Leek

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• November in Giethoorn?

Giethoorn Sep 25, 2016 at 10:17 AM

Curious if everything is still open in November? is there enough to do to spend one night and plan a day there or is there any other area that would be preferable during this time of year, we were planning on heading up here for a day and then going to Delft and Den Hague for the 2nd night. Amsterdam is already planned for another weekend and we were hoping to see a smaller more quaint area. Thanks!

more
    • Local prepaid phones, SIM cards, travel pass?

Amsterdam Sep 18, 2016 at 4:38 PM

I will be in Belgium and the Netherlands for 2.5 weeks. All I'd like to be able to do is text travelling companions (also Canadians) in the event that we get separated. A travel pass for CAD 60 to my Bell Mobility plan would give unlimited calling and texting for a month. I found this: telestial.com/international-... and am wondering if it is a viable option.

more
    • How can I work as fitness trainer in Amsterdam?

Amsterdam Sep 16, 2016 at 9:53 AM

I'm an young Italian girl (30 years old) who has a passionate personal involvement in fitness classes in particular Total body, G.A.G. and H.I.I.T.
      I have just returned from a luxury resort in Zanzibar where I worked as fitness trainer for 3 months. All of my experience comes from my work in the field so I never had time to do a course to obtain a valid faster certificate to teach in your country. But I am very interested to do it.

I will travel very soon in Europe, in particular in Amsterdam. Can someone help me with some information?

1) Is it necessary a Degree in Sport sciences?
      2) What kind of certificate I have to bring? How can I do that?

I didn't live yet in Amsterdam but I really hope it’s going to be my next stop and I want to live there for a while.
      I'm grateful if you can help me with these information.
      Thanks to all!!

more
    • Schermerhorn

Netherlands Sep 1, 2016 at 10:01 AM

A friend has ancestors buried at the church there and would like to visit it Sep 29, 30 or Oct 7. She would like to make arrangements to go into the church. The email address provided here does not work: rekel.nl/Schermerhorn/museum...

more
    • Old church

Schermerhorn Sep 11, 2016 at 9:00 AM

I am in Amsterdam Sept 28 and 29 and Oct 7. Is it possible to visit this church? What is the best way to get there?

more
    • Places to stay

Amsterdam Sep 2, 2016 at 1:59 PM

Hi, I'm looking to plan a trip and I want some expert advice on somewhere to stay. Looking for somewhere not too far from the center of Amsterdam and we don't mind having just a room no breakfast required!! There are 6 of us but we don't want a horrible hostel so we know we will need 2 triple single rooms. Looking for the weekend Friday 9th June. Thanks guys

more
    • karaoke bar?

Maastricht Sep 1, 2016 at 7:23 AM

Hello,

I am looking for a karaoke bar in Maastricht.
      Any idea where we could go on a Saturday evening?

Thank you,
      Sév

more
    • Transportation from Zaandam

Amsterdam Sep 12, 2016 at 4:45 AM

Hi.
      I am staying in Zaandam on Pieter Lieftinckweg street.
      What is the best and cheapest way to go to Amsterdam center?
      Is Zaandam on the Amsterdam public transportation zones?
      I was thinking on gettin the Amsterdam Travel card but I think it does not covers Zaandam.

Thanks

more
    • Travelling around by trams

Amsterdam Sep 7, 2016 at 2:20 AM

I am coming to Amsterdam for 5 days and will be using the tram maybe only once or twice a day (maybe not even) is it better to use single use tickets or what is the best place to go.

Also where do I buy these single use tickets if I am getting on a tram from prinsegracht to central station because there is no station in prinsegracht I don't think.

Thanks in advance

more
    • Locativo to stay

Amsterdam Sep 4, 2016 at 8:59 PM

I will be In Amsterdam for 3 days with daughter and granddaughter , we would like some help to find a cheap and clean placê to stay. We dont mind if it is not In The Center. Granddaughter is 11 years old. A couch could work well. Ist only for sleeping and Bath. Any one can help?

more
    • Welcome to Amsterdam sign

Amsterdam Sep 5, 2016 at 6:35 AM

Hi guys, I wanna street view the street where you encounter "welcome to Amsterdam sign", the entrance to the city, but cant find the name of the street. Can you help me out?

more
    • Schiphol to Bruges

Netherlands Sep 1, 2016 at 12:30 PM

We need to get from the Amsterdam airport to Bruges, with a layover for lunch in Ghent, on Sat. Sep. 24. If we book online through Rail Europe, there is an economy fare for $58 on a Thalys train leaving Cs at 9:44, changing trains in Antwerp, and arriving Ghent 12:33. The tickets are non-refundable. We would have to take a train from the airport to the Central Station; apparently they run every 20 min at a fare of CAD $10 (perhaps less locally?).

There are also IC trains: open tkts and stops along the way for $102: leave Schiphol at 10:07 arrive Ghent 2:07. If we land on time and clear customs quickly, we might be able to leave Schiphol at 9:07 and arrive Ghent 1:07.

The tickets / fare to Bruges quoted above allow a layover.

Any comments / suggestions / alternatives?

more