change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• kathymof's Profile Photo

First time in Helsinki - what area to stay in

Helsinki Nov 11, 2016 at 1:12 PM

Hi. I am planning a one week trip to Helsinki and would like your help in choosing an area to stay in. I plan to rent an apartment. I would like for it to be near good transportation and/or to be within walking distance of major tourist destinations/attractions such as museums, historical sites, interesting neighborhoods, architecture, that kind of thing. It appears there is lots to see and do so I am assuming I can keep busy for a week - is this correct?

more
    • hexelein's Profile Photo

Sibeliustalo seating / tickets

by hexelein Online Now Nov 6, 2009 at 7:35 AM

I'm just planning a weekend trip to Lahti in March (and I'm very very excited about it too).

The purpose of this trip is to go see two concerts at the Sibelius Hall (and to sneakily listen to random people speaking Finnish - it ain't eavesdropping if I don't understand what they're saying!). Has anyone here been to the Sibelius Hall? The first concert is with the Lahti Sinfonia, and I would prefer to have a seat where I could actually SEE (as well as hear, obviously) properly. Are the 1st floor seats okay? Should I go for an upper level one? Any advice on this would be grand!

The second concert is a metal one, so I'm not too concerned there. Chances are I won't use the seat anyway :-P

Any and all input welcome, taaaa!

1 Answer Nov 7, 2009 at 7:08 AM
    • andyglad's Profile Photo

kid's park in lahti

by andyglad Online Now Feb 11, 2008 at 10:25 AM

dear VTs! I'm gonna going to Lahti soon in february with two kids - 11 & 6. I heard there's a nice adventure park for kids but I didn't succeed in finding it in the net. can you help me?
      Andy