Lanciano

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• June 2nd 2016

Bergamo 6 hours ago

We arrive on June 1st 2016 and note that June 2nd is a public holiday. What is likely to be open on June 2nd, please?

Sorry! Should have made clear - we are visiting Bergamo!

more
    • Lignano Sabbiadoro trip

Lignano Sabbiadoro May 26, 2016 at 2:22 PM

Does anyone of you have been recently to Lignano Sabbiadoro ? I was wondering if this is safe place ( Udine area generally aswell) due to imigrantion problems in Italy ?

more
    • Oblia or Cagliari

Sardegna May 21, 2016 at 2:32 PM

We're visiting Sardinia for 10 days beginning of June hiring a car and land at Olbia - planning to spend the first few days in Olbia and then drive to Cagliari where we will spend 2-3 days and then spend another 2 days at Olbia prior to the flight. I've purposely double booked hotels for 1 day at Olbia and Cagliari - and I need to cancel one of them. Should I return to Olbia early or stay at Cagliari

Our & wife interests are villages and scenery and accessible naturist nudist beaches - not into caves, boat trips or hiking

Suggestions much appreciated. Thanx

more
    • Oblia or Cagliari

Sardegna May 21, 2016 at 2:32 PM

We're visiting Sardinia for 10 days beginning of June hiring a car and land at Olbia - planning to spend the first few days in Olbia and then drive to Cagliari where we will spend 2-3 days and then spend another 2 days at Olbia prior to the flight. I've purposely double booked hotels for 1 day at Olbia and Cagliari - and I need to cancel one of them. Should I return to Olbia early or stay at Cagliari

Our & wife interests are villages and scenery and accessible naturist nudist beaches - not into caves, boat trips or hiking

Suggestions much appreciated. Thanx

more
    • Diego Toscanini belt

Sorrento May 16, 2016 at 10:37 PM

I bought a leather belt from a shop in Sorrento where they sized it, cut it and attached the buckle. it's a Diego Toscanini double stitched. Any idea the name of the shop? I would love to get more

Richard

more
    • Oleg_D.'s Profile Photo

Palazzo Venezia Museum

Rome May 5, 2016 at 10:05 AM

Have anybody visited Palazzo Venezia Museum this year already? If yes, then please tell me was medieval arms and armor from Odescalchi Collection already returned to permanent exhibition? It was there but photo was not allowed, when photo became possible and I visited this museum in 2014 then this collection was removed to storage room due to some renovations of interiors. Museum workers promised that arms and armor supposed to be in permanent exhibition in six or eight months. But this is Italy where good intentions and reality are far from each other. So, is arms and armor collection in permanent exhibition again?
      Sincerely,

Oleg

more
    • mcwhiting's Profile Photo

Planning a short trip to Sirmione

Sirmione May 4, 2016 at 3:02 PM

Planning on fast train from Sorrento to either Verona or Brescia. Any suggestions on getting to Sirmione from there. Also any suggestions for where to stay. Looking for small botique hotel or bed and breakfast. Impromptu trip....thanks so much

Maureen

more
    • Parking around Viale San Marco

Mestre Yesterday

Hello,

can anyone confirm if parking on the streets around Viale San Marco is free of charge?

We're thinking about leaving our car in that general area and then taking T1 tram to Venice.

Thank you!

more
    • ali_s_91's Profile Photo

From Como S. G train station to Villa del Balbianello

Como May 23, 2016 at 11:26 PM

Hello,

How do I go from Como S. G train station to Villa del Balbianello .... and then from Villa del Balbianello to Bellagio? and the back to Como S. G train station .. no cars no trains .. I only want ferries and boats please !!!

Thank YOU !

more
    • orvieto to Switzerland

Orvieto May 17, 2016 at 8:16 PM

What is the best way to go to Switzerland? is Lucerne or Zurich good to visit for 4 to 5 days? then we head back to rome. or go to Lake Como for two to three days and drive to Switzerland border? what town is best to go please that is close to the border for tourist?
      thank you

more
    • aussolo's Profile Photo

Bus Terminal

Novara May 17, 2016 at 4:43 PM

I have looked at the train options from Milan to Aosta and am quite happy to take the train. I have seen there is a Savda bus service from Novara, where does that actually leave from, the Novara Station or somewhere else? aussolo

more
    • Transportation to/from Volterra and Vicenza

Volterra May 16, 2016 at 3:21 PM

Is there a parking lot in or near Volterra to leave a car for five nights, one that is convenient to catching a bus to Siena? And, is it possible to catch a train from Volterra to Vicenza Italy?

more
    • wheelchair accessible

Rome May 15, 2016 at 7:52 PM

Does anyone have experience travelling in Rome by wheelchair?
      In particular public transport??

more
    • Vasari corridor

Florence May 8, 2016 at 7:25 AM

Hello, I would like to visit the Vasari Corridor and I see that there are several options available for booking a tour. Can anyone recommend one that would be the best?
      I see that I will probably have to combine the tour with something else, that I might prefer to see on my own, but I understand that; I'm primarily asking for a recommendation of a reliable source, who might be able to give the most historically informative tour.
      Yours,
      Tom

more
    • Big hotel rooms in central Rome

Rome May 7, 2016 at 4:23 PM

Hi I'm travelling with my 14 year old teenager to Rome in October so we need spacious accommodation - (preferably a hotel for safety reasons).
      Does anyone know of any good size accommodation in the city centre within easy walking access to Trevi and Pantheon.

more
    • Bus from Taormina to Savoca

Taormina May 3, 2016 at 3:37 PM

Is there a local bus from Taormina to Savoca?

more
    • colinmckin's Profile Photo

Atlantic Palace hotel

Sorrento 8 hours ago

Does anyone know which travel companies use the above hotel ?

thanks
      colin

more
    • Best time for designer shopping in Italy?

Venice May 25, 2016 at 12:02 AM

I work for a travel agency based in the Philippines and we're currently looking to set up an Italy tour which would be heavily centered around designer shopping trips at places like: The Mall, Prada Spa, Barberino Designer outlet vilage and Noventa di Piave.

We were looking to make tours in August, September & October but from what I've seen online, it doesn't seem like the best sales will be on then.

Our customers will be looking to buy bags and shoes mainly, but clothes also.

Can anyone with knowledge if this help me out?

Big thanks!

more
    • bike riding from riva to torbole

Riva del Garda May 18, 2016 at 7:17 AM

can you cycle from riva to torbole

more
    • NorKajakk's Profile Photo

Where to buy Kayak?

Sardegna May 16, 2016 at 5:31 AM

I' ll we be moving for some months in Sardinia. I love my kayaking. Where can I buy a kayak on the island? I wish to take contact before my arrival to know what their offer on Kayak is or if I should buy one in Corsica... Looking for a sit-on-top kayak/fishing kayak....

Thanks for any info :)

Didier

more
    • Daytripper58's Profile Photo

Best Place to stay for 2-3 days

Asti May 14, 2016 at 4:53 PM

I am planning a trip to Montemagno, Italy - Monferrati Hills Area for family research. My family originated from this area and later moved to the US. I want to go visit the land of my ancestors and get a good feel of the area. I have no idea where to stay as a base location and I don’t know anything about the area as all of the old family has passed away. Where to stay? What to do? Local guides? Where to eat?

Any help is appreciated. Help me to understand my home land.

more
    • How to go to Padre Pio Shrine from Rome

San Giovanni Rotondo May 12, 2016 at 5:47 AM

I will visit Padre Pio Shrine in September this year. Can anyone tell me how to go there from Rome? What is the name of the bus station in Rome? How long is the trip?

I will also visit Shrine of St. Michele which is about an hour drive from Padre Pio's Shrine. Is there a bus service available to go there from PPio's Shrine?

Thanks.

more
    • mcwhiting's Profile Photo

Planning a short trip to Sirmione

Sirmione May 4, 2016 at 3:02 PM

Planning on fast train from Sorrento to either Verona or Brescia. Any suggestions on getting to Sirmione from there. Also any suggestions for where to stay. Looking for small botique hotel or bed and breakfast. Impromptu trip....thanks so much

Maureen

more
    • Fresh Food Markets

Arezzo May 3, 2016 at 10:48 AM

Looking for fresh food (indoor or out) markets in the Arezzo It area.

more
    • Rach&Jay's Profile Photo

2 Chicks, 4 Nights, 5 Days in Tuscany!

Tuscany May 24, 2016 at 6:33 AM

Hi Everyone. I need to be in Rome for work in July so my friend and I want to see Tuscany for 4 nights. We have a visual of us riding bikes, drinking lots of wine, eating cheese and olives, seeing some sights etc!
      Do we do 4 nights in the heart of Florence and do day trips? Or do we stay 2 nights in Florence and 2 nights in Sienna/Chianti? We won't have a car but will take public transport or hiring drivers where needed. Also looking at maybe doing small tours in Vintage Fiats, Vespas, Bicycles, Walking.
      Love food tours, winery tours (where you get to drink more than 3 sips!)
      Any / all suggestions / recommendations welcomed and appreciated! Thankyou!

more
    • Eurcharist Miracle

by Ordinaryperson1 Online Now Jul 15, 2013 at 4:00 PM

What are the hours to view the Eurcharist Miracle?

1 Answer Jul 15, 2013 at 4:43 PM
    • Church hours, travel time.

by Ordinaryperson1 Online Now May 17, 2013 at 11:21 AM

What are the church hours to visit the Eurcharistic Miracle?  What is the travel time from Rome to Lanicanio?  Is the fastest way to get there and back to Rome by Train?  If I want to visit this church is there anything else I should know?  How about a phone number and an email address to get updated informaiton?  Thank you.

6 Answers May 17, 2013 at 12:59 PM
    • planning a trip to my mother's parents' home town this fall

by anthonyzecca Online Now Feb 21, 2010 at 6:49 AM

my mother's parents (carmella stinici and giuseppe rimato...not sure if that is the correct spelling...changes occurred at ellis island) migrated to philadelphia in the 20's with 2 children. each were from a large family and each were the only siblings that came to the states. they head 4 more children here, with my mom gloria the youngest. i want to take my mother back to see where her parents were born and raised and perhaps meet some of her relatives. is there a feast day/week where family come back to their hometown to visit? is there a feast that would be a good time to visit? i am planning on september-october to do this. please provide me any advice on how to approach organizing the visit...any help is seriously appreciated. thank you. anthony zecca

14 Answers Feb 21, 2010 at 9:04 PM