 AM
    • 6hrs in lindau

by Drghazi Online Now Oct 1, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Hi can we explore lindau in 6 hrs,thank u

2 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 10:27 PM
    • from munich

by Drghazi Online Now Sep 29, 2013 at 11:02 PM

hi best way to do day trip to landau from munich ,back in same day
      3adults,which ticket?
      is it worthy to visit
      what we can do?
      thank u

5 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 9:47 PM
    • Best area of Lindau to stay

by bengurdus Online Now Sep 28, 2013 at 2:02 PM

We plan to stay in Linday for one night on the 7th of October. Is the the island the best area to stay?

5 Answers Sep 29, 2013 at 9:00 PM
    • Lindau for kids

by keoghv Online Now Jul 8, 2013 at 2:33 AM

What can 13 year old's do in Lindau

2 Answers Jul 8, 2013 at 3:57 AM
    • the easiest way to get from Munich airport

by C_N Online Now Aug 19, 2011 at 2:35 PM

Hello everybody. I am going to visit Lindau on a business trip. Could you, please, help me with some transport navigation?
      I am arriving next Monday at Munich Airport. What is the shortest/easiest/cheapest way to get to Lindau Hbf? My boss won't repay me taxi, so it is local trains/buses only :(
      P.S. gives me up to 4 transfers which makes me puzzled if it is the shortest way ineed

11 Answers Aug 23, 2011 at 6:43 PM
    • johndoe78's Profile Photo

lodging in lindau in april 2011

by johndoe78 Online Now Jan 15, 2011 at 12:25 PM

We (with our children and toddlers) are planning to visit in April 2011 in Lindau. I tried to book B & B or a private room, but there is no vacant rooms because there are apparently doctors conference and vacation students at this time.
      Would love to have a recommendation to another city to stay in the area of the lake.
      I thought about bregenz but can not find a site that shows me such a tourist map of the region to understand what is there to visit the city (eg in the evening when returning to sleep in).

What is your recommendation?
      Does anyone know guest house or a zimmer that will be available at this time?

13 Answers Feb 17, 2011 at 12:49 PM
    • Travle from Friedrichshafen Airport to Lindau

by hardyam Online Now Nov 23, 2009 at 4:33 AM

Hi ,
      can you please inform me if there is a train that runs from Friedrichshafen Airport to Lindau. I am going for one night only and would like to know the easiest route from the Airport to Lindau.

i will be staying at Hotel Café Ebner - is this hotel close to the Chriostmas Market?

2 Answers Nov 23, 2009 at 5:46 AM
    • working in Lindau

by jillmdavies Online Now May 5, 2009 at 1:45 PM

my son is working in Lindau this summer. He is flying from the UK. Which major airport is the easiest, quickest and cheapest to travel from to Lindau - Munich? Zurich? Frankfurt?
      many thanks

4 Answers May 8, 2009 at 2:07 PM
    • Lindau to Fussen

by debbie08 Online Now Dec 12, 2008 at 3:32 PM

Hi, We want to travel from Lucerne to Fussen. The best way I can see on the map is through Zurich, Lindau and then on to Fussen. We will have rail passes. I have obtained info about each leg of the trip ie Lucerne to Zurich 45mins, Zurich to Lindau 2hrs, Lindau to Biesenhofen 2hrs but I can't get any info Biesenhofen to Fussen other than it takes 4-5hours. Does anyone know the fastest way by train or should we just hire a car? Many thanks.

3 Answers Dec 12, 2008 at 4:47 PM
    • Lindau to Konstanz

by Foxden Online Now Feb 19, 2008 at 11:59 AM

I will be visiting Germany from the US and want to drive from Tubingen in Baden Wurtemburg to Neuschwanstein for the day then get to Konstanz to a hotel the same night. I thought I could drive from Neuschwanstein to Lindau and take the ferry to Konstanz hotel. Is that too much? I will be traveling with my Dad who is 82 but in good health. How do I make ferry reservations now for April? Is that required. I speak just a little German.

7 Answers Feb 20, 2008 at 2:53 PM
    • RusskiPower's Profile Photo

Lindau Aerial View

by RusskiPower Online Now Jul 14, 2007 at 12:03 PM

Where do you think this picture was taken from? I would love to make a similar (but better) shot. :o)

Thanks a lot!

3 Answers Jul 15, 2007 at 3:40 AM
    • travelfrosch's Profile Photo

Lindau for 1 night in August:: Am I nuts?

by travelfrosch Online Now Apr 10, 2007 at 4:59 PM

Hi, all!

I'm toying with a trip itinerary involving travel from Munich to Switzerland at the end of August. I came up with the idea of purchasing a Bayern Ticket and taking local trains to Lindau, then staying overnight in Lindau, continuing into Switzerland the next morning on a Swisspass (paying for the bit from Lindau to St Margrethen).

My question: I know Lindau is a major vacation destination in August. Is there any chance of getting a room for 1 night somewhere midweek? If not, might there be a small village nearby with a B&B or something similar?

If I may ask another question :), does anyone have information on the boat from Lindau to Rorschach? Might it be possible to take an evening boat to Rorschach/St Gallen and stay overnight there?

Thanks for the help!

4 Answers Apr 11, 2007 at 4:52 PM
    • PhillyJohn's Profile Photo

boats to Switzerland

by PhillyJohn Online Now May 2, 2006 at 7:32 PM

Are there boat trips from Lindau to the Swiss side of Bodensee? If so, do they run on weekdays this early in the season?

8 Answers May 3, 2006 at 11:46 AM
    • Best route Lindau to Hohenschwangau

by ICBadger Online Now Feb 25, 2003 at 10:22 AM

What would be the most scenic auto route from Lindau to Hohenschwangau? Is it an easy drive during early May? Any advice is appreciated.