VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

L'Estartit Travel Answers

change location

L'Estartit for Christmas and New Year?

by zamfan09 Online Now Sep 27, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Does anyone have experience of L'Estartit over the Christmas / New Year period? Good idea? Baaaaad idea? We have some family business to take care of and can only get away over that period. We have a place to stay in Els Griels. Just wondering what to expect at that time of year?! Anyone?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • JulieMA's Profile Photo

Re: L'Estartit for Christmas and New Year?

by JulieMA Online Now Oct 23, 2012 at 6:32 AM

Hello, a late reply, quiet in Estartit at that time of the year, but still a nice atmosphere, and if you get a sunny days, the walks around Estartit and along the beaches are lovely, coffees at the marina facing the sun - very nice too. Its easy to have a trip to Girona or take the train to Barcelona for a day out.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: L'Estartit for Christmas and New Year?

by flashdba Online Now Dec 13, 2012 at 9:46 AM

hi zamfan09

I myself have an apartment in Els Greills and while i have never been there at Xmas i will say that iit is very very quiet out of season. Not sure if this is what are looking for but i would not advise doing it without a car to get to some good quality resturants in close by towns (again not sureit that if you seen)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines