Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Lillian90's Profile Photo

Malaria prophylaxis

Cambodia Jun 23, 2016 at 11:43 PM

Hello!

I am travelling to Cambodia and the Philippines this summer.
      I am staying a week in Cambodia, 3 days in Siem Reap and 4 days in Phnom Phen. Then I am going to the Philipines for almost two weeks, 6 days in Laoag and Pagudpud and then the rest of the time in Manila.
      When I look at the Danish health department's guidelines for Malaria prophylaxis they recommend to take tablets but they then link to a malaria map on the national health services website for the UK, and when I look at that map the areas I am visiting has the "low to no risk, antimalaria is usually not advised" colour.
      So I am a bit torn on what to do, does people normally take antimalaria tablets when travelling in these areas, or just make sure to use mozzie reppellant with DEET and proper clothing?
      I am thinking theres always a risk that there will be a malaria infected mozzie in the area because you cant control where they fly, and I normally trust the travel advices of the health department.

Any advices from experienced travellers in these areas would be appreciated!

Lillian

more
    • Phnom Penh and nearby villages

Phnom Penh Jun 24, 2016 at 2:25 AM

Hi everyone. I will be for 4 days in Phnom Penh next week and I would like to live the real life of rural villages, rice farmers, children's and people's condition in local little villages.I'm a photographer and it's quite difficult for me to find out where to go in a range of 30/50 Km from the city. Has someone suggestions? In which direction to go? Which villages? Does someone know a local guide to suggest? (not a touristic guide, since I don't need to go to touristic places). Thanks a lot in advance. Dan

more