change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Best route to Swakopmund from Johannesburg

Johannesburg Nov 28, 2016 at 6:03 AM

Hi there,

I am planning to drive through to Swakopmund from Johannesburg in December but am not sure whether its better to travel through Botswana (which seems to be the shorter route at 17h35mins) or through the bottom of Namibia at 20h10mins)...
      Can anyone advise on the better route and give some suggestions with regards to where one can overnight?

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated as we are feeling a little "lost" at the moment and still need to book accommodation along the route...

more
    • Buying second hand car in Cape Town

South Africa Nov 26, 2016 at 10:34 AM

We're thinking of buying a second hand car in Cape Town, for travel with it all over South Africa, Namibia and Botswana.
      Is anyone know how it work in the aspect of ownership transfer as tourist?
      Is there mandatory insurance that we need to have?

more
    • Planning ahead for Cape Town

Cape Town Nov 23, 2016 at 1:22 PM

Hi,

So my partner and I are planning ahead for budget for a trip to cape town in Oct 17. We are looking to do 10 days all in all however 1 night stay @ Safari tour

We would like to know some recommendations on the best, yet affordable safari trips, how close are they to Cape town?

A lady i work with is from Johberg and has family in Cape town and has advised to hire a vehicle and to be careful of public transport, how safe is public transport? And will we need to hire a car?

We are planning to on seeing / doing the majority of the attractions, a safari trip, whale / Shark watch and also a wine tour - Any recommendations on the best value for money trips?

Open to other suggestions on things to do.

If we are able to spend 1 night on safari trip, we will be looking for 9 nights in a hotel / B&B in Cape Town, Not looking for anything 4 star however needs to be livable for the 9 days!

Look forward to reading your answers :)

more
    • Letaba to Phalaborwa

by amwarner2 Online Now Oct 10, 2016 at 8:53 AM

Is it possible to get a transfer from Letaba Rest Camp to Phalaborwa airport to avoid car rental or is the car rental option the best? We will be at the end of almost a month in South Africa and it would be great to have a more stress free trip for our departure.

3 Answers Oct 10, 2016 at 12:29 PM
    • Neilspruit airport - Satara

by frsimpson Online Now Sep 12, 2016 at 4:43 AM

Hi,

We have a 7am flight from ORT-Neilspruit, so will land about 8am. That evening we are staying at Satara camp. We were hoping on entering Kruger via Crocodile Bridge and driving up? Is this a bit too optimistic, would we be better advised to enter via Orpen?

Thanks

FS

5 Answers Sep 19, 2016 at 1:39 AM
    • from MPQ airport - self drive to Kruger

by MikeM2 Online Now May 21, 2016 at 9:27 AM

from MPQ airport - self drive to Kruger -

which is the best route to take
      where should I stay in Kruger - 3 star accommodation
      I have 6 days available

Any suggestions / recommendations welcome

4 Answers Jun 1, 2016 at 10:32 AM
    • hb_capri's Profile Photo

Is dec a good time to visit?

by hb_capri Online Now Feb 18, 2016 at 1:53 AM

Hi,
      We are planning a family vacation with our 5 year old during the 3rd week of December 2016. Is this a good time to visit Kruger? I looked up some info online and read that this is summer time and sometimes theres heavy downpour during these months. Please let me know the pros and cons of visiting during this time of the year.

Thanks in advance

HB

6 Answers Feb 20, 2016 at 11:31 PM
    • July 6-8th 2015 Kruger Park BUDGET TRIP

by maddox5ster Online Now Jun 12, 2015 at 3:53 AM

Hello Everyone:)
      Together with my friend we will be travelling from CT to Kruger Park 6th of July early morning (either OR Tambo Johannesburg airport or Hoedspruit airport) and after 3 days safari we will be going back to George Town (probably from OR Tambo Johannesburg airport). We have a question if somebody is going to Kruger Park those dates and maybe would like to rent a car with us or maybe some safari operator would like to take us:) We have around 4500-5000 rands per person to spend. Not a lot but we are willing to spend nights under bare sky just to experience the most of wild nature:)

Please advise,
      THANK YOU
      Patrycja

2 Answers Jun 15, 2015 at 12:10 PM
    • cybervinayak's Profile Photo

Please Advice on driving a car inside kruger park

by cybervinayak Online Now Feb 8, 2015 at 8:42 PM

Myself and my wife are planning to visit Kruger National park in July 2015. We will be landing in Johannesburg. I wish to drive inside kruger park. Driving from j'burg to Kruger is bit too long drive. is there any other way to hire a car somewhere near kruger? Can I hire a guide who can acompany us in the car?

7 Answers Mar 9, 2015 at 8:54 AM
    • eastrunner's Profile Photo

Day trip to Swaziland

by eastrunner Online Now Jan 28, 2015 at 2:43 AM

Hi All,

We are going to spend a week at Olifants camp in Kruger, we want to do a day trip to Swaziland, is this worth it? Or a tourist trap, do you actually get to go to the local villages and see around meet to people. Also what’s the driving distance like?

ER

1 Answer Jan 28, 2015 at 7:43 AM

Booking Activities in the Sanparks website.....a bit confused

by eastrunner Online Now Jan 26, 2015 at 2:40 PM

Hiya,

Quick question, I'm keen to book accomadation, an I able to add activities later on? or does it all need to be booked together? thanks

ER

1 Answer Jan 26, 2015 at 5:19 PM

Local airport near Kruger to fly to Cape Town

by eastrunner Online Now Jan 20, 2015 at 4:01 AM

Hi There,
      We are going to drive from Jo’berg to Kruger and after a week fly to Cape Town, are there any local airports we can use for low budget airlines instead heading all the way back to Jo’berg. Thanks
      ER

1 Answer Jan 20, 2015 at 5:05 AM
    • How crowded is it end of december beginning of january?

by chiarasf Online Now Sep 23, 2014 at 12:34 AM

I have read that the Christmas holiday is not the best period to visit Kruger because it's crowded. But what does it mean? Is there real traffic? Could I find myself in a long line of cars?
      Thank you for the answers

2 Answers Sep 23, 2014 at 1:58 AM
    • Fit in a waterfall on the way to Kruger?

by kunmingirl Online Now Sep 6, 2014 at 11:04 AM

We will be driving from Johannesburg to Kruger, to Orpan Gate to get to Satara Camp. We have been looking at the panorama route and it seems so tempting, but we just can't add another day to this trip - we have only 3 nights in Kruger (we're on our way home from Namibia). So my question is, if we leave Jo'burg at 7 a.m., is there any way we can drive to at least see a waterfall around Sabie (or indeed elsewhere) and still get to Satara at a reasonable time? What route shall we drive and where might we stop? We shall have to make a supermarket stop on the way as well, and were planning to do so in or around Nelspruit. We are more than open to great advice from you experienced Kruger people, and thank you in advance.

5 Answers Sep 9, 2014 at 12:41 PM
    • money and transport?

by RNinSKY Online Now Jul 11, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Hi
      Do you advise using only Rand while in and around Johannesburg/Kruger instead of the US dollar?
      What do you think is the best/safest way to get from Johannesburg to Kruger, drive or flight to Nelspruit airport?
      Is spending some time seeing Blyde River Canyon a good ideal?
      Should we get more insurance on the rental car, just in case an animal decides to play with us?

Thanks so much, everyone's answers are very helpful in my research!

4 Answers Jul 12, 2014 at 3:02 AM
    • rifatkiral's Profile Photo

drive plan

by rifatkiral Online Now Jul 10, 2014 at 1:54 AM

I want to go to park from Nelspruit. I booked hotel near Paul Kruger gate. I want to go from Melalane gate to kruger gate passing trough inside the park. Second day I want to drive the south part again . is this plan appropriate? thanks your feedbacks.

3 Answers Jul 12, 2014 at 2:54 AM
    • rifatkiral's Profile Photo

map of kruger park

by rifatkiral Online Now Jul 6, 2014 at 7:25 AM

how can I find kruger natinal park road map ?

4 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 1:51 PM
    • From Crocodile Bridge to Olifants Rest Camp

by Voice2003 Online Now Jun 23, 2014 at 4:00 AM

At what time do we have to be at the gate in Crocodile Bridge if we have to arrive at Olifants at 17:30?

1 Answer Jun 23, 2014 at 4:35 AM
    • Transport Rifle through Park

by rjjourneys Online Now Jun 16, 2014 at 5:03 PM

We will be traveling in S.Africa with a rifle. Part of the time, we plan to be in KNP about 17 days. Will we be allowed to take the rifle with us in park or can you suggest somewhere outside of park that will store it?

J.J.

4 Answers Jun 19, 2014 at 3:44 PM
    • can you help with something i don't understand in the accommodation information?

by kunmingirl Online Now Jun 13, 2014 at 1:06 PM

we are booked into a bungalow in satara which is described as follows:
      "BD2N (BUNGALOW): Air-conditioning &
      ceiling fan, Barbeque Facilities, Kitchenette,
      No Smoking, Wc and shower"
      does this mean we have no fridge and no cooking utensils? because the description of the safari tent we booked in lower sabie says:
      "LST2 (SAFARI TENT): 2 single beds, Ceiling
      Fan, Fridge, Kitchenette, No additional
      persons allowed, No Smoking, Utensils, Wc
      and shower".
      to me it seems strange to give us a kitchenette but no fridge or utensils, but maybe if they're not detailed they're really not there? i'd appreciate any information from people who have used this kind of accommodation in the park!
      thanks a lot.

5 Answers Jun 14, 2014 at 8:20 AM
    • Punda Maria Gate

by rjjourneys Online Now Jun 11, 2014 at 8:20 AM

If we don't make it to Punda Maria Gate in time to make it to the restcamp, is there a place outside gate that is close to park our rv/motorhome for the night?

1 Answer Jun 12, 2014 at 1:09 AM
    • Camping in RV/motorhome in Rest Camps

by rjjourneys Online Now May 19, 2014 at 9:55 AM

In July we are traveling in rv/motor home without reservations for camp site. If all rv/motor home camp sites are occupied, are we allowed to come in rest camp gate and just park and sleep for the night? Thanks J.J.

3 Answers May 20, 2014 at 12:50 AM
    • Is car rental a must for visiting Kruger?

by A.Toniutti Online Now May 19, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Hi Everybody. I am planning to book a wilderness in Kruger next December? I shall be reaching Nelspruit airport and was thinking to use the shuttle bus company suggested by the Park internet page, but my question is: will I be able to reach the meeting point (camp in case I reach the night before trail starts) from the entrance gate or will I be stuck with no transport option?

thanks

6 Answers May 20, 2014 at 2:08 AM
    • Best economical lodge/camp or July 2014

by Africanow Online Now May 13, 2014 at 3:28 PM

We'll be staying at Kruger for 4 days, and want to know what is the best, middle priced lodge or camp for myself and my grown son, especially for viewing big game. Prefer a lodge where there's a restaurant and small grocery store. Do not really want to do all the cooking after a long day out in the bush. Is it possible to find such an accommodation at this late stage of the game? If not, what else might you suggest re accommodations. We'll be flying in from U.S. and spending some time also in Johannesburg.

2 Answers May 16, 2014 at 11:27 PM
    • Sleeping Bag Rental

by kbf1kbf1 Online Now Apr 28, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Can one rent a sleeping bag in Kruger

2 Answers Apr 29, 2014 at 2:04 AM
    • Booking game drives at KNP camps

by MadhuMadhavan Online Now Apr 10, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Can game drives be booked at the time the accommodation is booked?
      If not, how do I ensure I don't miss out on the sunset and/or night drive on the day I arrive?

Also, how early can one check into the camps? 12 noon?

3 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 10:12 AM
    • Vegetarian food

by MadhuMadhavan Online Now Apr 5, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Is good vegetarian food available at the Kruger National Park rest camps?

10 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 5:57 AM
    • Letaba and Satara rest camps Kruger

by Kalpana123 Online Now Mar 7, 2014 at 7:08 AM

We are looking at staying 2 nights each at Letaba and Satara. Do you think its a good idea? We would be having our own car. Any help in planning our trip will be great as we are running out on available accommodations.

2 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 8:54 AM
    • best season at Kruger National Park South Africa

by BunnyB Online Now Feb 18, 2014 at 2:49 AM

which is the best period/month to visit Kruger National Park South Africa for wildlife

3 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 3:29 AM
    • just starting to plan our trip to kruger, thanks in advance for answering a zillion questions!

by kunmingirl Online Now Feb 15, 2014 at 11:58 AM

we just a few days ago realised we can visit kruger after our trip to namibia, but haven't a clue how to go about it! we will be coming during the first week of october from jo'burg in a rented car. so now the questions begin:
      do we need a 4X4?
      is it possible to stay in one camp the whole time (we'll have 4-5 nights) and drive around every day, or should we plan a progression from south to north?
      what camps do you recommend, and why? we will be looking at basic bungalows. will life be more peaceful in smaller camps, and if so, which are those?
      i'm wondering if the way to manage is to buy things for breakfast and lunch, and eat supper at a cafe at the camp. is this how things are done? is there any chance in the universe that we two vegetarians will find what to eat?
      and please tell me everything else that this newbie clearly needs to learn fast! i realise that we need to make up our minds and reserve accommodation soon or we'll be out of luck, so i need to push a rapid learning curve. i do realise that we can get maps and maybe a wildlife guide at the park itself, and that as well as self-drive we should take some guided trips and walks.
      thank you very much for your help, it's much appreciated.

4 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 12:29 PM
    • driving to Kruger

by lucilleswim Online Now Jan 21, 2014 at 12:00 PM

is there a bus we can get from Johannesburg to Kruger National Park. I am afraid to drive

1 Answer Apr 8, 2014 at 12:16 PM
    • Cogee's Profile Photo

Gratitude/tipping

by Cogee Online Now Jan 19, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Me and a friend are going to South Africa for the first time in March and one of the mail hightlights vill be Kruger. We've booked a tour and I'm wondering about the unwritten rules of tipping. Is it expected of you tip the guide/at the lodge? If so how much?

3 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 5:47 PM
    • easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Best time to visit

by easterntrekker Online Now Jan 7, 2014 at 1:11 PM

We are thinking about visiting next Sept but are wondering if it's too cold that time of year. also we plan to stop for a week in Cape Town first...

13 Answers Jan 9, 2014 at 2:54 AM