Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• sallam88's Profile Photo

Sapa for 4 nights

Sapa Nov 25, 2016 at 4:21 AM

Hello,
      I'm planning to spend four nights in Sapa end of December. As I would love to go in daily trekking tours and would like to visit some villages around Sapa (please recommend me if you have visited any). Therefore my question is, should I book one accommodation for the all 4 nights (which means that I have to back to my accommodation at the end of the day) or is it better to spend a night in my first room and book other accommodations for the rest (which make my trekking tour as a one way tour!). Please also do advice me if you have tried any authentic and cheap homestay in Sapa or any village near to it.

I really do appreciate your huge help guys!

Best wishes,
      Ibrahim

more

Near Lao Cai

• Lao Cai to Hanoi by express bus?

by PickelHead Online Now Apr 1, 2015 at 2:49 PM

Anyone aware of an express bus/minivan departing from Lao Cai & going to Hanoi that uses the new highway??
      Thanks!

4 Answers Apr 10, 2015 at 1:28 AM
    • Sapa Express bus

by PickelHead Online Now Apr 1, 2015 at 2:54 AM

I was hoping to catch the new Express bus as it passes by Lao Cai on the way from Sapa to Hanoi. Through email, the company has told me that they can pick me up at the highway round-about(!), but due to the language barrier, they have not been able to tell me if the bus automatically stops here. I am nervous that the bus will go flying past me and leave me stranded there for the night. I would appreciate it if someone who has taken this bus can assure me that they do indeed make an automatic stop at the Lao Cai round-about. Thanks in advance!

9 Answers Mar 4, 2016 at 10:35 PM
    • stscreen's Profile Photo

Lao Cai Transport

by stscreen Online Now Aug 4, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Hi,
      I'm and my husband will travelling to Sapa at mid Nov, we are independent and
      would like to know:
      1. Is it easy to get transport to Saomai Hotel from train station?
      2. How far is sunday market from that hotel?
      3. I also consider to hire a jeep, may i know what is the cost and where can
      i book?

Would love to get feed back from anyone.

Thank you.
      Yvonne

3 Answers Aug 6, 2010 at 5:05 AM
    • Has anyone gone from to Lao Cai to China

by kyleaz Online Now Jan 13, 2010 at 10:57 AM

Hi we will be going back to Vietnam again this year and I'm starting my research.
      Has anyone crossed the border at Lao Cai to China. What is there to do and see around there. I heard that it's a great place to shop but I have no clue what I would buy.
      kyleaz

4 Answers Feb 11, 2010 at 9:37 PM
    • Train from kunming to lao-Cai

by rachel269 Online Now Apr 28, 2008 at 7:07 AM

What with China making it very tricky to get a 1 month visa during and just aftre the Olympics they are asking for entry and exit tickets to and from China.

Does anyone know if it is possible to pre book a ticket from China to Vietnam (confimation to be used to get Chinese visa), i guess Kunming - Lao-Cai is a well worn route?

Thanks a lot!
      Rachel

2 Answers Apr 28, 2008 at 11:57 PM
    • Lao Cai to Hanoi DayTrain

by RobStuar Online Now Jan 4, 2008 at 8:52 PM

Has anyone out there taken the day train from Lao Cai to Hanoi. What is it like? The scenery, comfortor lack thereof, anything?

Thank you,

Stuart of Oz

2 Answers Aug 4, 2010 at 10:21 PM
    • Kunming to Lao Cai

by vthayer Online Now Apr 19, 2007 at 12:15 PM

Can you currently get from kunming to lao cai by train? If not, what is the best way to get to China from Lao Cai?

3 Answers Apr 21, 2007 at 5:42 PM
    • Weather in Sapa

by afourney Online Now Aug 15, 2004 at 10:24 PM

I'm traveling to Sapa at the beginning of Sept. What will the weather be like? Should I take hiking boots or will tennis shoes be adequate for day trekking? Thanks

2 Answers Aug 17, 2004 at 1:05 AM
    • Advice needed!

by Baj Online Now Nov 6, 2003 at 8:49 AM

Not being a hardened traveller I am looking for some practical advice. I'm off to Lao Cai, Vietnam, next week to assist on some film shoots, staying in the households we are filming in. Has anyone any advice as to useful things to take, wear etc? I understand the weather is humid and damp? As we will be trekking about a bit, with cameras, I need to be as comfortable as possible so as not to effect filming. Thanks to anyone that can help. x

4 Answers Nov 8, 2003 at 1:47 AM