VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Lewis

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Oban SYHA hostel

Oban Jan 6, 2017 at 11:41 AM

Looking for comment or review on this place. In particular, the three or four bedded lodge.

more
    • whatshesaid's Profile Photo

World Nomad Insurance

Scotland Jan 2, 2017 at 9:28 PM

Hi. Has anyone used this for the rental car CDW insurance? In the fine print it says some won't accept it. That is the main reason I am buying travelers insurance. Thanks

more
    • day trips out of Oban

Scotland Jan 2, 2017 at 7:11 PM

Looking for ideas of day trips out of Oban (other than the islands). We won't have a car so will be depending on public transportation. Have an 11 year with us who likes castles, medieval history, and fiddle music.

THanks,

more
    • Traveling with baby for 1 month in Scotland. Help please!

Scotland Dec 31, 2016 at 10:14 AM

Hi there,

My husband and I are planning a trip to Scotland in the month of June. As we will be traveling with our baby daughter, we're hoping to find an area to base ourselves for the month (or split our time between two home bases; a couple of weeks in each place). We will be renting a car from Glasgow and returning to Glasgow at the end of the month. We would like to see the Highlands (possibly the Isle of Skye) and castles. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

more

Near Lewis

• Cheapest way to get to Lewis from Ullapool

by donna_bus Online Now Mar 3, 2009 at 4:15 AM

Can someone help me find out the cheapest way to get to Lewis from ullapool. I put down by a ferry, but im not sure about the routes like where to get the ferry and would it take me to Lewis? Thanks.

1 Answer Mar 3, 2009 at 6:05 AM
    • Stornoway to Tarbet

by homebird Online Now Jun 12, 2008 at 10:57 AM

How long would it take to drive from Stornoway to Tarbet, and is there a "best" route for the round trip. Where would be the best stop for a 4 year old to enjoy himself? Thank you!

9 Answers Jun 30, 2008 at 6:19 AM
    • Stornoway to Tarbet

by homebird Online Now Jun 12, 2008 at 10:55 AM

How long would it take to drive to Tarbet, and is there a "best" route for the round trip. Where would be the best stop for a 4 year old to enjoy himself? Thank you!

• Travelling to lewis

by thomasSt Online Now Mar 6, 2008 at 1:49 AM

hi was wondering if anyone could tell me the good sights on lewis for the best scenery? going there in the summer.

2 Answers Mar 9, 2008 at 1:11 AM
    • help

by billpcp Online Now Apr 25, 2005 at 3:30 AM

i am going to Lewis for a holiday in the summer and i was wondering if there are any good places of interest that i would enjoy anlo if there is good accomodation that would be great
      thanks
      bill

3 Answers Apr 27, 2005 at 1:01 PM