Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• meeson's Profile Photo

train xanten

Düsseldorf Nov 17, 2016 at 9:34 AM

Hi vt'ers
      I'm off to Xanten in Germany next March. what is the best airport to fly to in dusseldorf to be closest to Xanten.

thanks in advance

more
    • accomidation

by girraffe44 Online Now Sep 4, 2014 at 5:19 AM

Hotels or Guest house close to war cemetary

1 Answer Sep 7, 2014 at 6:24 PM
    • REICHSWALD FOREST WAR CEMETERY

by cel10671 Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 6:19 AM

I would like to visit this cemetery. I live in uk but don't now how I go about getting there.. I would fly can anyone help plz

3 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 10:09 AM
    • December visit

by tombailey Online Now Oct 2, 2013 at 10:34 PM

I will be arriving in Kleve by train in December and want to visit the British/Commonwealth war cemetery. Would a taxi be the best way to get to and from the cemetery??

1 Answer Oct 2, 2013 at 11:17 PM
    • Planning a visit in August

by Zimmerframe Online Now Feb 6, 2011 at 2:47 PM

I'm planning to visit Kleve in August this year. I plan to drive from the UK in a 2 seat sports car, (MX5). My son will also be travelling with me using his motorbike.

The primary reason for the trip is to visit the Reichswold War cemetery where my uncle is buried. The trip would be made over a 4 day weekend and we would plan to leave the UK on Friday and return on Monday.

We would most likely use a ferry, (though the Euro tunnel is a possibility too) either to France or Holland and drive from there.

Can you suggest some car and bike freindly places to stay in or around Kleve. Not nessesarily hotels but secure parking is required. Bed and breakfast or possibly half board. A smaller type accomodation is what we would want. Farm houses possibly?

We would also like to tour round for a couple of days while we are there. are there any nice driving roads in the area?

Any other tips at all gratefully received.

Thanks.

1 Answer Feb 7, 2011 at 12:10 PM
    • Dusseldorf airport to kleve

by ntmhx Online Now Aug 1, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Could anyone give me directions on how to get from Dusseldorf airport to kleve?
      Thank you!

6 Answers Aug 2, 2009 at 2:47 PM
    • Kleve Cemetery

by mintocres Online Now Apr 18, 2009 at 5:46 PM

Hi, we (4 healthy seniors) shall be coming to Germany, basically to see a relative's grave at the Reichswald Forest War Cemetery near Kleve. We hope to spend 2 days in the surrounding area ( possibly landing at Frankfurt or Dusseldorf or even Amsterdam airport_ and then an overnight in a town near the cemetery. We will be relying on train and bus transportation. We hope to see some of the Rhine and go for a day cruise.
      Could you please offer us some suggestion? After visiting the cemetery we will be traveling up to Copenhagen- perhaps by airplane??

2 Answers Apr 19, 2009 at 3:23 AM
    • JHR's Profile Photo

Weeze, Kleve, Emmerich - general advice please

by JHR Online Now Feb 24, 2009 at 5:53 PM

I have just booked Ryanair flights to Weeze, just for the hell of it and because the tickets were so cheap. I fly in on the Friday, fly out on the Monday, at the end of March. I have sorted out accommodation for Friday and Sunday in Weeze itself - but due to a Marathon or Fun-run being held in the area, I need to find accommodation away from Weeze on the Saturday. I was thinking of Kleve or Emmerich. I see that DB trains run from Weeze to Kleve. Question 1. Is it easy to get from Kleve to Emmerich by bus? Question 2. Where would you suggest staying, Kleve or Emmerich? (I am drawn to Emmerich by the prospect of views of the Rhine). This trip is just a bit of a bummel (obscure English word taken from the German) - with no fixed agenda. I do have a Degree in European Humanities, and an interest in architecture, art, history etc. (but no real inclination to go into Dusseldorf) - Any tips on small local museums, churches, or places of historical interest would be much appreciated. I am learning German at my local Goethe Institut - if it is easier, please feel free to reply in German!

6 Answers Feb 25, 2009 at 12:47 PM
    • BeverlyVerheyen@vtmail.com

by BeverlyVerheyen Online Now Jul 26, 2008 at 12:52 PM

I need directions from the bus station in Kleve to SIXT car rental, Wiesenstrasse 18, 47533 Kleve. If I can take a bus there, I need the number; or do I have to take a taxi? What street is the bus station? I am coming from Nigmen?

3 Answers Jul 26, 2008 at 5:49 PM
    • BeverlyVerheyen@vtmail.com

by BeverlyVerheyen Online Now Jul 25, 2008 at 8:54 AM

I will be arriving in Nijmegen on 14 Sept by train. What is the name of the shippingline that goes from Nijmegen to Kleve?

3 Answers Jul 26, 2008 at 10:11 AM