change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Driving from Airport to the City

Edinburgh Nov 5, 2016 at 12:36 PM

Arrival June 2015

If we pick up a rental car in the morning is there a good place to park near the western side of the city? I'm guessing parking then taking public transport is advisable. In hopes of doing so by around noon would there likely be time to visit some attractions in that area? Perhaps the castle if we're alert enough? G-g-grandparents were married in St. Cuthbert's so that's a must. Driving into the city proper seems unwise.

We're staying in Musselburgh and would like to see something of Edinburgh before heading that way. The route looks quite straightforward but I wonder about late afternoon traffic. Should we wait until sometime after 6:00 PM to avoid rush hour? 

Many thanks!

more

Near Kirkwall

• rainerfrank's Profile Photo

50cc-motorbike to hire

by rainerfrank Online Now Mar 13, 2014 at 9:39 AM

by rainerfrank

Does any body know an agency or station or a private person in the area between Thurso and John 0`Groats or on the Orkneys of whom I can hire a 50cc or 80cc motorbike (scooter or dirtbike or similar)? I would like to go to Orkney Isles for some 5 days. Please answer soon as I am going at the end of april Thanks a lot for careing.
      With cordial greetings from Carinthia / Austria,
      Rainer

4 Answers Mar 14, 2014 at 12:15 AM
    • Buses from Kirwall

by lisaitalymilan Online Now Jun 8, 2011 at 7:50 AM

Hi, I know the buses exist but I can't find a site which gives me a timetable. Even on Stagecoach or First I need a final destination and I don't know it.
      I just need to know where the buses from Kirwall go to and then I can plan my holiday. We are going in about a week's time.

4 Answers Jun 8, 2011 at 12:38 PM
    • Cruising

by Icruise Online Now Jun 14, 2007 at 2:13 AM

I will be calling in at the follwing places whilst on a cruise in July 07. Any tips, please, as to what to do for a few hours just to get a "feel" for the area -very little walking required! Kirkwall, Orkneys; Torshavn, Faroes; Reyjavic,Iceland; Narsasuaq,Greenland; Nuuk,Greenland, Nanortalik,Greenland; Cobh,Ireland. Local buses would be fine.

2 Answers Jun 19, 2007 at 4:02 AM
    • accom. 2 adults a nd dog

by ruby05 Online Now Feb 18, 2007 at 11:59 AM

looking for self catering for my father and i. and my 8 yrold dog.
      lookin for something by the sea in either kirkwall or stromness.
      self catering, near a decent pub, maybe a bookies as well!!!!!!
      any reccomendatioins appreciated,
      richard.

2 Answers Apr 16, 2007 at 12:51 PM