Krakow

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Krakow to Prague

by packtarl Online Now Aug 29, 2016 at 9:43 AM

I want to get from Krakow to Prague by train. How many trains are there each day? How long is the journey? What is the cost? And do I need to buy tickets in advance or can I just buy them at Krakow station on the day? There will be 4 of us. many thanks.

7 Answers Sep 7, 2016 at 3:09 AM
    • Copernicus telescope?

by Teri7 Online Now Aug 25, 2016 at 2:52 AM

Hi,

I have heard that in Krakow there is a church with some kind of telescope which belonged to Nicolaus Copernicus. Is something like that situated in Krakow? I cannot find the information anywhere on the internet. If yes where could I find the church?

Thanks

3 Answers Aug 26, 2016 at 7:11 AM
    • visiting auschwitz and krakow

by Mrswilson12 Online Now Aug 20, 2016 at 3:50 AM

hi me and my husband are thinking of booking a trip for late November we live in the UK and I was wondering what everyone would suggest.
      we're think 3 to 4 days but where would you recommend staying and what else would you recommend seeing. any help would be amazing thanks

5 Answers Aug 22, 2016 at 6:19 AM
    • Airport to city

by dewijones Online Now Aug 8, 2016 at 3:02 AM

I will be arriving at Krakow airport at 21:55 with Easyjet.
      Will I have any problems getting into the city at this time of night ?
      What are the options ?
      thanks

3 Answers Aug 8, 2016 at 12:30 PM
    • rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Any one want to meet for a meal or drink?

by rexvaughan Online Now Jul 21, 2016 at 6:10 PM

We will be in Krakow from Tuesday afternoon, August 16 and leaving Saturday morning, August 20. If anyone is interested and available, we would love to meet for a drink or a meal. Just let me know and we can arrange time and place.

1 Answer Jul 22, 2016 at 6:05 AM
    • Flight to Brussels on 18/7

by kazrose56 Online Now Jun 12, 2016 at 4:37 PM

Hi,

I am in Australia and beginning a tour of Europe starting in Paris on 20/6 I will be in Krakow on 17th July and have to get to Brussels and on to Lille (by train) on 18th July. I have found a flight at 8.55am but am having problems with the Ryanair site (it gets to the payment by Paypal stage and then errors?? I have just gone to Edreams and they want to charge me an extra $23 to book flight from Australia. Is it better for me to wait until I am in Europe to book this flight? The flight is going up all the time. It started out at $39 when I began having a problem and is now at $66. I really have to get this flight as am attending the Fromelles Centenary and meeting up with people for dinner in Lille on 18th. Other means of transport obviously take too long.
      Karen

8 Answers Jun 16, 2016 at 7:40 AM
    • meeson's Profile Photo

flights from luton

by meeson Online Now May 6, 2016 at 6:24 AM

Hi vt'ers

Ive been Poland loads of times and just booked a hotel for Krakow. I can't seem to find a flight from Luton. Can't believe they don't fly there. Am I missing something ?

Anybody know if there are flights from Luton

6 Answers May 7, 2016 at 12:10 PM
    • TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

Krakow Airport ATM's

by TooTallFinn24 Online Now Apr 20, 2016 at 8:32 PM

Some of the smaller airports in Europe do not have ATM's. Does the airport in Krakow have one? If so where is it located? I don't want to have to order money here or have to go through a money exchange in Poland. Thanks!

3 Answers Apr 21, 2016 at 10:29 AM
    • TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

new train from airport to downtown

by TooTallFinn24 Online Now Mar 1, 2016 at 7:50 PM

I have heard that there is a new more efficient train that has service from the Krakow Airport to downtown Krakow. If this is so when did it start service and how often does it run? We will be arriving in mid May.

8 Answers Mar 6, 2016 at 4:46 AM
    • DO I NEED A GUIDE IN KRAKOW

by ruthadler Online Now Feb 6, 2016 at 3:08 AM

is it necessary to take a guide in Krakow? is it easy enough to navigate without one? We have two days plus one for Auschwitz

16 Answers Jul 26, 2016 at 12:33 AM
    • Best way to get from Warsaw airport to Krakow

by Golpe Online Now Jan 9, 2016 at 11:08 PM

We will be arriving to Warsaw at 9 am and want to go directly to Krakow. Are there any buses or vans from the airport that go to Krakow or do we have to go into Warsaw and take the train? If so, what is the best way by train?
      Thank you.

13 Answers Jan 18, 2016 at 11:49 PM
    • carloarg02's Profile Photo

Warsaw->Krakow: by plane or by train?

by carloarg02 Online Now Jan 5, 2016 at 1:42 PM

So Warsaw->Krakow seems to be about an hour flight, but taking into account that you need to be at the airport 2 hours before, and how long it takes to get from Old Town Warsaw to the WAW airport, and from the Krakow airport to Old Town Cracow, it ends up being about a 4-hour ordeal (I think?).

Seems like the train is about 2.5 hours, so all in all the train may be faster than the airport.

Would you guys have a recommendation either way?

It would be for traveling around 2pm.

thanks!

10 Answers Jan 6, 2016 at 2:01 PM
    • Restaurants open Christmas Eve in Krakow

by Lenka.S. Online Now Nov 25, 2015 at 1:39 PM

Hello, do you know about restaurant in Krakow, that are open during christmas holidays? I am intersted in terms 24.12.2015 and 25.12.2015. Thank you very much in advance for your recomendations.

3 Answers Nov 26, 2015 at 5:29 AM
    • i going to krakow for few days with some friends

by MartinBerg Online Now Sep 7, 2015 at 6:19 AM

hello i going to krakow With some friends to saturday and we just Wonder what do you have to pay to get a good meal and what does beer and drinks cost in krakow. We are going to see salt mines and and the camp from world war 2. but we are realy currius about the drink prices can some help us With that.

6 Answers Feb 4, 2016 at 4:34 AM
    • Nightlife in Poland

by gigi2347 Online Now Aug 17, 2015 at 9:47 PM

I am traveling to Krakow, Poland next year. I will be just under 18 years old, so I am underage to drink. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of fun things to do at night that is reasonably priced and not super touristy? I will be staying near Old Town, so something too, that would be reasonably close. Any suggestions are welcome.

13 Answers Feb 22, 2016 at 2:05 AM
    • minnie_rambler's Profile Photo

Cheap yet fashionable women Clothings in Krakow

by minnie_rambler Online Now Jul 16, 2015 at 10:19 AM

Hello Friends,

I am planning to visit Poland in mid of August. I will be covering Krakow, Gdansk and Warsaw. My longest stay will be at Krakow. Please help me to figure out places/shops/markets/areas from where I would be able to buy cheaper yet trendy fashionable women clothings and accessories.
      I don't want high street brands but inexpensive stylish women clothings.
      Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions :)

Best Regards
      minnie_rambler

9 Answers Jul 21, 2015 at 5:00 AM
    • Catching a Bus in Krakow

by trader4jc Online Now Jun 19, 2015 at 10:17 PM

I want to take a bus from the Krakow airport, that departs 55 minutes after my plane lands. Will that be enough time to get luggage, and clear customs?

8 Answers Jun 27, 2015 at 11:10 AM
    • Homanded's Profile Photo

Cost of Taxi

by Homanded Online Now May 24, 2015 at 8:25 AM

What should we expect to pay for a cab ride between airport and our Hotel Polleral in Krakow:

Szpitalna 30 st., 31-024

5 Answers Feb 4, 2016 at 5:23 AM
    • TerenceG2's Profile Photo

Getting to Auschwitz Birkneau Memorial

by TerenceG2 Online Now May 17, 2015 at 9:56 AM

I am currently planning a trip for my family, and am doing some research about how we can reach Auschwitz Memorial & Museum. Till now I have found the PoloRail Website, however I heard that it is possible to travel from Krakow Old Town to the Auschwitz Memorial via bus?

Can someone explain possible transport methods/and the respective prices? (apart from car rental - as I am from Malta and am not comfortable with left hand drive)

Thanks, Terence

10 Answers Jun 28, 2015 at 12:47 AM
    • Krakow to Prague. Day train situations

by HugoG10 Online Now May 15, 2015 at 8:49 PM

I will travel to Poland in July with my wife and waughter. I saw several pages from Poland and Zchec Republic and stil uncertain how to get there. I prefer to travel during the day. Does anyone have a useful tip or idea? Thank you for your time and support!

20 Answers Aug 25, 2015 at 9:53 AM
    • tours in Krakow

by larisanayman Online Now May 13, 2015 at 12:36 PM

We will be staying in Krakow fro June 8 to June 11, and interested in Aushwitz and Dunajec River Rafting Tour.
      Could someone recommend us a good tour agency?
      We need either Russian or English speaking guide,
      Also, has anyone taken the rafting tour, is worth spending 8-9 hours for that particular tour?
      Thank you,
      Larisa.

9 Answers May 14, 2015 at 11:57 AM
    • private guides at Auschwitz without tour from Krakow?

by tcaplus Online Now May 13, 2015 at 7:17 AM

We have our own car and are driving to Auschwitz and want a private or small group tour. Is it possible to find a private guide at the entrance? I contacted numerous companies in Krakow and they only have tours that include transport to/from Krakow. Any links or suggestions for budget travelers?

11 Answers May 14, 2015 at 12:00 PM
    • Anyone have the recipe for Pod Wawelem's sour potato salad?

by AnnP27 Online Now May 9, 2015 at 10:54 AM

I am looking for this recipe.

6 Answers May 10, 2015 at 6:13 AM
    • outdoorz13's Profile Photo

Renting bicycles in Krakow

by outdoorz13 Online Now May 7, 2015 at 7:04 PM

Hello, We will be in Krakow in June. We were wondering if there is somewhere nearby that is nice to ride bicycles to for half day or so. A relaxing pretty ride through country, not busy roads or industrial areas. Maybe a lake or a river or a small quaint village or town. Also need a recommendation on where to rent the bicycles. Thank you.

3 Answers May 13, 2015 at 1:57 AM
    • Train from Krakow to Berlin

by mrzelda Online Now May 2, 2015 at 1:29 AM

Hi, my friend and I intend to travel from Krakow to Berlin either as an overnight sleeper train on 17 Jun, or an early morning train on 18 Jun. However we're having some trouble booking the train. I've tried both DB Bahn and the Polish Rail website. Could anyone recommend a particular train schedule, price and website that we can book on that we can consider? We would prefer a sleeper train to save money on lodgings, but the early morning train would be fine as well. Thanks very much!

3 Answers May 2, 2015 at 9:52 AM
    • Angenmax's Profile Photo

Auschwitz/Salt Mine tour

by Angenmax Online Now Apr 21, 2015 at 4:21 AM

Hi,

My sister and I will be visiting Krakow in June in order to visit Auschwitz and the Salt Mines. We hope to do this in one day. I know it will be a long day but we have very limited time in Krakow. Was wondering if anyone might be able to suggest a tour company to do this with. We would need to be picked up from out hotel in Krakow, transferred to Auschwitz. We are interested in guided tour (English) of Auschwitz and Birkenau. Transfer would be required to the salt mine and transfer back to our hotel when finished. We are looking for the best company to book for our big day out. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

21 Answers Apr 24, 2015 at 1:32 AM
    • outdoorz13's Profile Photo

Getting from Krakow to Prague

by outdoorz13 Online Now Apr 13, 2015 at 1:19 PM

Hello. I see a post a few lines down about the overnight train from Krakow to Prague. Can anybody give me updated information about this? Is this the best or only website on which I can see train schedules between these routes? I wasnt planning an overnight train but if that is the best option then I am willing. Thank you.

13 Answers May 7, 2015 at 6:58 PM
    • Dentists in Krakow

by SusanFisher Online Now Apr 13, 2015 at 2:55 AM

Has anyone visited some dentists in Krakow? Could you please recommend dental clinics with affordable prices?

2 Answers Apr 15, 2015 at 12:12 AM
    • Shopping for small Kitchen appliances

by maryar50 Online Now Mar 6, 2015 at 7:07 AM

What is the best place to buy an electric skillet (deep dish style)? (I asked this question earlier, but nt sure it posted. It was before I joined VirtualTourist.)

3 Answers Mar 7, 2015 at 9:50 AM
    • Angenmax's Profile Photo

Accommodation suggestions please.

by Angenmax Online Now Feb 18, 2015 at 1:11 AM

Hello,

My sister and I will be travelling to Krakow in June and were wondering if anyone could suggest the 'best' area of the city to stay with regards to safety and access to popular tourist attractions. What are the 'must see' and 'must do' when visiting Krakow?

Thanks in advance,
      Andrea

11 Answers Apr 24, 2015 at 4:33 AM