change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• poepat's Profile Photo

DON DET 4000 ISLANDS ADVICE PLEASE

Laos Nov 20, 2016 at 9:21 AM

Hi, we are changing our 2017 travel plans around and have decided to travel from Siem Reap to 4000 islands Laos. We hope to have about six full days around the 4000 islands.... Can anyone advise the best island to stay on, we were thinking of Don Det and also of any reasonable accommodation. We are ideally after a few bars and restaurant's in the nearby location of accommodation. We enjoy cycling jungle trekking waterfalls and generally enjoying local cultures and of course drinking and eating... Many thanks in advance POEPAT

more

Popular Khoueng Phongsali Travel Answer Locations

• William-G's Profile Photo

North Laos

Phongsali Jan 8, 2015 at 5:43 AM

Hello,

I'm going to travel in North Laos for 20 day's and I'm looking for accomodation in those place:
      Boun Neua, Gnot Out and Samphan.
      Do someone have some recomandation?

Regards

William

1 Answer Jan 8, 2015 at 7:53 AM
    • Entering Laos through Taichang?

Khoueng Phongsali Sep 14, 2010 at 8:11 AM

I plan to enter Laos from Vietnam through the international check piont at Taichang/Tay Trang, which is located near Dien Bien Phu of Vietnam or Muang Mai of Laos. However,the web site of www.tourismlaos.org explains that a Visa-on-Arrival is not available at the check point.

I am a Korean and a Korean is exempted from a Laos visa. I wonder whether I can enter Laos through that check point or not. I think theoretically I should be able to do so but the reality there is? I am afraid that the facility at that check point is pretty poor and only the people holding a visa or neighbouring countries such as Vietnam or China are allowed to do so?

What is the situation there? Anybody knows about it?

2 Answers Sep 16, 2010 at 3:37 PM