Kramer Junction

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Alamitos Beach, between Orange avenue and Cherry

Long Beach Aug 16, 2016 at 10:53 AM

Is it safe to live in Alamitos between Orange avenue and Cherry street, south of Broadway? I am trying to find a place to live and I was just wondering if this area is safe to live in. I have heard conflicting information on the area and would like to know from someone who lives in Long Beach and knows the area. Thank you!

more
    • Tioga Pass mid September this year

Death Valley National Park Aug 21, 2016 at 12:48 AM

Hi, mid September this year we are hiring a car in Las Vegas and planning to drive through Death Valley via Pahrump, to Lone Pine. Would this be a good overnight enroute to Yosemite? We then plan to drive the Tioga Pass (HWY 120) to get to Yosemite the following day. Is this Do-able in September or will there be a chance the road will be closed due to snow? We will just have a normal car. TIA

more
    • Santa Catalina Island

California Aug 28, 2016 at 10:16 AM

Have anyone visited Santa Catalina Island? Ferry from LA?
      Good hotels to a reasonable price? Where to stay?
      Ok to spend a week on this Island - 4 adults and 3 teenagers.
      Happy for any information
      Best regards
      Turid/Norway

more
    • What to do in Silicon Valley in October?

San Francisco Aug 26, 2016 at 4:57 PM

What to do in Silicon Valley in October? I'm going to be in California's Silicon Valley in October. I'd love recommendations on where to stay and activities. I plan to go to San Francisco at least 1-2 days. Thanks!

more
    • Any Alternatives to Valley -> Tuolumne Hikers Bus?

Yosemite National Park Aug 23, 2016 at 10:22 PM

Hi Everyone

So a few weeks before the Yosemite Valley -> Tuolumne Meadows Hikers bus schedule was finalized, I booked campsites in the valley for mid-September (I have to do them 4 months early or else the spots are always gone) since the description on the NPS site said the buses would run through late September.

Now the schedule is out and the bus ends on September 11: travelyosemite.com/things-to...

I already paid for my campgrounds and my plans to use the bus are foiled.

Is there an alternative? I want to do a 1 way hike from Tuolumne Meadows to Yosemite Valley and I was counting on the buses to run.

more
    • Rental of wheel chair

San Francisco Aug 14, 2016 at 11:09 PM

Traveling to San Francisco late August 2016. I'm bringing a friend with bad foot injury and also having my 2 year old with me. I am trying to look for a company in SFO that rents or possibly loans out: a baby car seat, strollers and crutches. items must be in great clean condition..Also, being delivered or pickup nearby the airport would be amazing since we don't know S.F all that much. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know I'm asking a lot but taking and bringing these items on the airplane is just a bit of a headache.

more
    • Drive Through Death Valley in May or June?

Death Valley National Park Aug 27, 2016 at 9:54 AM

I wanna do a road trip in 2017. I want to go late may to early june, after visit Vegas, i wana drive through death valley. I would start early in vegas then visit dantes view, badwater, artist palette and masquite sand dunes. I would leave vegas at 6am, and have to leave mesquite dunes at about 6pm, driving to mammoth lakes for staying the night.

Is this time enough to see those points? I heard it is really hot in may and june, but they mention it should be okay if you just want to visit the places by car, and not do long hikes or so. Is that true?

I have to do it in late may or early june, because of the seasonal road closure in Yosmite Park..

What do you think about it?

more
    • Is Jefferson Park a relatively safe place to stay in LA if one is driving themselves everywhere?

Los Angeles Aug 2, 2016 at 1:51 PM

Hey everyone. I'm a 32 year old male from Canada. I'm going to travel the Pacific Coast this summer by myself in my car. I've never done a solo trip and I'm finding it exciting and scary all at the same time.

My first leg is going to be to rush down to LA and stay there a week. I've gone back and forth on a couple hostels and I found one that doesn't seem like a party hostel and looks like a great value. It's in Jefferson Park and it's called The Anderson Estates. The hostel is at 1932 Rochester Cir, Los Angeles, CA 90018. I've reached out online to people who have stayed there and I hear great things and they say that the neighbourhood was kinda sketchy but they all seemed to travel by transit from there without issues.

I'm hearing mixed messages when I research this. One person from LA will say "NEVER EVER go into Jefferson Park unless you want to be stabbed 100 times a minute and it will happen 100% of the time so don't even think about leaving your hotel while here!" Then the next post will say "Don't listen to that nut, South Central LA is a lot better these days and as long as you are driving and not walking around after dark, you are fine."

Who do I believe? If anyone has an opinion on this, I would love to hear it. I would also love to hear a little about why you feel that way. I find that "help" that just tries to scare you or put you at ease without facts is empty. Is there anyone from LA that has actually been around this part of LA and can actually tell me about it? Does it seem 70% safe or 30%? Am I safe at this hostel in JP considering that I'll be going out at night only a few times in the week to see a comedy show but that I'll be in my car driving straight back to the hostel (going to Largo or UCB theatres only and going straight back to the hostel). Any thoughts, Angelenos?

more
    • California Roadtrip & Yellowstone NP, When & What Car?

California Aug 29, 2016 at 4:05 AM

I'm planning a Roadtrip to California. I would arrive at Los Angeles. I want to see LA (2days are enough, been here before) Las Vegas Yosemite San Francisco Drive from SF to LA via Highway No1 with 1-2 stopover nights.

And i want to see Yellowstone National Park by fly to Idaho/Jackson hole

My timeframe would be around 20days.

So when to go? I could go in Late April-Early June, or Septemper-October.

Spring: Tioga Pass maybe still closed, for Yosmite i would have to go via Bakersfield Yosmite would have beautiful waterfalls LV Area is not so hot Coastal Weather at HGW1 would be not so good ( i head) Yellowstone nice

Fall: Tioga Pass sure open No waterfalls, but maybe autumn colors? Coastal Weather is good (they write sep-oct is best for that) LV are not so hot Yellowstone nice

What would you suggest. I read that Yellowstone is both nice in Spring and Fall so that is not the critical point. In Spring i maybe will hit Memorial Day what would result in high cost and many people?

About the car, what would be best for this journey, is a 4x4 or so needed? I would go for a standard SUV thing, but maybe there's something better?

more
    • Wheere is this place ?

San Diego Aug 21, 2016 at 1:32 AM

I believe in Usa, i think California but really i don't know excatly where it is.

more
    • Should we visit in April?

Sequoia National Park Aug 6, 2016 at 8:01 AM

So I'm currently looking to plan my family's first trip to California. There will be myself my husband and son who's 6. The plan was to stay in Anaheim, visit Disney 2 days a few days at the beach then spend a week travelling to national parks.
      The plan was to go up to Yosemite onto sequoia then Joshua trees before heading back to the airport.
      My question is. Will the national parks be accessible enough in April? (Np dates 14th to 20th).?
      The reason im looking at April is because the flight total is £2000 less and it's the only school holiday that has 2 weeks other than Xmas and summer.
      But if there's not enough to do and enjoy in April should I save up and wait until summer 2018?
      I've read so much on the Internet and feel I really need to ask someone who knows.
      Many thanks

more
    • Sunset blvd

Hollywood Aug 1, 2016 at 5:36 PM

Staying in a hotel for a few nights in the Thai town/little Armenia area called Americas best value inn.
      Looking for a bit of info on the area really. I know it's not far from the metro station (10 min walk if I'm correct) which is ideal for getting to touristy destinations I plan to go. I'm not hiring a car so will be dependant on public transport and uber. Is there anything around the area I am that's worth checking out and in general is it a relatively safe place to be based for my trip?
      Any and all info is greatly appreciated

more
    • RV storage

Redwood City Aug 10, 2016 at 3:19 PM

Hi,
      I would put my french RV in a guarded parking for 4 months at Redwood city California
      Thanks for your reply
      N. Antoni

more
    • Visiting Mexico from Las Vegas

California Aug 28, 2016 at 4:37 AM

Hello

Vi are traveling around the USA next summer. We will be visiting Las Vegas on Fourth of July, and after that we would like to spend one week on the beach somewhere. The question is where...We have been thinking of San Diego, or maybe crossing the border to Mexico. Is it easy to get in to Mexico and then back to the USA? Any recommendations for beach holiday will be appreciated. We are leaving from Los Angeles and will spend the last four days of our holiday there.
      Best regards
      Turid/Norway

more