change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• jmhultin's Profile Photo

Cash-ATMs-Tips

Kenya Aug 8, 2016 at 12:48 PM

Planning 3 weeks of independent travel in Kenya and Rwanda at 4 different safari camps. Tipping guidelines suggest that I will need a fair amount of cash in small denominations. We would prefer not to carry it all with us throughout the trip. We'll have a couple of transfers at Wilson airport, where I assume we'll have access to an ATM (how reliable?) but most likely not in smaller villages. What currencies can I expect to have access to? What currencies will I want? (I'll be starting with US dollars).

Thanks

more
    • shakakthar's Profile Photo

ol pajeta conservancy

Kenya Aug 22, 2016 at 12:08 PM

from nanyuki town... how to go to ol pajeta conservancy....can we hire a safari jeep from nanyuki or one has to take from nairobi....all the tour operators are quoting per person /day... which works out more expensive than hiring a jeep with driver for i full day
      i cannot see much information about this conservancy.. and not many tour operators have a tour to this park.. not sure about the reason behind its unpopularity

more

migration in first week of october

Masai Mara Game Reserve Jul 27, 2016 at 12:38 PM

if i have to place a bet to see migration of wild beast in first week of october then where should i place my bet?
      MARA or Northern SERENGETTI......as of today the migration is located in mara,
      depending on this i have to make my programme
      inputs from experts will be appreciated

more

second best national park in kenya

Kenya Aug 22, 2016 at 11:59 AM

which is the second best destination after mara in terms of good wildlife and least vehicular traffic...iam avoiding nakuru and naivasha due to the density of tourists visiting each day....
      samburu is very far after doing mara... thinking of ol pajeta... is there any other parks within 200km of nairobi

more
    • jmhultin's Profile Photo

Taxis/car service in Nairobi

Nairobi Aug 18, 2016 at 7:32 AM

I understand that taxis in Nairobi can be a bit dicey, in terms of security. Can taxis and car services arranged through my hotel (a fairly upscale Western hotel) be considered reliable?

more
    • Climate & things to carry in Safari

Kenya 12 hours ago

I plan to join a local ADVENTURE HOLIDAY Safari comapny to tour 6 days in Masai Mara, Nakuru & Amusloi in 2nd week of September 2016.
      Are the tented accommodation have electricity, Bedding Attached Bath & Eatery etc.
      What is electric voltage & pin type in Kenya

What will be the climate / temperature like in September 2nd week... Cold or Hot

WHAT ARE ALL THE THINGS I NEED TO CARRY
      Like Mosquito repellent, Hw to avoid Mosquiots ,Shoes or Sandals ,

Winter or summer dress
      any mosquito tablets ,Bedding and any other things to carry in safari tour

Pl guide me

more
    • 2 days trip out side masai mara safari

Kenya 14 hours ago

Hi,
      Now I have planned for 6 day , Masai Mara, Navisha, Lake nakuru & Ambusoli.
      Do you recommend to cut it short my 4 days and go else where in Kenya or near by place with in Kenya or nearby country
      If so where do you suggest me to go . It should by q or 2 hours travel

more
    • How safe it is to stay in tented accommodations inside masai mara or Nakuru lake area

Kenya Aug 6, 2016 at 11:50 AM

Hello,

I am planning to visit Kenya in the middle of September and go to Masai Mara/ Nakru lake/ Navisha & Ambusoli

I am also planning to do wild life safari thru safari- bookings .com and wish to know as How safe it is to stay in tented accommodations ...especially from Mosquito bites.

In tents , will it be mosquito free ? Or how to escape from Mosquito bites.

Pl advice

Garos

more
    • E-visa or On arrival visa for Indians

Kenya Aug 6, 2016 at 12:00 PM

Hi,
      I am an Indain & plan to visit Kenya In the middle of September 2016. Pl advice me whether I should get E-visa or On arrival visa for Indians.

I am told that On-arrival visa is economical say $ 50 and fro E-visa it will be $100 it seems.

Any idea on arrival visa for Indians. Do they issue on arrival visa for Indians at Kenya Airport.

Pl inform me

more

tourist visa

Kenya Aug 17, 2016 at 1:25 AM

planning to do kenya 4 days and visit arusha in tanzania by road and re-enter kenya and fly out of nairobi....
      do i have to take kenya visa again at the border when i re-enter kenya from tanzania..
      heared one single visa is valid for multiple entries between these two countries..
      anyone who has experience please share

more
    • the___gecko's Profile Photo

diving

by the___gecko Online Now Aug 10, 2010 at 9:11 PM

does anyone know how this compares to zanzibarin tanzania as far as diving is concerned. ive been recommend going to zanizbar but have no other reason to visit tanzania and couldnt be stuffed getting a visa is kisite is good enough

2 Answers Aug 11, 2010 at 12:04 AM