Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• RodolfoBrasil's Profile Photo

Guides (Spanish or Portuguese)

Laos May 30, 2016 at 2:21 PM

(Google Translator)

Hello friends,
      I intend to travel to Laos, Thailand and Myanmar in November and as I do not speak English, I am looking for a guide of these countries in Spanish or Portuguese (PDF). If any of you have the possibility of sending me this stuff will be very grateful.
      Happy travels to all !!!

• matjung's Profile Photo

How would you travel from Luang Prabang to the Plain of Jars and back?

Luang Prabang Apr 18, 2016 at 5:08 AM

I am going to stay a few days in Luang Prabang and thought about visiting the plain of jars near Phonsavan.
      I am wondering, how would you visit the plain of jars.
      Day1 - travel by bus / minibus to Phonsavan - the saying is 7 to 8 hours each way??
      Day2 - do the sights
      Day3 - travel back
      Or would you travel back on day2?

3 Answers Apr 19, 2016 at 2:39 AM
    • matjung's Profile Photo

Whiat is the fair rate of a Tuk Tuk in Luang Prabang?

Luang Prabang Apr 17, 2016 at 12:27 AM

Hello,
      soon I am going to visit Luang Prabang.
      Chances are high that I will explore the city and sourroundings by Tuk Tuk.
      I am wondering, what is a fair rate for a Tuk Tuk.
      Are they paid per time, distance or kilometer?

2 Answers Apr 19, 2016 at 3:42 AM
    • VenusD's Profile Photo

how is Laos on july?

Laos Mar 9, 2016 at 8:08 AM

i looking a place to visit on my holiday in july. i consider Laos and cambodia. how is both on july?someone who had been there ,please give me some advice or information thanks

5 Answers Mar 9, 2016 at 11:22 PM
    • Poling's Profile Photo

How to get to Wat Phu (Champasak) and Si Phan Don from Pakse?

Laos Jan 25, 2016 at 4:58 PM

I have checked tour arranging to go there for 2 days but it is very expensive (USD300+/pax) that is quite an incredible price, from my point of view, in the standard of Laos.
      I will arrive Paske from Vientiane by sleeping bus, is that possible to get to Champasak right away?
      My plan is to stay at Champasak so that I have time to visit Wat Phu.
      The next day I want to travel to Si Phan Don, then stay at Don Khone. How to get to Don Khone from Champasak?
      From Don Khone how to go back to Pakse?

1 Answer Mar 19, 2016 at 8:07 PM
    • PietroTravArch's Profile Photo

9 days - From Siam Reap to Vientiane

Laos Jan 18, 2016 at 3:43 AM

Hi everyone,
      I have to plan the last part of my trip that goes trought vietnam, cambodia and at the end laos. Basically i have 9 days in this february (from the 15 to the 25 morning, I have a plane departing from there) to reach Vieantiane from Siam Reap, I know that the time is short but I have no other options.
      i'm planning something like this:
      -15: travel from Siam Reap to 4000islands (Don Khon? or is better Don Dhet) with bus
      -16: Visit of the Li Phi waterfalls in the morning (I need to hire a morotbike?) and look for a swangthaew to reach Pakse in the afternoon
      -17-18 visit pakse the Wat Phu, two days beacuse i don't know if i can really find a swangtaew in the afternoon.
      -19 bus from Pakse to Vientiane
      -20-24 Visit Vientiane and around.
      I can book a flight to Pakse but it's quite expansive and i save one day only. (or nothing because plane leave at 5)

The other option is to take a plane 156 euro, not cheap but the only way, from Siam Reap to Luang Prabang and visit Luang Prabang and Vientiane, something like
      -16-17-18-19 Luang Prabang and around (suggestions?, Vang Vieng is a worth visit?)
      -19 night/20 day Travel
      - 21-22 23 24Vientiane and around (also here suggestion?)

In the first option i see more places but i actually don't know if is worth it i spend an incredible amount of time, what do you suggest me? basically i have to choose if is better visit Pakse of Luang Prabang.

5 Answers Jan 18, 2016 at 8:54 PM
    • Sayabouli Elephant Festival and trade fair 2016

Laos Dec 29, 2015 at 8:08 PM

The dates for the Trade fair and Elephant festival have been released by tourismlaos
      Venue - Sayabouli
      Trade fair 15 - 21 feb
      Elephant Festival ...19 - 21 feb
      Has any one been before, what type of goods do they have at the trade fair,Any VTers going
      Any info at all would be great

• Entry points by land from Thailand

Laos Nov 19, 2015 at 12:25 AM

To avoid a lenghty bus ride I'll want to get to a larger border town and go either to vientiane or luang prabang.
      I also avoid visas with travel agencies or bus companies both of which often refuse us the right to get it at the border.

(I recall the scam I suffered crossing from Thailand to Cambodia in ths visa regard)

Which Thai city is best and shortest to cross over into Laos, and can I get the visa at border?
      Thanks!

2 Answers Nov 19, 2015 at 6:23 PM
    • Housing in Luang Prabang

Laos Nov 7, 2015 at 11:58 PM

Hi - I should be there in about a week/ten days, and it looks like it is filling up! Airbnb (I prefer homestays) has nothing but a dorm - and booking.com is booking up! Any ideas? Thanks, Jean

1 Answer Nov 8, 2015 at 7:26 PM
    • kids food and snacks

Vientiane Oct 13, 2015 at 8:56 PM

Hi . is kids food and snacks available . Things like crisps . Juices and milkshakes . Any imported products ? Thailand has big choice of local and imported products and I wondered if it is similar in Laos.
      Thank you

5 Answers Oct 15, 2015 at 3:36 AM
    • Festival opinions, visa complexities

Laos Oct 4, 2015 at 8:24 AM

Hi - This will also be posted in the Thailand forum. Certain have been following my decision making process - rahter complex. I want to visit the region for several months, and decided to arrive either in Bangkok (big hub, better cheaper air tickets) or Laos (no visa or return/ongoing ticket issue). I plan to travel soon, mid October. Just trying to make a decision! Both countries present special festivals - my focal point, my passion - in October and November. However, in terns of air tickets, Bangkok is the obvious choice, even if I go on to Laos right away. On October 27 there is the Ok/Awk Phansa festival, celebrated in both countries. However it looks much better - according to my internet research - in Laos. This is annoying, because there is the Loi Krathong celebration November 25 in Thailand - very special. So I would have to go to Laos then back to Thailand. Also, arriving in Thailand I would only have 30 days, so I could not witness Ok Phansa in Thailand then just stay on for Loi Krathong. Does anyone have an opinion about these various festivals? Also, if I arrive in Thailand, and leave after a week (maximum) then I would have to either get a visa in Laos t o return or be subject oto the 15 day land entry visa? However that would be a re-entry and I might not be qualified for a visa exemption on re-entry? (American) Even if I have say three weeks left on the first entry? All rather complicated, Help! thanks! :)

2 Answers Oct 4, 2015 at 11:24 PM
    • transportation to Kong lor cave

Vientiane Sep 29, 2015 at 1:00 AM

How much is a car with a driver from Vientiane?

3 Answers Oct 13, 2015 at 2:24 AM
    • Entry visa requirements

Laos Sep 28, 2015 at 1:34 PM

Hi - Some of you I have spoken to on the Thailand forum might see this, and answer. I am far from any embassy or consulate and don't want to send in my passport. I want to travel in the region and I chose Bangkok as probably the cheapest air ticket from Europe. However I would like to remain free and keep things simple - I would come on a one way ticket, and I have just researched the visa requirements. I see nothing said about a return ticket being required, or proof of ongoing travel. Is this correct? Which is the best airport to fly into, price wise? thanks for the replies!

6 Answers Sep 29, 2015 at 4:29 AM
    • s.j86's Profile Photo

1 week in Laos

Laos Sep 9, 2015 at 9:52 AM

I'm planning to visit Laos on my way from China to Thailand. Need to know the places I should visit. I want to relax and see the things which can be seen specially in Laos.
      Also, should I go by air or by road? Is there any train or bus from any part of China to Laos?
      How much time does it take from any part of Laos, like capital, to Bangkok by road?

4 Answers Dec 6, 2015 at 5:44 AM
    • Marthamaire's Profile Photo

Ao Dai shops in Vientiane?

Vientiane Jun 2, 2015 at 5:30 PM

Are there shops in Vientiane where I can purchase some Ao Dai (Traditional Vietnamese dresses)

1 Answer Mar 19, 2016 at 9:25 PM
    • Singapore to Laos

Laos Jun 1, 2015 at 1:29 AM

Hello guys,
      Hope you all are having a good time in planning holidays :) I am from Singapore and planning a holiday first time ever! I would like to go for 4D3N for luang prabang for waterfall :) as there is no direct flight from Singapore, can plan via Hanoi or any option you guys can suggest! 1- So can I cover hanoi and luang prabang in 4 days?
      2- Is there is a road transfer?
      I don't want to make it very pricy tour, ( as everyone wants;)
      Please help me to plan my trip for August:) thanks a ton.

5 Answers Jun 2, 2015 at 5:57 PM
    • Thai taxi from Ubon Ratchatani airport to Pakse without changing at he border, is it possible ?

Pakse May 31, 2015 at 6:38 AM

Thai taxi from Ubon Ratchatani airport to Pakse without changing at he border, is it possible ?

Hello,

Any idea is there is a way to avoid changing my taxi from airport to Pakse ? Thai can cross the border by car, so why not a taxi ?

Thank you 3

2 Answers Jun 1, 2015 at 9:41 AM
    • Terje1966's Profile Photo

Boat to down the Mekong??

Vientiane Apr 29, 2015 at 3:45 AM

Hello.
      Is a Ferry or cruiseboat Down the Mekong to somewhere in Vietnam or cambodia a thing that is possible to do?
      Are there good websites that inform of or sell such a trip?

• how to go to hongsa from vientiane by bus

Laos Feb 26, 2015 at 9:37 PM

hello guys, may i ask you how to go to hongsa from vientiane by bus? thankyou so much

4 Answers Feb 27, 2015 at 2:21 AM
    • William-G's Profile Photo

North Laos

Phongsali Jan 8, 2015 at 5:43 AM

Hello,

I'm going to travel in North Laos for 20 day's and I'm looking for accomodation in those place:
      Boun Neua, Gnot Out and Samphan.
      Do someone have some recomandation?

Regards

William

1 Answer Jan 8, 2015 at 7:53 AM
    • is it safe as a single female traveller in Laos?

Laos Dec 3, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Is it safe to travel around Laos (obviously normal safety precautions apply) as a female traveller? Does anyone know a good place (more relaxing than manic) to spend Christmas in the country?
      Many thanks

5 Answers Dec 12, 2014 at 4:13 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Is there any cultural park in Vientiane without going out to Buddha Park?

Vientiane Oct 11, 2014 at 4:58 PM

Hi, Vientiane VT,

Is there any cultural park in Vientiane without going out to Buddha Park?

Also on Internet is there any updated list of vegetarian restaurants or food courts in Vientiane?

Otherwise i would have to travel by expensive hotel car to look for places to eat.

Chyan

6 Answers Dec 28, 2014 at 3:10 AM
    • Visit Akha Village (Muang Sing or Luang Namtha)

Laos Oct 5, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Hi guys,

Is it possible for me to hike and visit the Akha Village by myself, without hiring any local guides? Or maybe it is not a good idea at all?

Please advise :)

Thanks!

2 Answers Oct 5, 2014 at 3:12 PM
    • Stroller's Profile Photo

4 and half hours by road from Vientiane to Luang Prabang?

Laos Sep 27, 2014 at 8:20 AM

Hi, Google map shows that the journey from Vientiane to Luang Prabang takes 4 and half hours by road. From what I've read, this sounds quite incredible. This is definitely not for the bus, is it? Many thanks for your advice.

Also, any idea how long it takes to travel by bus from Vientiane to Vang Vieng?

Many thanks in advance!

5 Answers Oct 21, 2015 at 3:26 AM
    • Driver + guide in Laos

Laos Sep 17, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Does anyone has any good driver + guide to recommend in Laos?

1 Answer Oct 11, 2014 at 5:04 PM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Is there any bus that stops at T2 Road near Sengtiane Hotel?

Vientiane Aug 31, 2014 at 4:04 AM

Is there any bus in Vientiane that stops at T2 Road near Sengtiane Hotel?

• Chyan's Profile Photo

Cusine d'or and Fruit Heaven

Vientiane Aug 31, 2014 at 3:59 AM

Can i know what are the addresses of Cusine d'or and Fruit Heaven in Vientiane? How much it costs to travel to these places to eat dinner or lunch from T2 Road by taxi or tuk-tuk?

4 Answers Sep 4, 2014 at 7:29 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Need to know the minimum costs of dining at a Lao restaurant in Vientiane

Vientiane Aug 19, 2014 at 4:15 AM

Hi, Vientiane VT,

Can anyone advise the minimum costs of dining at a Lao restaurant in Vientiane? Are ATMs "eating cards" still common problems in Vientiane?

Chyan

14 Answers Dec 30, 2014 at 7:10 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Question about Aroon Residence Hotel, Chanthabouly District, Vientiane

Vientiane Aug 3, 2014 at 7:12 AM

Hi, Vientiane VT,

Has anyone stayed in Aroon Residence Hotel? Care to share comments about this hotel?

• Chyan's Profile Photo

Buddha Park outside Vientiane

Vientiane Aug 3, 2014 at 7:10 AM

Hi, Vientiane VT,

Can i know whether Buddha Park is infested with mosquitoes or not? I learn that dengue fever is a major concern in Vientiane. What should i wear if i plan to visit Buddha Park or do sightseeing in Vientiane?

6 Answers Oct 23, 2015 at 5:39 AM