Khumbu Himal

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Possible to buy fuel in Chukung?

by dreamingof8a Online Now Feb 12, 2016 at 5:57 AM

Is it possible to buy fuel for my stove (kerosene, diesel, white gas) in Chukung? Or maybe DIngboche/Pheriche?

Thanks!

1 Answer Feb 12, 2016 at 6:33 AM
    • Current situation regarding TIMS cards

by dreamingof8a Online Now Feb 9, 2016 at 11:01 AM

Hi, I am finding different and contradicting information on this matter online:

- is it possible to pick up a TIMS card anywhere in Katmandu on a Saturday? In this case 8th Oct 2016 (I believe there is some kind of festival going on around that weekend?)
      - is it possible to buy a TIMS card somewhere after Lukla? At additional costs?

Thanks!

3 Answers Feb 9, 2016 at 10:56 PM
    • Hiring a porter to carry things from Namche to Chukkung while trekking 3 Passes?

by dreamingof8a Online Now Nov 30, 2015 at 1:18 AM

I was wondering if it is possible (probably) and also safe to hire a porter in Namche Bazar or maybe already lukla to carry some gear to Chukkung, while I carry on to hike the 3 Passes. Later I'd pick up the gear in Chukkung for the remainder of the trip so it would have to be stored away in some lodge (which I'd be happy to stay at of course).
      Would this be feasable?

3 Answers Dec 1, 2015 at 3:24 AM
    • Looking for a Nepalese translator/companion

by scribbull Online Now Feb 25, 2009 at 2:09 PM

Hey there,
      I am currently planning a trip to Nepal to research Yak Farming as part of an undergraduate study, particularly in Khumbu, Pheriche and Namche Bazaar. I am planning the trip for June 2010 currently, but this date may change. I am looking for a Khumbu local person to accompany me who is fluent in Nepalese and preferrably knows something about yak farming or is a Yak farmer themselves. Please could you give me any advice or point me in any directions for help!
      Thanks,
      Matt