Leiria

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Pena to Moors without the Moors

Sintra Aug 31, 2016 at 5:28 AM

Hi, we plan on seeing Pena and Quinta da Regaleira, but I read somewhere that there is a nice walking/hiking path from Pena to Moors with views to both of them. If there really is such a path, do I need to go into the castle of the Moors as well when we reach it (we don't plan on paying the fee and going inside) or does the path lead in front of it/near it somewhere? Sorry about the unclear question, but I can't seem to find any further info about that walking trail.

more
    • 1 week itinerary for portugal help plz!

Portugal Sep 13, 2016 at 2:58 AM

HI!

we are a ~30ish year old couple, traveling to Portugal for 7 days next week (land & depart - Lisbon)
      Its been really hard to figure out what's the best way to go.. we like a bit of urban athmosphere but also nature (and beach) :) , would like to see a lot but not be in a total rush. we will rent a car

What do you think? should we:
      A. Stay around the Lisbon area and travel a bit to the south for a few days?

B. Do the highlights from Lisbon heading up north to Porto?
      this is what i had in mind, gathering info from the internet, but i don't know if its realistic:
      -day 1 sintra, sleep in obidos
      - one night coimbra/or parque natural da serra da estrela
      - one night alto douro
      - 2 night porto
      - 2 night lisbon (or stay in lisbon at the beginning then travel up)

thanksss in advance for your input!!!

more
    • Linse's Profile Photo

Funicular operating times??

Lisbon Sep 3, 2016 at 2:48 PM

Hi
      What hours is the funiculars operating in Lisbon??
      Thank you in advance :-)

more
    • Resort Help.....

Algarve Sep 22, 2016 at 2:29 AM

We would like to holiday in the Algarve in 2017 and would appreciate some help. We are looking for a resort that is not overly busy and without the night clubs etc, but has some shops that you can stroll around of an evening. If anyone has been to Es Cana in Ibiza somewhere sililar would be great. We are looking for an all inclusive hotel. Does anyone know of any and can recommend to save hours of trawling the net and travel brouchers? Many thanks in advance for any help . Gareth & Family

more
    • Transportation

Évora Sep 4, 2016 at 1:42 PM

Are there buses between Evora and Estremoz. Timetables available? Which company recommended? Thanks

more
    • Views of Sintra from outside

Sintra Aug 30, 2016 at 5:24 AM

Hi, for our day trip to Sintra I've chosen Palacio Pena, Monserrate and Quinta da Regaleira. We don't want to go inside Pena, but want to see the views from the terraces-is there a ticket that includes that but not the interior? Also, we want to see it from such point of view: sintratours.co.uk/wp-content... - is there a walking path that leads to it or something? Where would you get such a view of it?
      I read that Quinta is within walking distance from Sintra, but I can't find info about Monserrat- how do you reach it?

Sorry about the heap of questions!:)

more
    • 5 days too much for a solo traveller?

Lagos Sep 5, 2016 at 5:33 AM

Hi,
      I'm planning to visit Lagos in December. I'm travelling alone and I don't go out to night clubs or bars.
      I want to go to Lagos and Algarve just to see the beautiful scenery. Now i'm wondering if 5 days might be too much?
      I know it can be quite chilly and rainy so I can't just spend the days laying on the beach.
      I won't have a car, I will walk and take the bus so I believe I will be kinda limited regarding how far away from the center I can go.
      What do you think? Will I get bored?

more
    • Albufeira for a 6 and 9 year old

Albufeira Sep 25, 2016 at 1:16 AM

Packing for a 6 and 9 year old half term week and first trip abroad to albufeira! Will they need wetsuit for pool and or sea? What else may they need? What is there for them to do and do we need to book trips in advance? One allergic to nuts ? Any tips at all would be great thank you

more
    • Transportation Lagos-Armacao de Pera-Faro

Algarve Sep 13, 2016 at 4:42 AM

Hi! Is there an official website with info about the buses around Algarve or should I trust this one? http://www.algarvebus.info/002e.htm
      I am worried that if it isn't correct and we miss our bus to Faro, there is no alternate transportation from Armacao de Pera. Also, after our boat trip from there, we want to get to Praia da Marinha, can we get a taxi to there and would it be expensive? Can you reccommend a company I can use with a safe mind? In general, transportation without a car seems kinda complicated....

more
    • Shalini25's Profile Photo

Faro, Lisbon, Porto for 8 days

Portugal Sep 10, 2016 at 2:18 AM

Hello friends,
      I am travelling to Portugal in the third week of Dec for 8 days.
      I would like to see Porto, Lisbon, Faro.

I am travelling with 2 children 6 and 8 years.

Can you suggest some good places to see with the children..
      Also if you can suggest some information about transport and weather.
      Many thanks

more
    • Day pass for transportation

Lisbon Sep 2, 2016 at 4:47 AM

A day pass for transportation for 6eu was mentioned somewhere. Does this pass include the metro only, or busses and trams (tram 28?) as well? Do you purchase it from the machines in the metro?

more
    • mnutsy's Profile Photo

Up to University

Coimbra Sep 19, 2016 at 1:41 AM

I have bad knees. Is it a hard uphill walk? Can I get up to University by taxi or furnicular? Does the "elevador" take me there?
      Just having a day/ night in Coimbra on way to Porto from Lisbon.Best area to stay?
      Any thoughts?
      Regards, Mnutsy

more
    • AidanM62's Profile Photo

Day Trips from Albufeira

Albufeira Sep 17, 2016 at 11:48 AM

Hi Guys We're heading to Albufeira Old Town for a week on monday. Any suggestions for day trips or places of interest nearby ? We won't be hiring a car.

Also, any tips for good bars or restaraunts in the area would be appreciated. We're staying on Av da Liberdades.

Thanks

more