change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• xaver's Profile Photo

Long neck women tribes

Myanmar (Burma) Oct 2, 2016 at 11:56 AM

Do you know if there are tours leaving from Bagan or Mandalay which include a visit to Kayan villages? As far as I could understand there are excursions but from Inle lake.

• nikoskaps's Profile Photo

Where do backpacking /where use agents, 3 week trip central-NE Myanmar by bus/boat/trek (in my 50s)

Myanmar (Burma) Oct 22, 2016 at 2:01 AM

Hi there!
      I plan a solo, almost backpacking, 3 week trip, next month, around central – northeast Myanmar, trying to minimize or even better :) exclude the travel agents (maybe not possible - nor wise!).
      My initial idea is to do a loop Bagan –Mandalay – Hsipaw – Inle lake and back to Yangon, by public transport, a bit of boat rides where it is interesting, some easy trekking to experience nature and local villages, while keeping budget costs low as possible, maybe 30-50 $/day?
      Could you please suggest a rough idea about where is it possible and effective cost/travel-wise, to do everything independently, and where it worth to use agents?
      I am in my 50s, still enjoying backpacking independent travel, as I’ve always been doing, and yet trying to cope with the difficulties that may occur. Luxuries are not my priority at all, but I’d enjoy some ease here and there, if it is cost / time / and travel-quality worthwhile. I hope, by this, I managed to communicate my complicated thought, well to you :) .
      I already started studying a couple of guidebooks, but it would hugely help to get a first guidance from you guys, so I focus my search and planning of the rest of the many details for this itinerary, to the right direction.
      Thank you in advance!
      Happy travels!!

• is there a place you can swim in that hot water near Keng Tung

by twtdk Online Now Oct 20, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I really like idea about driving 100's of miles and then relax in hot water - It must b posibul.
      How long time on motorbike from Mandalay?
      And can anybody help with a local and not expencive place to stay?

Great thanks
      Kenneth - going to Burma 10/11 - 13

1 Answer Dec 3, 2013 at 7:04 AM
    • KelvinL's Profile Photo

Taxi charges from Tachilek Borders to Kengtung Town

by KelvinL Online Now Dec 23, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Hi guys, i know this might be out of topic, i havent been back to my wife's hometown in years and i am thinking about doing so soon.

She lives in Kengtung , 3 hours from tachilek. We are thinking of crossing the borders and getting a "taxi"which back a few years would be about 2000thb per vehicle, does anyhow know what the rates are like now?

1 Answer Dec 23, 2012 at 11:45 PM
    • flights to and from Keng Tung

by andrearatto Online Now Jan 22, 2010 at 9:52 AM

Are there flights from Yangon and Heho to Keng Tung? Which airline, how often do they fly and approximate cost? Also, is it necessary to have a guide for any treks that you do? Thanks, Andrea and Joe

6 Answers Feb 8, 2010 at 2:48 AM