change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• deidrev's Profile Photo

Private Guide

Kenya Nov 25, 2016 at 12:20 AM

Where can I get info on a guide that are willing t take us to nature reserves close to Nairobi with his/her own car & who can recommend accommodation closeby reserves?

more
    • deidrev's Profile Photo

Private Guide

Kenya Nov 25, 2016 at 12:20 AM

Where can I get info on a guide that are willing t take us to nature reserves close to Nairobi with his/her own car & who can recommend accommodation closeby reserves?

6 Answers Nov 29, 2016 at 4:27 PM
    • Means transportation DIANI to MALINDI Airport

Malindi Nov 1, 2016 at 10:13 AM

Hi all,
      I would like to know the best/economic way to reach Malindi airport from our Hotel at Diani beach(Neptune village beach&resort).we are family x 3persons adults.
      Thank you very luch for help
      Omar slimi

8 Answers Nov 2, 2016 at 4:30 PM
    • sjokatt's Profile Photo

Do anybody knows anything about this company?

Kenya Oct 25, 2016 at 12:22 AM

http://www.gorillasafarisrwanda.com
      GORILLA SAFARIS RWANDA, DORIS HOUSE, TOM MBOYA STREET, P.O. Box 2939, MERU, KENYA TEL + 254 723 684 974, Websites http://www.gorillasafarisrwanda.com / http://laikipiakenya.wordpress.com EMAIL US: rnxploresafaris@gmail.com or info@gorillasafarisrwanda.com or info@gorillasafarisrwanda.com
      Can I trust this? Need to hire a safari car in Arusha in December.
      Grateful for any answer.

1 Answer Oct 25, 2016 at 11:06 AM
    • Transit and baggage flying to Zanzibar via Nairobi

Nairobi Oct 3, 2016 at 4:27 AM

I'm flying to Zanzibar via Nairobi with Kenya Airways. Land at 5:05pm and the connecting flight with Precision Air is at 7:05pm. Is this enough time to connect and when in transit do you need to go and claim baggage and go through customs? Can the bags be checked for final destination?

2 Answers Oct 4, 2016 at 4:01 AM
    • shakakthar's Profile Photo

oral polio

Kenya Sep 7, 2016 at 1:42 AM

is oral polio a must before going to kenya from india... we took yellow fever vacc but .. i was told even oral polio is needed.. anybody travelled to kenya from india please help

8 Answers Sep 8, 2016 at 11:01 PM
    • Night Clubs

Mombasa Sep 4, 2016 at 3:40 AM

What Night Clubs are safe in Mombasa to meet girls.

10 Answers Sep 13, 2016 at 3:03 PM

lake elementatia

Kenya Aug 31, 2016 at 9:46 AM

can i see flamingos in lake elementatia... have no time to visit lake bagoria or nakuru

1 Answer Aug 31, 2016 at 10:21 PM

samburu vs amboseli

Kenya Aug 31, 2016 at 9:44 AM

if have to select one from the above which one should i go for?
      samburu is 350km from nairobi and amboseli is only 250km...amboseli has cheaper accomodation than samburu
      after seeing various national parks.enclosed in a vehicle..for a change want to experience a real bush stay in bettween the wild....

1 Answer Aug 31, 2016 at 10:32 PM
    • garos's Profile Photo

Climate & things to carry in Safari

Kenya Aug 26, 2016 at 12:20 PM

I plan to join a local ADVENTURE HOLIDAY Safari comapny to tour 6 days in Masai Mara, Nakuru & Amusloi in 2nd week of September 2016.
      Are the tented accommodation have electricity, Bedding Attached Bath & Eatery etc.
      What is electric voltage & pin type in Kenya

What will be the climate / temperature like in September 2nd week... Cold or Hot

WHAT ARE ALL THE THINGS I NEED TO CARRY
      Like Mosquito repellent, Hw to avoid Mosquiots ,Shoes or Sandals ,

Winter or summer dress
      any mosquito tablets ,Bedding and any other things to carry in safari tour

Pl guide me

5 Answers Aug 27, 2016 at 4:36 PM
    • garos's Profile Photo

2 days trip out side masai mara safari

Kenya Aug 26, 2016 at 11:10 AM

Hi,
      Now I have planned for 6 day , Masai Mara, Navisha, Lake nakuru & Ambusoli.
      Do you recommend to cut it short my 4 days and go else where in Kenya or near by place with in Kenya or nearby country
      If so where do you suggest me to go . It should by q or 2 hours travel

4 Answers Aug 26, 2016 at 12:44 PM

ol pajeta conservancy

Kenya Aug 22, 2016 at 12:08 PM

from nanyuki town... how to go to ol pajeta conservancy....can we hire a safari jeep from nanyuki or one has to take from nairobi....all the tour operators are quoting per person /day... which works out more expensive than hiring a jeep with driver for i full day
      i cannot see much information about this conservancy.. and not many tour operators have a tour to this park.. not sure about the reason behind its unpopularity

2 Answers Aug 22, 2016 at 2:30 PM

second best national park in kenya

Kenya Aug 22, 2016 at 11:59 AM

which is the second best destination after mara in terms of good wildlife and least vehicular traffic...iam avoiding nakuru and naivasha due to the density of tourists visiting each day....
      samburu is very far after doing mara... thinking of ol pajeta... is there any other parks within 200km of nairobi

3 Answers Aug 22, 2016 at 2:43 PM
    • jmhultin's Profile Photo

Taxis/car service in Nairobi

Nairobi Aug 18, 2016 at 7:32 AM

I understand that taxis in Nairobi can be a bit dicey, in terms of security. Can taxis and car services arranged through my hotel (a fairly upscale Western hotel) be considered reliable?

2 Answers Aug 19, 2016 at 3:13 PM

tourist visa

Kenya Aug 17, 2016 at 1:25 AM

planning to do kenya 4 days and visit arusha in tanzania by road and re-enter kenya and fly out of nairobi....
      do i have to take kenya visa again at the border when i re-enter kenya from tanzania..
      heared one single visa is valid for multiple entries between these two countries..
      anyone who has experience please share

6 Answers Aug 26, 2016 at 1:22 PM

Cash-ATMs-Tips

Kenya Aug 8, 2016 at 12:48 PM

Planning 3 weeks of independent travel in Kenya and Rwanda at 4 different safari camps. Tipping guidelines suggest that I will need a fair amount of cash in small denominations. We would prefer not to carry it all with us throughout the trip. We'll have a couple of transfers at Wilson airport, where I assume we'll have access to an ATM (how reliable?) but most likely not in smaller villages. What currencies can I expect to have access to? What currencies will I want? (I'll be starting with US dollars).

Thanks

• garos's Profile Photo

E-visa or On arrival visa for Indians

Kenya Aug 6, 2016 at 12:00 PM

Hi,
      I am an Indain & plan to visit Kenya In the middle of September 2016. Pl advice me whether I should get E-visa or On arrival visa for Indians.

I am told that On-arrival visa is economical say $ 50 and fro E-visa it will be $100 it seems.

Any idea on arrival visa for Indians. Do they issue on arrival visa for Indians at Kenya Airport.

Pl inform me

5 Answers Aug 6, 2016 at 1:12 PM
    • garos's Profile Photo

How safe it is to stay in tented accommodations inside masai mara or Nakuru lake area

Kenya Aug 6, 2016 at 11:50 AM

Hello,

I am planning to visit Kenya in the middle of September and go to Masai Mara/ Nakru lake/ Navisha & Ambusoli

I am also planning to do wild life safari thru safari- bookings .com and wish to know as How safe it is to stay in tented accommodations ...especially from Mosquito bites.

In tents , will it be mosquito free ? Or how to escape from Mosquito bites.

Pl advice

Garos

3 Answers Aug 8, 2016 at 2:31 AM

migration in first week of october

Masai Mara Game Reserve Jul 27, 2016 at 12:38 PM

if i have to place a bet to see migration of wild beast in first week of october then where should i place my bet?
      MARA or Northern SERENGETTI......as of today the migration is located in mara,
      depending on this i have to make my programme
      inputs from experts will be appreciated

1 Answer Jul 28, 2016 at 7:36 AM

Evisa or visa on arrival (US citizen)

Kenya Jul 20, 2016 at 7:49 AM

I've seen earlier threads, but looking for an update. Are evisas available for Kenya? The evisa website doesn't seem to be operating. Earlier reports indicated that visas on arrival were to be done away with.

5 Answers Jul 22, 2016 at 2:15 AM
    • garos's Profile Photo

Nairobi half day sight seeing & tourist attaractions

Kenya Jun 18, 2016 at 6:40 AM

Hi,

I, a single passenger will be arriving in at Kenya st noon on 13th Sep 16 & will make a night halt in a Hotel NAIROBI City center area ,

I plan to go for 6 day safari tour Masai mara, Nakuru lake & Ambusoli from 14th & will be back to Nairobi on 19th Sep 16.
      1. On 13th Sep 2016 Tuesday I have half a day free from say from 12.00 hrs . what to see on this half day in Nairobi or surrounding places.
      2. On 19th Sep I will be finishing Safari & be back in Nairobi at 13,00 hrs and my flight to Johannesburg is only at 20.40 hrs. any place of interest to visit in & around Nairobi

3 Answers Jun 22, 2016 at 5:25 AM
    • lagitane's Profile Photo

query on visiting times for reserves due to health concerns

Kenya Jun 8, 2016 at 6:27 AM

Visiting Kenya and Masai Mara specially is on top of our must do´s. However recent health concerns include not tolerating hot weather or a high UV for even a couple of hours. I know there are morning visits to the reserves and also afternoon ones. If we choose to do just the mornings, would it be worth while and would it be cool or hot already? This may seem like an obvious one but i do not want to lose the chance of seeing nature and yet want to take the right decision so as not to spoil our holiday. My husband wants to gift us this trip for my 50th birthday :) Please advise!

10 Answers Jun 13, 2016 at 1:08 PM
    • Lamu safety

Kenya Jun 1, 2016 at 11:43 AM

Does anyone have recent informations about the safety situation on Lamu Island. I know about official warnings, however, I am interested in recent personal accounts -preferable from someone who lives on Lamu- as to whether it is safe to go these days. Thanks!

4 Answers Jun 8, 2016 at 11:02 PM
    • is One hour transit time In Nairobi Airport sufficient with same kenyan airlines

Nairobi May 31, 2016 at 2:34 AM

Hello,

1. I will be coming from Johannesburg to Nairobi & to Mumbai in Nairobi airport
      2. I will be flying with Kenyan air line in both sectors
      3. I have just one hour in Nairobi air port to transit from IA TO IC terminal.
      4. I am a solo passenger without any heavy luggage .
      5. Both airlines are Kenyan airlines
      6. I will arrive at 6.00 am in the Morning and catch a connecting flight at 7.am

Is the time one hour sufficient to transit in Nairobi. from terminal 1A to TERMINAL 1C.
      I plan to take it as others have 14 to 24 hours transit time.
      Pl guide me

7 Answers Jun 5, 2016 at 2:42 AM
    • is One hour transit time In Nairobi Airport sufficient with same kenyan airlines

Nairobi May 31, 2016 at 2:34 AM

Hello,

1. I will be coming from Johannesburg to Nairobi & to Mumbai in Nairobi airport
      2. I will be flying with Kenyan air line in both sectors
      3. I have just one hour in Nairobi air port to transit from IA TO IC terminal.
      4. I am a solo passenger without any heavy luggage .
      5. Both airlines are Kenyan airlines
      6. I will arrive at 6.00 am in the Morning and catch a connecting flight at 7.am

Is the time one hour sufficient to transit in Nairobi. from terminal 1A to TERMINAL 1C.
      I plan to take it as others have 14 to 24 hours transit time.
      Pl guide me

• one hour transit time ---enoughin nairobi ??

Nairobi May 31, 2016 at 1:51 AM

Hi,

I will be travelling from Johannasberg to Mumbai . I will have to transit thru Nairobi and the transit time is only one hour ,,, just 60 miutes.

I am a solo passenger with out any big checked in luggage .
      Is Nairobi airport is a Large airport.?
      Will it be possible for me to transit from IA to 1C TERMINAL in Nairobi airport at 6.00 am i.e: in the morning .

I am planning to go by this because others are with 14 to 24 hours transit time.

Pl guide me

1 Answer Jun 11, 2016 at 6:10 AM
    • JVC032's Profile Photo

Emmigrate to Kenya from Belgium

Kenya May 11, 2016 at 3:02 AM

Hi, i want to emmigrate to Kenya in one of the next years, my wife is Kenyan who is also living like me in Belgium. I can not find any information wich steps i need to take to do the paperwork about the emmigration, i know that there are people from belgium living in Kenya but didn't have the pleasure to meet them yet. So if anyone knows someone in the same situation please contact me. Thanks Jurgen

4 Answers Jun 20, 2016 at 5:06 AM
    • Diani Beach

Kenya May 4, 2016 at 2:29 AM

Hi Kenya experts,

I am planing a trip to kenyan coast end of July. I want to visit Diani or Tiwi with my family. We would like to stay in a nice calm area, but within walking distance to restaurants and /or shops. Which end of Diani Beach should we pick? North or South? Or perhaps southern end of Tiwi - will we be able to walk from there to Diani?

Thanks a lot, Jeppe (Denmark)

4 Answers May 25, 2016 at 7:08 AM
    • Beach resort for family

Kenya Mar 13, 2016 at 9:27 AM

Hi, we are a family of four looking for a small beach town along the coast of Kenya. Which should we pick? We prefer 1) good sandy beaches, 2) small and not too crowded, however big enough to be able to wander around and look at shops market etc., 3) off the normal tourist route, ie no big package resorts, 4) no loud bars etc. Thanks for your help!

5 Answers May 4, 2016 at 4:49 AM
    • mosaka's Profile Photo

Nairobi airport

Kenya Mar 10, 2016 at 7:06 PM

Hello Travellers,
      I have a domestic flight from Zanzibar to Kenyatta airport arrive T1a with Precision air. (Nairobi airport)
      Then depart Kenyatta T1b international flight to LAX.
      My layover time between arrive and international depart is 3 hours and also I have to take my luggages.
      1) Is the distance between T1a to T1b long ?
      2) Do I need visa to pass over the terminals to catch my international flight?
      3) is 3 hours enough time? Do you think I will make it?
      Any advise is appreciated
      Thank you much

3 Answers Mar 12, 2016 at 1:50 AM
    • mosaka's Profile Photo

Kenya airport

Kenya Mar 10, 2016 at 5:01 PM

Hello Travellers,
      I have a domestic flight from Zanzibar to Kenyatta arrive T1a with Precision air.
      Then depart Kenyatta T1b international flight to LAX.
      My layover time between arrive and international depart is 3 hours and also I have to take my luggages.
      1) Is the distance between T1a to T1b long ?
      2) Do I need visa to pass over the terminals to catch my international flight?
      3) is 3 hours enough time? Do you think I will make it?

Any advise is appreciated
      Thank you much