Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Train ticket (Gent zone)

Gent Oct 12, 2016 at 11:16 PM

I have booked a train ticket online, from Gent-dampoort station to Brugge. The ticket reflects from: Gent-zone to: Brugge. Is it possible for me to use this ticket to board at Gent st pieters station instead of Gent-dampoort?

• Castle Mesen can be saved

by Packard8 Online Now Sep 28, 2005 at 5:15 PM

Hi I am interested in finding out more about Castle Mesen and the possibilitiy and probability of saving all or part of the structure. I think part of the impediment to restoration is the idea that the building can be feasibly repaired structurally. I think this would be impossible and unnessesary. I am a commercial contractor who builds mainly office buildings, and we build this way: My proposal would be to save the edifices of the castle while building an interior steel and concrete platform, seperate from the structure and using the brick outer walls as veneer only. The whole insides would have to be gutted, but saving all or most of the ornate or distinctive trim and cataloging it's position could be helpful. I would see the building as a mixed-use, office condo's on the upper wings and a small mall at the center lower level and wings. It would be an attraction for the entire villiage. It would simply be built as we build all our multi-story office buildings, with poured concrete floors and steel framing and roof, the only difference would be the historic veneer would remain intact. Anyone who can shed more light on this, please email me at I would love a floorplan.

1 Answer Sep 28, 2005 at 10:45 PM