Be the First to Answer

• silab's Profile Photo

One day in Magog

Magog Yesterday

What ca we do in one day Magog?

more
    • Which island to visit - Mingan

Havre-Saint-Pierre Jul 18, 2016 at 4:10 PM

We'll be spending a day in mid-October in Havre Saint Pierre via cruise ship. The cruise ship offers a number of excursions offered to see some of the nearby islands. I would most like to see and photograph the monoliths, I think, but other things interest me as well. The choices I have will be a trip to Ile Niapiskau to hike a trail with oddly-shaped monoliths plus flora and fauna, a trip to Petite Ile Au Marteau (with lighthouse and flora and fauna), a trip to Ile Quarry (by zodiac, I believe), and passing Ile du Fantome before landing and exploring the Quarry monoliths, and a land trip to the Cetacean Research Center (& Innu Culture) plus photo stop at Point-Paradis. They all sound good. The difference in cost and time isn't terribly different from one to another, and physically I'm able to do any of them, so I can't decide which one to take. What I love best is photography - so I'm leaning towards seeing monoliths. However, I'm also a big lighthouse lover (have seen over 400 of them) so the chance to see a lighthouse is tempting me as well. I'm not crazy about museums, although the Cetacean Research Center sounds pretty interesting.

If anyone has opinions I'd love to hear them!

more
    • Road signs

Quebec Jul 20, 2016 at 7:24 PM

We will be traveling by car in rural areas near Quebec city. Are the road signs only in French or in English/French?

more
    • Siege78's Profile Photo

Montmorency Falls

Quebec Jul 5, 2016 at 3:18 PM

When staying in Quebec City what is the best way to get to the falls? Do public busses go there or is it best to book a tour?

more
    • Montreal alternatives

by ArtiStreet Online Now Jun 12, 2006 at 8:43 PM

We are planning a trip to Montreal but can,t find a suitable hotel in Montreal for the first week of the vacation as the Grand Prix is in town. So we are looking at splitting the vacation and spending 4 days in some town and then 4 days in montreal. I heard about La Malbaie and thought that might be a good offset to the faster pace of Montreal. Does anyone have any ideas about La Malbaie or any other town in which to split the vacation. Anyone ever been to the Fairmont Richelieu in La Malbaie? It is really expensive. Wonder if it worth the price. Appreciate yor comments.

2 Answers Jun 13, 2006 at 7:03 PM