Kinnegad

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Waterford Crystal

Ireland 2 hours ago

Is it possible to get great deals on Irish made Crystal? I'm not picky about the brand. if so, in what town/store?

more
    • Killarney day tour Gap of Dunloe

Ireland Jul 28, 2016 at 6:12 PM

Need some help please in planning a day sightseeing Gap of Dunloe area. Is it better to take this tour with guide or can it be done independently. I have been to Killarney a few times and am familiar with National Park and have some sightseeing tours.
      I read that there is a shuttle bus from tourist office and bus station that drops off tourists who are hiking the trails. I enjoy trails but not sure if I should join a tour or do the hiking and afterwards pick up the shuttle to get back to town or National Park. I will be in Killarney on August 17-18. Thanks for any suggestions.

more
    • Keaner's Profile Photo

dublin hop on hop off green bus vs red bus

Dublin Jul 31, 2016 at 4:55 AM

Which hop on hop off bus tour is better green or red bus?

Thanks

Keaner

more
    • Dublin airport: B&B overnight

Ireland Jul 25, 2016 at 1:30 PM

Looking for a B&B close to airport for 1 night early September. Have stayed at most hotels in airport area but because of higher prices and some with no breakfast included, looking to stay in B&B that is not far from airport and would prefer one on the city bus route from city. Any recommendations, will be appreciated. Thank you.

more
    • karmann58's Profile Photo

Killalane Road Races September 2016

Ireland Aug 22, 2016 at 5:43 PM

Hello,

My husband and I will be on our 1st trip to Ireland in September and would love to go to the Killalane Road Races, but, we came across an article that they are cancelled.

Can anyone confirm that for me?

Thank you and much appreciated :)

Judy

more
    • karmann58's Profile Photo

Last night accomodation

Ireland Aug 7, 2016 at 12:15 PM

Hello all,

I was wondering if I could get some Dublin airport hotel accomodation recommendations for our last night's stay before flying home on September 22nd. Our flight leaves at 1:50pm. We will need a hotel that offers free shuttle service.

Thanks for your time! :)

more
    • mabmojo's Profile Photo

Small Engine Flight / Aerial Tour

Ireland Aug 3, 2016 at 3:49 PM

Looking for to have a flight around either Dublin area or Galway. an hour or two. Just a nice aerial tour. Any one know any small engine plane operators for hire?

more
    • Keaner's Profile Photo

best transportation from airport to Hotel

Dublin Jul 31, 2016 at 6:28 AM

Wife and I are traveling to Dublin this Aug from 9-16 and wondering the best transportation from the Dublin International Airport to The Castel Hotel.

Thanks
      Keaner

more
    • Keaner's Profile Photo

Should we book our tours before we get to Dublin

Dublin Jul 25, 2016 at 6:32 PM

My wife and I are traveling from Newfoundland to Dublin form Aug 8-16 for my wife 50th birthday. We are wonder if we should book defore or when we get to Dublin. There are so many tour company's and all we want is to book with a good company and have fun.
      My wife is a big Game of Thornes fan and she like to see Ring of Kerry, Giants Causeway, Cliffs of Moher, Dark Hedges or any other things we can do. Also this is our first time in Ireland.

more
    • glen006's Profile Photo

One week road trip!

Ireland Aug 21, 2016 at 1:35 AM

Hi,

My wife and I (mid 30's, adventurous) are heading to Ireland for a week in October, and have hired a car with the plan to road trip around the island.

I have envisaged the following itinerary, is it doable, and does anyone have any other suggestions?

Day 1: Arr Dublin, Dublin – Belfast
      Day 2: Belfast
      Day 3: Belfast – Giants Causeway – Derry – Swanlinbar (family)
      Day 4: Swanlinbar – Galway
      Day 5: Galway – Blarney/Cork
      Day 6: Cork – Dublin
      Day 7: Dublin
      Day 8: Dep Dublin

more
    • Is Ennis a good base for hiking?

Ennis Aug 16, 2016 at 6:00 AM

I'll be flying into and out of Shannon and have 3 full days. I am on foot - no car. Would like to see towns, music and hiking. Is the bus service from Ennis good enough to get to good hiking (Burrens, coasts, etc) that I can use Ennis as my base town? Thank you :)

more
    • Traveling with tour to Copenhagen, Norway, Sweden returning to Dublin/JFK

Ireland Aug 8, 2016 at 12:40 PM

Arriving into Ireland end of next week August and need advice on best method to purchase foreign currencies for my tour. I contacted Irish Bank today which was a waste of time. They could not place my order which I would pay for with Debit in Euros and pick up on arrival. Said I would need to visit the branch and complete order forms. Then advised the bank only handles money to use in Sweden. This did not help either as Stockholm will be the last stopover before leaving on return flight to Dublin and on to JFK.

Will travel on A/F flight to Copenhagen to join tour. I need to have some money to use in Denmark on arrival in case I take a taxi or train getting to hotel. I am arriving on a Saturday and need advice please on best way to get the currencies.

I know there are foreign exchange kiosks at most airports but not sure if one can purchase currency using Euros debit card. Some meals are included and paid for on tour. I need to have some money on arrival in Copenhagen. Is it easy to get money at airports?
      Will visit Killarney for 3 nights mid week on arrival, then Donegal Town for 2 and one night near Dublin before I begin the tour. Know that the banks in Ireland are closed on Saturday so greatlyl appreciate help with this matter please. Thank you.

more
    • Keaner's Profile Photo

Currency exchange in Ireland

Dublin Jul 27, 2016 at 7:58 AM

Traveling to Dublin, Ireland this August and wondering if we should exchange our Canadian currency before we leave or wait tell we arrive in Dublin.
      Also location to exchange currency while over in Ireland.

Thanks

more
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

KINSALE FOR A WEEK

Kinsale Aug 19, 2016 at 12:47 PM

We've been to Ireland ,last year...more around Galway 8 days, and Dublin ....is a 10 days in kinsale good, or more or less.......we like walking the old streets with shops and food...not big in bar scene....can u help....I know u can. Thanks,,,Martin

more
    • wandeljp's Profile Photo

Road trip

Ireland Aug 7, 2016 at 12:04 AM

Wel, as usual, my question is in fact questions:
      We are thinking to go next year to Ireland.
      Do you think 14 days are enought for doing the tour by car of the island ?
      What are the place we we can not miss, that we must see for sure ? (city, building, nature, landscape, ... )
      Thanks !

more
    • Ordering one way ticket online

Ireland Jul 25, 2016 at 10:42 AM

I'm trying to buy a one way ticket on Iarnrod Eireann official site without success. Want travel on early train Killarney to Dublin Connolly station where I can connect with express bus service to Donegal. on August 19. I only need a one way ticket so I want to check the fare, standard class and first class since its early morning.

I have received my Open Roads bus pass already which will cover second leg of journey. If I can order it online I feel I might get a better price. Also the ticket office in Killarney might not be open when I arrive after 7am.

Had this experience before. Walked to the Killarney station one Saturday morning to buy a ticket to travel next day to Dublin and was told by a conductor that the ticket office is closed all weekend. Did not expect to hear this in summer peak season in a big tourist hub like Killarney.

Any help please getting my ticket in advance. Thank you. Kate

more