VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Leisure World

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Coronado Ferry to mainland for touring?

San Diego Dec 23, 2016 at 12:17 PM

Two young seniors spending 4 days in San Diego in February and staying on Coronado. Will have a car. Is it advisable to take the ferry back and forth to see (walk/ taxi) some of the mainland sites? Gaslamp Quarter, Little Italy, perhaps, Balboa Park (Zoo), etc.? How about if we want dinner on the mainland? Or should we drive to most places? Itinerary not set yet.
      Thanks.

more
    • Specific Location

Los Angeles Jan 6, 2017 at 6:48 AM

Hi. I posted another question about where to stay but am now more specific with areas. We will be going to Universal one day, Warner Brothers tour, doing things near Hollywood Blvd area, and then exploring other tourist things.

Which area/hotel is better...near Universal City (Studio City hotel) or Hollywood Blvd (Hollywood Celebrity hotel), near but off Hollywood Blvd a bit (Days Inn) or Thai Town (Dixie Hotel)? We will have a car but am thinking one of those.
      Have narrowed it down to one of those based on budget and not being too far from Universal and Hollywood Blvd area. We have Hollywood Celebrity booked (but we can cancel).

more
    • Ginastar's Profile Photo

Good hotels near to Alcatraz just a good location ?

San Francisco Dec 31, 2016 at 1:49 PM

Hey guys I'm travelling to San Fran for four days on my own In July
      First time ever so bit nervous but excited
      Have no idea what hotel to stay in that's near to Alcatraz and other areas to see
      I'm 27 from London
      Can any one help !!??? X

more
    • Where to Stay?

Los Angeles Jan 2, 2017 at 5:45 AM

We'll be coming to Los Angeles in the summer with our kids and will have 4 days to do touristy things (Hollywood walk of fame and Hollywood Blvd area, Universal Studios, Warner Brother's Tour, Santa Monica Pier, La Brae Tar Pits, etc).

I'm having trouble deciding on a hotel. We are on a budget since we'll need to keep money for LA plus 4 days at Disney. Anyone stayed at Days Inn near Hollywood Walk of Fame, Hollywood Celebrity, Comfort Inn...or hotels in Thai Town such as Dixie Hotel, Hollywood City Inn? We will most likely be renting a car for our LA days.

more
    • Day trip from LA to Joshua Tree?

Los Angeles Jan 4, 2017 at 1:48 PM

Young senior couple staying in Santa Monica with a car for 10 days in late February and thinking of a day trip to Joshua Tree National Park. Is that feasible? And if so, can I add a stop in Palm Springs to the day trip?

Thanks.

more
    • thelauneradventures's Profile Photo

Yosemite Village to Las Vegas best route

by thelauneradventures Online Now Mar 10, 2007 at 4:48 PM

I was hoping someone could help us out with the best route to take, leaving Yosemite village going to Las Vegas. This is a one day trip, with a 2 year old, 2 x teenages and mum and dad. Google says take the Bakersfield route. But what would you say?

2 Answers Mar 10, 2007 at 9:37 PM
    • hawaii

by kerrie61 Online Now Feb 26, 2007 at 5:26 PM

I am going to Hawaai in June never been before. would like any tips eg:where to go places to see,shopping eating out. Any imformation would be great.

3 Answers Feb 26, 2007 at 10:14 PM
    • DubaiRes's Profile Photo

From Los Angeles to Italy

by DubaiRes Online Now Feb 9, 2007 at 10:26 PM

Any world travellers out there that can give me some information regarding
      resonably priced air tickets from LA to Rome, Italy? I would rather have the shortest flying time as well ... or is that making it impossible?
      Thanks for input.

3 Answers Feb 10, 2007 at 7:23 AM
    • Illini's Profile Photo

Kayaking

by Illini Online Now Sep 29, 2006 at 9:21 AM

Hi! I Just moved from Illinois to California. Am looking for someone interested in Kayaking on the weekends in and around the bay area.
      thanks

2 Answers Sep 30, 2006 at 6:49 PM
    • Travel with pets

by CherieLee Online Now Aug 13, 2006 at 5:25 AM

I am planning to spend 3 to 4 months at my brother's house in San Jose, California. I live in Montreal, Canada and need to know if there are transport companies who will take my car (SUV), my Great Pyrenees (110 lbs.) and myself across country. I do not want to drive it alone and it is too expensive to fly my dog - over1200 return air cargo fare, plus the regulation kennel. I've heard some horrible stories about flying pets in cargo and don't want to subject her to that. Please let me have some ideas.

1 Answer Aug 13, 2006 at 12:59 PM
    • las vegas

by chickeefantastico Online Now Jun 12, 2006 at 4:10 PM

Hi
      My name is Christy travelling from the U.K. Having recently split from a long term relationship I would love to to travel and see the sights of las vegas. Travelling alone I would like to know where the best places are to see and stay? Are there any areas that I should avoid? when and where? or any places that I must see and that are safe and pleasant for a single female travelling alone. Also does anyone have any tips on eticate such as tipping and so on? any advice would be welcome.

3 Answers Jun 16, 2006 at 7:51 AM
    • sfyam's Profile Photo

San Francisco

by sfyam Online Now Apr 11, 2006 at 6:28 AM

I will be in San Francisco in early May. Anyone would like to meet up?

• Please help me with this 7 simple survey question

by andydarwin Online Now Feb 26, 2006 at 6:07 PM

Hi guys...I having a school project..and I need to do survey..so I think u guys here can help me.. thanks

surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=961...

thanks a lot

1 Answer Feb 27, 2006 at 4:07 PM
    • Disneyland trip

by dbshelby Online Now Jan 8, 2006 at 12:39 PM

Hello.. i would like any info anyone can share that has been there. Would like to stay in a nice, very clean hotel. I would like to know how many days to take in disneyland, and then also head to San Diego for Sea World. Any tips would be great. Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Mar 10, 2007 at 4:59 PM