change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• eti09's Profile Photo

Alone in december

Corralejo Dec 5, 2016 at 3:00 PM

Hi ! I m going alone in Corralejo from the 13th to 20th december. I took some kitecourses but i also want to visit or to do some activities there. Is anyone also there during this time ?

more
    • 18 year olds in Palma

Palma de Mallorca Nov 28, 2016 at 1:37 PM

Hi was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for things for young people to do in Palma? Preferably not too expensive. Also we are wanting to go clubbing where is the best best place to go?
      We're thinking of getting the bus to water parks or magaluf do you know how easy it is to get buses and how often they are? Thanks :)

more
    • louiseks's Profile Photo

balcony view Cabalgate 2017

Alcoy Nov 18, 2016 at 4:29 AM

I am looking to rent a place or a bedroom for one night with a balcony to see the Cabalgate . I am unable to stand to long hours and would love to see the parade. The tourist office told me to ask real estate agents . But maybe someone here knows someone who rent out there place with Airbnb. Thanks in advance
      Louise

more
    • Tinks1706's Profile Photo

Christmas Eve Church Service. Costa Adeje

Canary Islands Nov 15, 2016 at 4:36 AM

Myself and my husband are staying in Costa Adeje this Christmas. Would like to attend a Service Christmas Eve. Any recommendations? We are not Roman Catholic but are not concerned about this as long as we are genuinely welcome. An English Service would be preferable.

more
    • meeson's Profile Photo

24 hours bars in barcelona

Barcelona Dec 2, 2016 at 1:21 PM

Hi vt'ers
      Are there any 24 hour bars in Barcelona, hopefully easy to find. when I was last there there was one, Velodroma but I'm not sure now.
      cheers

more
    • Family Vacation Help

Spain Nov 24, 2016 at 10:32 PM

Hi, everyone,

I'm hoping to get a little help with a possible vacation to Spain this coming summer for two or three weeks. I'm pretty lost so far in terms of cities, neighborhoods, etc. It would be my husband, our kids (6 and 4), and me. In an ideal world, I'd love a trip that:

-allows us to spend time with locals (I have read that kids often play outside until late at night, and I'd love my kids to experience that, especially since my son goes to a Spanish immersion school)
      -is close to the beach for at least part of the trip
      -does not require renting a car
      -is close to kid-friendly activities

If you have any advice for me (the more specific, the better!), I'd greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks!

more
    • Disability travel in Seville

Sevilla Nov 19, 2016 at 10:24 AM

My husband and I are traveling to Seville in April. We have been to Catalonia many times and know the are well.
      Now we want to branch out and see more of Spain! Craig has difficulty walking and uses a scooter for any distances.
      We are working with a travel agency that works with disability travel. However, I am wondering if anyone has an
      Insights they might share for Seville and seeing the sights there.
      Thanks!!

more
    • things to on Sunday

Spain Nov 15, 2016 at 12:22 PM

Suggestions for what to do on Sunday. Have hire car dont mind travelling a couple of hours or so each way

more
    • Easy travel via spain/Portugal

Spain Nov 28, 2016 at 1:20 AM

I'm wanting to travel from Oriheula to Granda to Córdoba to Seville to Faro to Lisbon to Madrid.

Would love advice on easiest way to travel ? And ideally the cheapest!

If trains which ones are best? Is there a Spain/Portugal train pass you can get for two weeks?

If rental cars are there any recommended companies for one way drop off?

Are there any 1 day or short multi day tours that go to these places or some of them?

Are there any restrictions traveling between to two countries?

Any help is kindly appreciated :)

more
    • things to do on Sundays

Fuengirola Nov 15, 2016 at 12:29 PM

Currently in fuengirola have a car don't mind travelling a couple of hours or so each way. Been told everything is closed as from Saturday mid day any suggestions please

more
    • Best hotel to stay at with rooftop bar

Barcelona Nov 26, 2016 at 11:31 PM

I am trying to stay at an affordable hotel with a nice rooftop bar in Barcelona. I would prefer something closer to Las Ramblas or Placa Cataluna, I believe. I really wanted to stay at Villa Emilia, however, it is sold out for my visit in September. Any advice for a hotel that would be in a $150-$200/night price range would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

more
    • Best place to stop for a night between San Sebastian & Granada?

Spain Nov 13, 2016 at 8:26 AM

Hello,

I will be driving from San Sebastian to Granada at the end of June and would like to stop somewhat half way. It looks like Madrid is about half way, but I have never been there so I don't know what driving there is like. Can you recommend a place maybe just outside that city that would still make it easy to get into with public transportation or maybe another city that would be worth visiting for a day?

We will also be going to Valencia for about a week in early June. Any recommendations for good neighborhoods to stay in? We will have our small dog, and love to be able to walk to markets and restaurants. Not really big nightlife people,

Thanks so much!
      Nicole

more
    • Tour guides - Spain

Spain Yesterday

Can anyone suggest some local tour operators who can arrange short trips (3-5 day) from Madrid to seville, cordoba, and grandada?

more
    • Car rentals Cadiz

Cadiz Nov 21, 2016 at 9:10 PM

On the various websites I can't seem to find a car rental firm in Cadiz. Particularly near the cruise port terminal.
      Do I have to travel to Sevilla to hire a car. I wish to travel to Sevilla,Malaga,Cartagena and finish in Valencia. I believe car is the only way to travel.

more

Popular La Rioja Travel Answer Locations

• Best way to get from Bilbao to Haro

Haro Jun 18, 2014 at 6:15 AM

Early September I fly into Barcelona, I was going to wait for the 14:10 afternoon train to Logrono. Vueling has cheap flights to Bilbao, what is the best way to get to Haro? Many thanks.... John

2 Answers Jun 18, 2014 at 6:35 AM
    • Visiting Wineries in La Rioja

La Rioja Dec 27, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Can anyone recomend me a wineries to visit in La Rioja? I remember someone told me about a wine museum there, but I don't remember the name and wasn't able to find it.
      thanks

10 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 9:26 AM
    • Bus or train to Haro

Haro Jun 20, 2013 at 7:19 AM

Hello! How do we get from Salamanca to Haro by bus or train? Is there one bus company that has routes there or do we have to buy multiple tickets on differnt lines?

1 Answer Jun 20, 2013 at 9:17 AM
    • globetrott's Profile Photo

Anybody knows an old Western-Movie-set closeby ?

Santo Domingo de la Calzada Mar 21, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I have read about the Camino that just a few kms before you get to Santo Domingo de la Calzada, there is a shortcut of the Camino that leads to an old Western-Movie-set !
      Maybe anybody knows the name of that village ?

6 Answers Mar 24, 2012 at 3:22 PM
    • Anything open on 1st November?

La Rioja Oct 11, 2011 at 2:00 PM

Coming to La Rioja on 31st Oct for several days exploring wineries in the area. We had forgotten about the public holiday on 1st, otherwise we have several visits already booked for the other days. Any suggestions for things to do on the 1st. All the vineyards we know are closed but any other ideas of places we could visit? What about restaurants/bars for the evening - any likely to be open (staying in Logrono)? Any ideas and thoughts welcomed:-)

1 Answer Oct 13, 2011 at 1:10 PM
    • Rossntheham's Profile Photo

Wine War 2010

Haro Jun 8, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Has anyone on VT attended the Haro Wine War in recent years? I plan to be there this year and to stay in Haro for 3 days (preparation, intoxication, rejuvenation). I would love recommendations on things to do/see/eat/avoid. :)

1 Answer Jun 9, 2010 at 11:13 AM
    • First time visiting La Rioja

La Rioja May 25, 2009 at 7:13 AM

We are planning on visiting the La Rioja region in the middle of July for 6 days but are not familiar with the area. We like to visit the small towns and wineries. Is there a central area we can stay or should we do 3 nights at 2 different towns. Any help re trans, where to say, wineries open, etc would be appreciated. Thank
      s.

8 Answers May 28, 2009 at 4:06 PM
    • leila12's Profile Photo

Festivals

La Rioja Apr 11, 2009 at 1:41 PM

I will be in La Rioja from May 14-17. I would like to see a nice local festival, and I believe there may be some great small festivals happening at this time, but I cannot find any information on the internet. Does anyone know of good festivals in La Rioja? Thanks!!!

3 Answers Apr 13, 2009 at 8:36 AM
    • Where should I stay?

La Rioja Mar 25, 2009 at 10:16 AM

I need to be in Logrono for a couple of days in mid May. I'm not sure that I want to stay in a hotel in Logrono since it seems like such a small town. I'm debating between staying in Pamplona, San Sebastian or Madrid.

How far is Logrono from each of these places (I'll have a car) and would you recommend one over the other? And what's the beach/weather like in San Sebastian in May?

Thanks in advance!

5 Answers Mar 27, 2009 at 3:14 AM
    • DaveDeakin's Profile Photo

Vineyards open to the public

La Rioja Feb 4, 2007 at 4:32 AM

Hi everyone
      Can anybody suggest or recommend any Vineyards in La Rioja region of Spain
      open to the general public for wine tasting that can be visited without making advanced booking. We are travelling around Spain next August/September and are not sticking to a ridged route so are unable to plan ahead. Any advice would be very helpful.
      Thanks

1 Answer Feb 4, 2007 at 5:24 AM
    • Restaurants in Logroño

Logroño Nov 22, 2006 at 8:00 AM

Hola!

I heard somebody talking about a popular restaurant here located on the second floor that serves the best roasted meats in town. Terete? Is that the correct name?

• seatpants's Profile Photo

self catering rural house

La Rioja Nov 4, 2005 at 8:05 AM

I am travelling to the region in late April and need recommendations for a place to stay with 4 friends. We are into the food and wine of the region and would like to be close enough to a town to hit some Pintxos bars as well as the wineries but still have our own kitchen etc... Any tips?

• hotels in La Jioja-Navarra

Logroño Oct 18, 2005 at 12:58 PM

I found this hotel, villa de abalos, on the web. It looks good and I wonder if anyone has any inputs about it. I also like to stay at Parador Olite but they have restriction which only avail Sun-Thur. So I have to decide either Villa de abalos or parador de Olite. I like them both but the timing is only good to choose one of them. Thanks.

• AQG's Profile Photo

2005 Festival Schedule - Battle of the Wine?

Haro Sep 19, 2004 at 3:47 PM

Is it true that there is a festival celebrated each year around June called the "Battle of the Wine" in the La Riojo region? Can anybody provide details for the 2005 season -- location, time, suggested hotels? Thanks -

7 Answers Sep 20, 2004 at 10:55 AM
    • Winery opening days/hours

La Rioja Mar 22, 2004 at 2:47 AM

Hi folks! I am from Asia and have always been a fan of Spainish wine. Now that I am going to Spain, I will not miss going to the wineries! As I will be going around Spain, I need to know which days the wineries are opened so that I can plan the my entire trip. In mid May, are the wineries opened for visits / wine tasting on Saturdays and Sundays? Also, what are the usual opening hours? Also if the wineries are usually closed on other days other than Saturday/Sunday, please tell me which day too. Thanks

1 Answer Mar 22, 2004 at 3:23 AM
    • Bilbao - logrono

Logroño Jul 11, 2003 at 12:11 PM

What is the best way to travel from bilbao airport to logrono? Are there buses or a train, or perhaps the only way is to hire a car?

1 Answer Jul 11, 2003 at 2:23 PM