VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Leicester

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Near Leicester

• diamond_skies's Profile Photo

Things to do with limited time in Leicester

by diamond_skies Online Now Jan 19, 2016 at 9:17 AM

i will be in Leicester for a workshop for a few days. I will have limited time to see the city (probably only 1/2 day), what would be good to see for a textile crafts person who likes history, museums? Is it easy to get around on foot or would a bus be better?

Many thanks

Jane

16 Answers Jun 10, 2016 at 5:05 AM
    • WhiteMughal's Profile Photo

Airport Question

by WhiteMughal Online Now Sep 18, 2010 at 3:37 AM

I know from watching shows on TV that Anglo-Indian activity around this area is pretty considerable. To me, it might be a cheaper way to see a different group of expatriate Indians. But is one airport a better destination in such a trip than another? Are all UK airports in London or Luton? Or are those the international airports that feed air traffic to smaller regional airports throughout the country?

18 Answers Sep 23, 2010 at 10:58 PM
    • irfan.in.tx's Profile Photo

Transportation from Bus Station

by irfan.in.tx Online Now Apr 10, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Greetings.
      If one needs to go from the Leicester bus station to the Belmont House hotels, what are the transportation options?
      Thanks in advance

2 Answers Apr 11, 2009 at 1:19 AM
    • timetable

by mauricestinson Online Now Sep 17, 2008 at 12:17 PM

can you tell me what time the last bus runs from east midlands in the evening of the 3rd October 2008,

1 Answer Sep 17, 2008 at 12:20 PM
    • doofus's Profile Photo

Location of Indian restaurants

by doofus Online Now Nov 23, 2006 at 6:08 AM

Is there an area of Leicester where one can find many Indian restaurants. Something like Manchester with Rusholme.

If there is -- where is it located please. Also-- any recommendation sof restuarants?

thanks, Pete

8 Answers Dec 24, 2010 at 1:05 AM