Kolkata (Calcutta)

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Tour operator and 3 star hotel

Delhi Nov 11, 2016 at 5:42 AM

I intend to visit North India from New Delhi in December with my husband and two kids .Can u recommend a reliable tour operator and a nice 3 star hotel with wifi access and other facilities (comfortable family rooms/ hot water/bed and breakfast/store, room for luggage, airport pickup ) near shopping centers in New Delhi?

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Clearing Customs and Immigration at Hyderabad Airport for overseas flight

Hyderabad Nov 7, 2016 at 3:36 AM

Has anyone recently cleared Customs and Immigration at Hyderabad Rajiv Gandhi International Airport for overseas flight? Does the queue really take one hour to clear? How many hours are enough to check-in for international flight at Hyderabad Airport? Must travelers from an un-connected domestic flight set aside 4 hours to check-in and clear Immigration queue at Hyderabad Airport?

more
    • vpas's Profile Photo

Best shops/weavers to buy saris in Varanasi

Varanasi Nov 6, 2016 at 7:05 PM

Which is an authentic shop selling saris in Varanasi? I wish to buy cotton Banarsi saris that are handwoven.
      Any other suggestions regarding travel in Varanasi by local members would be gratefully acknowledged. I am there for a wedding for just two days.
      Thank you

more
    • Where do I hire a self-drive car in Jaisalmer?

Jaisalmer 16 hours ago

Most of the popular options like ZoomCar don't operate in Jaisalmer and the hotel I booked into hasn't got a clue. Any pointers?

more
    • Buying real pearls in India

India Nov 30, 2016 at 12:23 PM

I have bought a double necklace of white pearls with silver clasp at Guwahati airport and paid about 130.- USD. It's quite heavy. Are real pearls for this price?

more
    • Connection flights, confused

New Delhi Nov 29, 2016 at 6:00 AM

hey guys quick question .

I am travelling from Toronto Canada on Feb 24,2016 to Delhi, India and returning back to Canada March 20,2016 it is a round trip. . When I land in Delhi, I will drive to Punjab the same day I land because of a wedding.

On March 1 me and my friend will book a round trip from Delhi to pune.

So I will depart March 1 from Delhi to pune and have my return ticket back to Delhi March 20, (same day as my return ticket back to Canada)

My question is once I return from pune back to Delhi will I have to get out of airport to check into my flight back for Canada or can I just stay in the airport and check into my back to Canada flight.?..

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Arrival and Departure Halls of Coimbatore International Airport

Coimbatore Nov 18, 2016 at 3:52 AM

Can i know whether the arrival and departure halls of Coimbatore International Airport are in the same terminal building? Or i need to walk further from one terminal building to another? How long does it take for me to reach the departure hall from the arrival hall in this airport?

more
    • SLLiew's Profile Photo

Bus from ISB Kashmir Gate to IGI Delhi Airport

Delhi Nov 16, 2016 at 12:37 AM

I am planning to take a bus between Thursday midnite to 1:30am from the Inter State Bus Station at Kashmir Gate to the airport. Can I just buy the bus ticket at the bus terminal just before bus departure or do I have to buy ticket a day in advance to ensure seating. How far will the bus stop from Terminal 3, walking distance? or need to take a taxi? Thank you.

more
    • maestrousmc's Profile Photo

Update on Currency

India Nov 28, 2016 at 2:48 AM

Hello everyone. I will be traveling to Mumbai-Jaipur-Delhi in two weeks. I have read the previous post regarding the currency issues but can anyone provide an update on the situation?

more
    • alamtapash's Profile Photo

India Visit - where to go in December?

India Nov 27, 2016 at 3:11 AM

Hi,

Hopefully I will reach Kolkata airport on 16th Dec, 2016 with my family (my 2 kids and wife). One of my kid is 11 years and other is 7 years.

We have a holiday 10 - 12 days. My wife likes to visit Taj Mahal, Agra.

After that we like to visit naturally beautiful places and want to spend few days there; such as - hill areas or sea shores.
      In India, my plan is to travel long distant places by train.

On my way back, we would like to stay in Kolkata 1 / 2 days. We have tried to make a plan but cannot do that ourselves.

It would be great help if we get hints how to make our trip worth and enjoyable in India.

Thanks,

Shariful Alam

more
    • Payment to Marvelous journeys

India Nov 17, 2016 at 2:05 AM

I need to make a payment to this company. They ask me to enter INR and to use MasterCard. I will be using a UK card so in GBR. They say bank automatically converts! Does anyone have experience of this please.

more
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

Swimming & Beaches in/near Kochi ?

Kochi Nov 30, 2016 at 12:49 AM

I am planning to visit Kochi next autumn and having looked at the beach photos on Google Earth, I am not sure this is a great place to swim. Can anyone advise me about the beaches in the area and which ones are attractive and good for swimming ?

Also is Kochi a good place to stay in the Kerala area or should I be looking elsewhere in the area ? I like beach and places of interest as a holiday mix. Planning to stay 10 days

more
    • Need to rent an apartment for two months

Goa Nov 29, 2016 at 4:56 AM

Hi!

We are a Swedish family coming to goa in early February 2017. We would like to rent an apartment to stay in for two months. We would like the apartment to be air-conditioned. Any help with this is very much appreciated.

/ Best regards, Hakan Gleissman with family

more
    • car and driver hire

Jodpur Nov 12, 2016 at 7:57 AM

can anyone recommend a reliable company to drive 4 people from Jodphur to Udaipur, with stops, over 4 days

more
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

Kochi to Munnar ?

Munnar Nov 30, 2016 at 4:51 AM

How does one get to Munnar from Kochi, and then onward to Thekkady ?

more
    • Reference Book/ Guide

India Nov 3, 2016 at 8:02 AM

I am planning a 15 day solo trip to Rajasthan and want to visit all the historical places. Please suggest a reference book or Guide Book

more
    • Food on trains

India Nov 19, 2016 at 5:08 AM

I am making two overnight journeys on trains in India. Is food available and does it need to be preordered?

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Question about public toilets in Coimbatore and sleeping area in Coimbatore airport

Coimbatore Nov 9, 2016 at 4:43 PM

Hi, is there toilet facility inside Coimbatore International Airport? Is it easy to find public toilet in Coimbatore? Is there toilet at GeeDee Car Museum? I have been informed there is no lounge for passengers to rest in the airport during a layover of 5 to 6 hours. Passengers can only enter with valid ticket and sit on chair. Are the chairs adequate? Is it advisable to book a hotel room near the airport to rest for the duration before checking in for Spice Jet evening flight to Hyderabad? I arrive in Coimbatore from Chennai by Air Carnival at nearly 1 pm local time on 10 December.

more
    • Trip to India in December

India Nov 4, 2016 at 9:37 PM

Is december a suitable month to visit New Delhi - Rishikesh- Agra? Need advice on appropriate 3 star hotel for 2 adults and 2 children aged 13 and 17 in New Delhi near shopping centres and tourist attractions.

more
    • domestic airport t1 departures congestion

New Delhi Nov 7, 2016 at 5:04 PM

A local says get there four hours before takeoff, with long check-in lines and 1km length for security check. I wonder what VTs have experienced there.

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Where to go near Bangalore International Airport between 10.30 am and 2.10 pm?

Bangalore Nov 7, 2016 at 2:56 PM

I will be landing in Bangalore airport at 10.30 am on 10 December. Between 10.30 am and 2.10 pm is there any nearby tourist destination i can visit without staying in an external hotel? I will be carrying one luggage and one sling bag.

If there is no tourist destination nearby the airport, do you recommend me to change my itinerary and add one more domestic flight from Bangalore to another Indian airport like Coimbatore and from Coimbatore to Chennai airport before arriving in Hyderabad airport for flight to Singapore at 1.40 am on 11 December?

Is there a transit hotel inside the arrival section of Bangalore airport?

more
    • bobsnicholson's Profile Photo

Taxi/driver and car

India Nov 28, 2016 at 7:29 AM

We arrive Delhi Airport Feb 13th. We don't like the chaos of obtaining a taxi at the airport.
      We need to go to The Lemon Tree Hotel in Manesar. Could somebody please advise a good reliable driver/car who can meet us at arrivals clearly displaying our names so we can approach.
      How much should the car/driver cost for this trip.
      many thanks

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

How do tourists pay in cash in India now?

Bangalore Nov 12, 2016 at 6:19 AM

Can i know under the currency crisis in India, how do tourists get and pay in cash to the shops and taxi drivers in India? How long will it take for tourists to get the new 500 Indian Rupee and 2000 Indian Rupee notes? I will be in Bengaluru on 8 December before moving on to Hyderabad, Chennai and Coimbatore, and i do not want to meet the same problems of paying in cash in these cities.

more
    • Deep85's Profile Photo

Do I need transit visa at Dhaka airport

by Deep85 Online Now May 13, 2016 at 12:50 PM

Hi everyone!

I am an Indian and resident of Oman. I booked a flight from Oman (Muscat) to Dhaka and Dhaka to India, Kolkata (4 hours transit) with two different ticket in different airlines. Kindly guide me with following:
      1. Do I need a transit visa at Dhaka airport. If yes then, is it available on arrival for an Indian?
      2. Is it ok to travel with a check-in bag as well? Because I need to collect that at Dhaka then board again in for next flight.

Thanks in advance.
      Regards,
      Deep.

1 Answer May 13, 2016 at 4:08 PM
    • Day Tour of Kolkata city

by Britontour Online Now Mar 31, 2016 at 6:44 PM

Can you please list the names of some good tour operators who offer day tours?
      Phone numbers please as well if you have? Thanks.

4 Answers Apr 4, 2016 at 5:25 PM
    • Kolkata to Darjeeling

by Britontour Online Now Mar 15, 2016 at 4:53 AM

Overnight train (18 hrs) or flight,1 hr?
      I could save one night hotel cost but train journey's too long?
      Are the sights good enough to justify the train route?
      Besides, I have only 3 days to travel around Kolkata.
      What would you do in my situation?

5 Answers Mar 16, 2016 at 11:11 AM
    • Crosssing Bangladesh Border

by Britontour Online Now Feb 29, 2016 at 11:55 AM

Kolkatta to Dhaka - Have you crossed the border by land?
      Any reflections?
      Is the experience thrilling enough/worth doing it?

1 Answer Feb 29, 2016 at 5:02 PM
    • Kolkatta - 3 days

by Britontour Online Now Feb 28, 2016 at 8:51 PM

Are there any interesting places outside of Kolkatta city?

3 Answers Sep 29, 2016 at 1:56 AM
    • Anybody going to Joydev Baul Mela in January?

by Saraha456 Online Now Oct 4, 2015 at 7:44 AM

Hi, I would like to go 14 Jan to Joydev Mela in West Bengal. Anybody been there to give me some tips? Also I m looking for a people to travel together and stay there together as as a women not fancy to travel alone. Anybody knows any good hotel there and also what is the best way to travel from Kolkata? Many thanks

1 Answer Oct 4, 2015 at 4:36 PM
    • TRAVEL ARRANGEMENT AVAILABLE FROM GANGTOK TO PELLING

by KaushikDutta Online Now Aug 31, 2015 at 12:13 AM

HI,

I AM TRAVELING TO GANGTOK ON 21/22ND OCTOBER 2015. I AM ALSO INTERESTED IN TRAVELING TO PELLING. IS IT POSSIBLE TO GO TO PELLING AND COME BACK SAME DAY IN TAXI.ALSO PLS SUGGEST SOME DECENT BUDGET HOTELS AT PELLING.

2 Answers Sep 1, 2015 at 2:51 AM
    • Hotel resort closure in Sunderbans

by adatnash Online Now Aug 3, 2015 at 7:13 PM

I booked online for a weekend 2 night stay at the Tiger Camp resort in Sunderbans (through Waxpole hotels). They sent me a message that the WB govt. has ordered the hotels closed for overnight stay. Is this true? What are my other legal and safe alternatives? Any other places you can recommend to visit instead of the Sunderbans?

2 Answers Aug 4, 2015 at 1:01 AM
    • sukibarhey's Profile Photo

Sim card at airport

by sukibarhey Online Now Jul 20, 2015 at 5:56 AM

Can I buy a sim card at Kolkotta airport?

5 Answers Jul 20, 2015 at 7:50 AM
    • Kolkata Rail station to Sudder St

by AuntieAnne Online Now Mar 21, 2015 at 3:33 AM

Arriving into Kolkata from Bhubaneshwar and want to travel from the train station to Sudder ST to our hotel. What would be the best way?

7 Answers Apr 23, 2015 at 12:49 AM
    • bobbied0517's Profile Photo

Clothing for Kolkata

by bobbied0517 Online Now Feb 21, 2015 at 10:15 PM

Since the temperature will be 90 to 100 degrees, is it ever okay for a mature woman to wear shorts, knee length skirts, or sleeveless blouses?

9 Answers Feb 22, 2015 at 5:30 PM
    • Bus stand to Sonakhali

by MartinK19 Online Now Feb 11, 2015 at 3:48 AM

Hi guys,
      does anyone know where to look for correct bus stand in Kolkata to Sonakhali?
      The bus stand is (was) on Strand Rd. - Babu Ghat, but last info I have this stop was suppose to move last year
      to Kona Expressway - Santragachhi.
      Can anyone confirm or specify?
      Many thanks, Martin.

1 Answer Mar 12, 2015 at 11:15 AM
    • veg restaurants

by KankshaA Online Now Jan 25, 2015 at 12:02 AM

which are the nice veg restaurants in kolkatta

3 Answers Jan 25, 2015 at 9:05 AM
    • TravelTheWorld4's Profile Photo

What to see and do in Kolkata

by TravelTheWorld4 Online Now Dec 21, 2014 at 1:56 PM

I have 5 days in Kolkata. I am a photographer and I am looking for interesting subject matter and things to see. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

3 Answers Dec 22, 2014 at 8:11 PM
    • travelling alone to kolkata dont know hindi

by a-3- Online Now Nov 3, 2014 at 12:22 AM

i booked my flight ticket on nov 14 2014....i need a tour package from kolkata and a return ticket to chennai.......help pls

4 Answers Nov 3, 2014 at 3:42 AM
    • adventure sports for children

by saptarshi Online Now Oct 23, 2014 at 12:02 AM

is there any opportunity of adventure sports for kids during weekends? any group/team organizing?

1 Answer Oct 30, 2014 at 3:38 AM
    • mehulraj's Profile Photo

budget accomodation..

by mehulraj Online Now Sep 22, 2014 at 10:02 AM

planning to visit kolkata for next months starting december for about 6 months..

going to stay in city for about 2-3 days..any suggestion for budget hotels..

please do suggest if you have any experience or heard it from frns..I know to use different hotels websites ( please dont suggest any websites )

thx in advance..

9 Answers Sep 23, 2014 at 1:46 PM
    • 10 days backpacker-kolkata india

by yikeeEe Online Now Sep 18, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Hey guys, i will go to kolkata on mid of nov approximately 10days. Is there any places of attractive and places surround kolkata worth to visit. waiting for your guys feedback. Appreciate and thankssss..

5 Answers Sep 21, 2014 at 9:33 AM
    • JAnoopM's Profile Photo

Sunderbans

by JAnoopM Online Now Aug 31, 2014 at 2:23 AM

Hi,

Is it advisable to travel sunderbans without a tour operator and the tour package..

2 Answers Dec 16, 2014 at 8:52 AM
    • pre-paid taxis at airport

by queenjills Online Now Aug 18, 2014 at 4:49 AM

Is the pre-paid taxi stand open insider the terminal 24 hours a day or only limited hours?

4 Answers Aug 18, 2014 at 7:35 AM
    • horsr riding gear in kolkata

by anjupasari Online Now Jul 19, 2014 at 1:28 AM

where to get horsr riding boots in kolkata

• robertopele's Profile Photo

Kolkata to The Sunderbans

by robertopele Online Now Jun 25, 2014 at 8:53 AM

Hi has anyone been to The Sunderbans outside Kolkata?
      We are thinking of going when we are there.
      Is it worth it for 1 or 2 days? Where is the best place to go? What is there to do/see? How can we get there from Kolkata?

3 Answers Jun 25, 2014 at 2:45 PM
    • robertopele's Profile Photo

Kolkata to Bangladesh

by robertopele Online Now Jun 24, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Is it possible to go to Bangladesh for a couple of days when staying in Kolkata? What is the best way to get there? Would I need a Visa, I'm for the UK?

1 Answer Jun 24, 2014 at 7:14 AM
    • Want to stay in kolkata with girlfriend ...

by ankan_91 Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Hi friends , I will come to kolkata from coimbatore to meet my girlfriend. I want to know about good the hotel where i can stay with my girlfriend. We are not married . My budget is 4000-5000/- max per night ..

3 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 2:56 PM
    • Reach Kolkata airport at midnite

by Bhlian Online Now Jan 16, 2014 at 8:51 AM

I will reach Kolkata airport at midnite. I'm a female traveling alone. Is it safe to take taxi from airport to sudder street? And is there anything I should be aware of? Thanks 

6 Answers Mar 26, 2014 at 5:30 AM
    • Reliable Rental Car in Salt Lake Area

by krishmunn Online Now Nov 14, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Can someone suggest a reliable taxi service near Salt Lake area . How much are the daily charges for a small (basic) car ?

Also, is it safe to take a Pre-Paid taxi from Airport to Salt Lake at around 10 PM. I am basically from India (not from Kolkata though) but settled in US.

5 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 6:19 PM
    • zuhur's Profile Photo

Kolkata, India

by zuhur Online Now Oct 25, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Can people suggest do-not-miss sights for a visitor to Kolkata, India? Hope to go in November. I won't have lots of time as will be attending a conference.

10 Answers Oct 26, 2013 at 6:10 AM
    • Voga Centres in Calcutta

by AnnabelMo Online Now Oct 23, 2013 at 11:47 PM

I'm travelling to Calcutta in a month or so. Has anyone experience, or is aware of any Yoga Centre in Calcutta, or the surrounding area where i could do up to a week long, all inclusive retreat? Failing that we might do it when we get to Varanasi if anyone knows of a good Yoga Retreat there? Thanks!

1 Answer Oct 24, 2013 at 12:34 AM
    • trip to Gujarat by car

by SayanMuhury Online Now Oct 7, 2013 at 11:35 AM

I am planning for a trip to Gujarat and i need a trip plan how i could cover most of Gujarat within with in 8 days in my personal car...its urgent i need to leave within 9th of october.

4 Answers Oct 8, 2013 at 3:26 AM
    • want to know about tourist spot about kolkata

by sunnybhai Online Now Sep 27, 2013 at 3:07 AM

I am coming kolkata on 30th September let me know the best tourist sport in kolkata .

Sunny

4 Answers Sep 27, 2013 at 7:03 AM