VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Lake Geneva Travel Answers

change location

hotel in lake geneva

by mikieguns Online Now Sep 26, 2006 at 4:12 PM

Hi fellow travelers! Chicago guy here and I am planning on taking my wife for a getaway weekend in late October. I've chosen Lake Geneva. After much research I've decided that I'd like to stay at a hotel close to the action (i.e. the lake, downtown, etc) but also one that still has a bit of charm. I've narrowed it down to 3 and need to get your opinion of which one is the best! Obviously a nice romantic weekend is what I am looking for, but I also want to be able to walk nearby to the fun shops and bars! I also want to do horsebakc riding and maybe some other activities. Currently I am looking at the Bella Vista Suites, The Cove, and the Milcreek Hotel. Anyone have any experience with these places and can help me pick?? I decided to stay away from the further away quieter B&B's (like lazy cloud or french country inn) and also decided to stay away from the Grand Geneva. that has left me with these 3. Let me know if I am missing a good one! thanks!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • apuleuis's Profile Photo

RE: hotel in lake geneva

by apuleuis Online Now Oct 19, 2006 at 5:22 PM

I've been to Lake Geneva a few times but unfortunantly I don't have the money to stay at any of the resorts there. They look really nice and I'd like to know how your vacation there goes. I made a Lake Geneva page of my last visit, but again, not the money to fully take advantage of the city. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines